Opinion Why Canterbury believes its utility player strategy can help get the club back on track

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And who exactly do you think is bending me over? Logic devoid posters like you? Lololol

our forwards are the ones who’ve been getting fucked for the past few years. It’s like Gus is trying to assemble the worst pack in NRL history lol
Logic devoid posts?

From you?

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep. And you’ve already shown many times that rock bottom has a basement - no need for any more :-).
You don’t need to repeat that. It wasn’t clever, original or funny the first time.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t need to repeat that. It wasn’t clever, original or funny the first time.
Ah, that’s right - your work is what’s original and viable.
The only problem is that the original part isn’t viable and the viable part isn’t original. #FlappyGums :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What’s the score now ?

DD 83
Failedagain 0
Don’t you just love how key responses are ignored? Like today when Flappy Gums sprouts ‘What did Gus do financially at Penrith?’ - er - brought Oak in to sponsor Penrith because they had a gaggle in the front office and no major sponsor when Sanyo walked or how Andrew Davey should be ‘listened’ to for criticising the Dogs training methods and when you highlight that he’s a now retired 4 club 40 game 4 year journeyman with little cred - crickets. #ClownCrew :-).

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t you just love how key responses are ignored? Like today when Flappy Gums sprouts ‘What did Gus do financially at Penrith?’ - er - brought Oak in to sponsor Penrith because they had a gaggle in the front office and no major sponsor when Sanyo walked or how Andrew Davey should be ‘listened’ to for criticising the Dogs training methods and when you highlight that he’s a now retired 4 club 40 game 4 year journeyman with little cred - crickets. #ClownCrew :-).
That’s just the usual mate .. they spit out speculation, crap they’ve heard or read in the media, and they twist it all around to suit their agenda …

You come back at them with knowledgeable facts, they ignores them, a week later they’re back arguing the same crap all over again with someone else .. there mustn’t be anything between the ears that can retain factual information ..

Like now they’re saying he missed out on AFB so he could go all in on Luai and now missed him as well … all based on what they’re reading in the media .. how do they know it wasn’t Gus that knocked them back for reasons we don’t know about … they don’t, but that doesn’t suit their agenda …

Wasn’t Gus also responsible for getting Packer to float the Panthers club a $26 million dollar loan to stop it from going into receivership ..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn’t Gus also responsible for getting Packer to float the Panthers club a $26 million dollar loan to stop it from going into receivership ..
He certainly bought James Packer to the table, I don’t know any details of any deal so can’t speculate but it’s widely known the Penrith footy club (not the broader Panthers group) were in trouble financially when Gus arrived. Good thing we’ve got a stable front office at Belmore and Gus only needs to concentrate on footy matters which makes sense anyway - his title at Belmore is GM Football where at Penrith he was GM.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 98790
#PollysEchoChamber is serviced and operational :-).
Maybe Cleary used the blueprint at Penrith from all the success he had at the Tigers. Did it include a bus? :tearsofjoy:.
People kept lemtjonigm the tigers like he failed.
Truth is we don’t know.
He left before his vision could be realised or not

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t flatter yourself. I have multiple people coming at me every day. Can’t keep up with everything.

Gus brought in a major sponsor? So he literally did what executives at every other club do when they lose a major sponsor and you want to throw him a ticker tape parade as if it’s something revolutionary? Too funny, Dink.

I already replied to your Davey rubbish once. If the guy has played at three clubs (one of them who thought enough of his professionalism to have him back twice), that just makes him more experienced and more qualified to comment on how training should be run. And the fact he retired due to injury certainly doesn’t make his opinion any less valid.

That’s the problem with having boot lickers like 1967 doing the “scorecard” for you - it lulls you into a false sense of security and makes you think you’re doing a lot better than you actually are.

Last edited:

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t flatter yourself. I have multiple people coming at me every day. Can’t keep up with everything.

Gus brought in a major sponsor? So he literally did what executives at every other club do when they lose a major sponsor and you want to throw him a ticker tape parade as if it’s something revolutionary? Too funny, Dink.

I already replied to your Davey rubbish once. If the guy has posted at three clubs (one of them who thought enough of his professionalism to have him back twice), that just makes him more experienced and more qualified to comment on how training should be run. And the fact he retired due to injury certainly doesn’t make his opinion any less valid.

That’s the problem with having boot lickers like 1967 doing the “scorecard” for you - it kills you into a false sense of security and makes you think you’re doing a lot better than you actually are.
So your reply is Gus did his job at Penrith to get a sponsorship, but yet didn’t do his job in path way and recruitment. But yet he didn’t do nothing at Penrith . But now at the dogs he isn’t doing his job cause he was hired to destroy the club and now the pathways at the dogs was always good but Gus is fucking it up.
Did I miss anything?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

I already replied to your Davey rubbish once. If the guy has posted at three clubs (one of them who thought enough of his professionalism to have him back twice), that just makes him more experienced and more qualified to comment on how training should be run. And the fact he retired due to injury certainly doesn’t make his opinion any less valid.

That’s the problem with having boot lickers like 1967 doing the “scorecard” for you - it kills you into a false sense of security and makes you think you’re doing a lot better than you actually are.
I don’t need to flatter myself.
Nor is there a false sense of security.
The facts are enough.

Wonder why you have ‘multiple people coming at you every day’ - no scratch that, we don’t wonder :-).
Who said anything about a parade? You asked what Gus did financially at Penrith assuming no-one would have legitimate examples yet the question was answered. But as you’ve been shown up again with facts you divert to some other dribble like parades.
No wonder the caps lock has issues…

Davey was a nobody. End of. Was only signed whilst we carried ridiculous contracts for Thompson and TPJ and even then he couldn’t get a start.

Any more steaming piles of #2 you’ll throw around?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So your reply is Gus did his job at Penrith to get a sponsorship, but yet didn’t do his job in path way and recruitment. But yet he didn’t do nothing at Penrith . But now at the dogs he isn’t doing his job cause he was hired to destroy the club and now the pathways at the dogs was always good but Gus is fucking it up.
Did I miss anything?
You understood that much? Kudos :-).

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s just the usual mate .. they spit out speculation, crap they’ve heard or read in the media, and they twist it all around to suit their agenda …

You come back at them with knowledgeable facts, they ignores them, a week later they’re back arguing the same crap all over again with someone else .. there mustn’t be anything between the ears that can retain factual information ..

Like now they’re saying he missed out on AFB so he could go all in on Luai and now missed him as well … all based on what they’re reading in the media .. how do they know it wasn’t Gus that knocked them back for reasons we don’t know about … they don’t, but that doesn’t suit their agenda …

He certainly bought James Packer to the table, I don’t know any details of any deal so can’t speculate but it’s widely known the Penrith footy club (not the broader Panthers group) were in trouble financially when Gus arrived. Good thing we’ve got a stable front office at Belmore and Gus only needs to concentrate on footy matters which makes sense anyway - his title at Belmore is GM Football where at Penrith he was GM.
The Clowns / the Doom and Gloom Brigade united in finding it difficult to post any positives about anything or anyone at the club, I can't help but feel sorry for them if it is a reflection of their real life :(

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t need to flatter myself.
Nor is there a false sense of security.
The facts are enough.

Wonder why you have ‘multiple people coming at you every day’ - no scratch that, we don’t wonder :-).
Who said anything about a parade? You asked what Gus did financially at Penrith assuming no-one would have legitimate examples yet the question was answered. But as you’ve been shown up again with facts you divert to some other dribble like parades.
No wonder the caps lock has issues…

Davey was a nobody. End of. Was only signed whilst we carried ridiculous contracts for Thompson and TPJ and even then he couldn’t get a start.

Any more steaming piles of #2 you’ll throw around?
Probably because I speak truth from within an echo chamber of delusional boot lickers who don'[t want to hear it.

So he brought a sponsor on board.... and you think that validates the claim he restructured the club's finances? We clearly have very different definitions of what restructuring finances means lol. Bringing in corporate money is just every day shit that any administrator is expected to do. Even if he brought Packer on board - that's not "restructuring finances" it's just having friends in high places.

So once again, you have proven nothing, but you are not a sensible person and have an inflated self opinion, so I'm sure you will believe otherwise. lololol

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Probably because I speak truth
^ stopped reading right there.
Would’ve just been more dribble not troubling the scorers. Onya Flappy Gums…

Let’s see how the Dogs go in 2024.
In the meantime, you go and grinch Christmas - you know, who to blame for weather you don’t like, who stuffed up the meal, what presents you didn’t get blah blah blah. We all know who you’ll blame too :-):
IMG_7721.jpeg