Why are the Bulldogs recruiting more forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He is in elite company though mate with Coward & Finch! haha
I remember Steve Price was knocked out laying motionless on the turf, and that grub stood over him, grabbed his jersey, lifted it up, then let go of it, his head hitting the turf.

I WANTED TO STICK A HOT NEEDLE IN HIS EYES AFTER THAT!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Sorry about that.

You could try to get Tedesco but, he's an amazing gymnast, he loves doing backflips. It makes him hard to pin down. He was also a Roosters supporter growing up so you have to question how decent a person he is to begin with.
Pussy.

Show some gumption and troll if that was the sole purpose.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I don't think Woods is a bad signing. I think he's a good player but, the way he has handled this whole situation by playing it out in the media has made me lose a lot of respect for him. If you look at the Tigers forum nobody likes him at the moment. Woods doesn't have oomph though. He lumbers up to the line and doesn't bend it often. He will always make at least ten meters though and his offloads and passes at the line cause a lot of trouble for defenders. We'll gladly take Graham or Tolman off your hands.

What I was curious about was, why they would get more forwards before they sorted out their halves? I think that's their most pressing issue.
Our signings haven't finished. They've got a target line up in place for next season, there's more to come.

I guess we'll all find out what the plans Hasler has come pre-season training in 2018 (signings should be finalised by then).

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make any sense the we are after woods for 2018. Someone must be on the outer.. I guess we are planning for Graham's departure in 2018. Hasler did chase Fifita when we were stacked with forwards.

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Sorry about that.

You could try to get Tedesco but, he's an amazing gymnast, he loves doing backflips. It makes him hard to pin down. He was also a Roosters supporter growing up so you have to question how decent a person he is to begin with.
So was Josh Reynolds

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
We just needed Josh Reynolds. Next year we'll make the top four.
Every year I have to hear the same shit from a lot of close mates I've grown up with a round concord, Haberfield and Balmain who are all tigers supporters. Every year you guys come out guns blazing win 1 or 2 games on round 1 and 2 and it's the same shit! "We're going to win it this year"! "Did you see us smash (inset club here)"!!! And every year your club implodes by round 5-6. Get your hand off it buddy. Sorry to say but Grub isn't the answer to your problems. And STFU until you make the GF for everyone's sake. It's getting really annoying. You're all the same.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for taking Moses of our hands. That guy is not a very good footballer. #yourproblemnow
You do realise Moses is going to parra not dogs, get off the drugs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think that it is a question of why are we going after forwards? I think the question should be, what type of forwards are we going after. Do we stick with over weight lumbering forwards that stick theirs hands up after 15 minutes asking to come off??? Or are we chasing forwards that are more agile, more mobile and able to play a full 80 minutes if required.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell Greg Eastwood thanks for the helping us win that game. You know he should really play in the halves for you guys. Probably an upgrade from Mbye. #ourgrubnow #premiers2018
Premiership, or premature ejaculation? haha.

I do think Cleary will be good for you and Reynolds will add something to your team. How long til your board gives them the shits and they leave? That's the question.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think that it is a question of why are we going after forwards? I think the question should be, what type of forwards are we going after. Do we stick with over weight lumbering forwards that stick theirs hands up after 15 minutes asking to come off??? Or are we chasing forwards that are more agile, more mobile and able to play a full 80 minutes if required.
You have to look at the balance of things. We have Jacko, RFM and Elliott and probably Martin and Okonubar coming through all of whom are smaller and more mobile. We have Jammer coming to the end, Tolman a couple of years behind him and then Klemmer and now Woods. Woods is a great investment because he not only has the size but he has the natural offload so if one of the current props goes or gets injured we have a reasonable rotation. I suspect next year we will still have Lichaa and have Jacko and Elliott punching out the full 80, which means our rotation will be around our props and a second rower. That gives us a balance that can do good things.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No really, Tedesco is over-rated. We need someone better than him. #ourgrubnow
Baaaaahahaha ! Reynolds better than tedesco ? Baaaahahaha !
You picked the wrong place to troll over Reynolds signing. I reckon 80% of the kennel didn't rate Reynolds in the first place.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No really, Tedesco is over-rated. We need someone better than him. #ourgrubnow
Most of us on here love the grub and wish him all the best I hope you kills it for you guys

Maybe that's the difference between Bulldogs and Tigers supporters we say thank you for your service, wish them the best and clap them onto the field whilst you guys boo your players onto the field. And insult them with childish signs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would think that position would be the least of your worries. The Bulldogs have always played through their forwards, don't they need more creative players? If I was recruiting I would be looking at Cooper Cronk. But, hey maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. Could you give me some insight here?
Still hurting about Woods brushing Tigers?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell Greg Eastwood thanks for the helping us win that game. You know he should really play in the halves for you guys. Probably an upgrade from Mbye. #ourgrubnow #premiers2018
Where you on the ladder?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We already have. But you can thank him personally when he's with the Tigers next year. I believe Aaron Woods is already fixing up his size in jerseys. :laughing:

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a great Kennel member said recently
We've got Wood lolol
If it wasn't for a lucky ricochet the game would have ended differently
#highlightoftigers2017yearbeatingthebulldogs

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teddy is too comfortable at the Tigers, but I'm not surprised he is considering a move to the Roosters.

He was never coming to the Dogs and it was never in his calculations.
So Des fooled the board...

Status
Not open for further replies.