Who will win the premiership?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’d never back against an inform turbo though. He won us that origin series imo. Same year I think to dally m.
He's never done it in the finals though.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Panthers probably can go 1 more but I agree with Chemdog, Manly are dark horses if they stay healthy and i also agree Brooks will make quite a difference and have a big year.
Sportsbet are offering the best odds of a few i checked and $20 to win the g.f isn't bad, their also not a bad top 4 bet @$4.20 gambling responsibly of course..
I could see them overtaking the likes of the Warriors and Knights who finished 4th and 5th last year as could the Cowboys or Rooters.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Panthers probably can go 1 more but I agree with Chemdog, Manly are dark horses if they stay healthy and i also agree Brooks will make quite a difference and have a big year.
Sportsbet are offering the best odds of a few i checked and $20 to win the g.f isn't bad, their also not a bad top 4 bet @$4.20 gambling responsibly of course..
I could see them overtaking the likes of the Warriors and Knights who finished 4th and 5th last year as could the Cowboys or Rooters.
The most pertinent point in your post is “gambling responsibly of course”.

Not because I’m anti gambling, although it is a problem for many.

Every club have their pros and cons. While Brooks seems to have settled into his new club well, it’s very early days and Turbo is one serious injury away from retirement IMO.

But more importantly any team with Jake Arthur and especially Sharon Woods in their roster aren’t Finals contenders.

They’re a very rough chance of scraping into the 8 but more likely to miss finals footy yet again.

I’d rather back us to make the 8 than Manly. Better odds and if they can gel together quickly enough, there’s enough talent and depth in our squad to at least make the 8.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Every club have their pros and cons. While Brooks seems to have settled into his new club well, it’s very early days and Turbo is one serious injury away from retirement IMO.

But more importantly any team with Jake Arthur and especially Sharon Woods in their roster aren’t Finals contenders.

They’re a very rough chance of scraping into the 8 but more likely to miss finals footy yet again.

I’d rather back us to make the 8 than Manly. Better odds and if they can gel together quickly enough, there’s enough talent and depth in our squad to at least make the 8.
We are 3 years from making the top 8.
Let that sink in for a moment....

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 4 teams can win the premiership.
Penrith
Brisbane
Roosters
Manly.
The SeaEagles are my smokies. Fastest backline in the comp and a decent pack.
On paper the Roosters look formidable but I doubt whether they will ever field their strongest lineup.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Only 4 teams can win the premiership.
Penrith
Brisbane
Roosters
Manly.
The SeaEagles are my smokies. Fastest backline in the comp and a decent pack.
On paper the Roosters look formidable but I doubt whether they will ever field their strongest lineup.
Take out the cocks and woManly and replace them with the Storm.

One of those 3 will win it.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must be something in the water or some on here are dreaming.

Manly to win the comp.

After one round they’re premiership material. OMG they’re coached by Seibold and have Woods on their roster.

This must be are you OK week.

I am now thanks for the laugh guys!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can’t go past panthers again they come good and clutch it when it counts.
They replace their losses easy
May in for critta not like for like but he seems to do enough to get the job done
Salmon wasn’t really a loss they have heaps of good backrowers.
They had sorrenson firing to replace Kikau
And guarantee they will have another gun unleashed to replace luai next year.
They’re on their own level

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters are my favourites, best middle third rotation in the comp with Collins, May, JWH and the racist lol. Cheese looks way better / fitter already add Teddy, Manu, Suaalii, Young and they have strike everywhere
I hate to say it, but I agree.They are going to be hard to beat

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Geez Rod I think this opinion is sillier than what you think mine is our halves wouldn't come within universes of DCE/Brooks for starters, add in a fit Turbo and their underrated 9 in Croker their panels in front of us brother hate to say it.

Now I do recall from Parra '22 discussions(LOL)you will want to argue this for one hundred posts but I'm not playing, kapiche? :tearsofjoy:

Depth I agree is an issue hence the stay healthy comment for most of their spine and I'll also give you winning it is quite a stretch but their a smokey top 4 chance IMO .. Trust me 8-)

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez Rod I think this opinion is sillier than what you think mine is our halves wouldn't come within universes of DCE/Brooks for starters, add in a fit Turbo and their underrated 9 in Croker their panels in front of us brother hate to say it.

Now I do recall from Parra '22 discussions(LOL)you will want to argue this for one hundred posts but I'm not playing, kapiche? :tearsofjoy:

Depth I agree is an issue hence the stay healthy comment for most of their spine and I'll also give you winning it is quite a stretch but their a smokey top 4 chance IMO .. Trust me 8-)
No worries, but if you're a betting man and I take it you are with Verry Elleegant as your avatar, then you can get on with me that Manly to win or even finish top 4 on Betfair.

At least we are building a solid foundation with depth, just have a look at our NSW Cup team. Papalii is getting very good reviews, Skelton, Perham, Xerri, BBO, Sexton, Liam Knight, Jake Turpin, Harrison Edwards and Patolo have all had first grade experience and that's imperative for any team in the NRL.

Yes, many of these may not make first grade this season but plenty will when needed. Conor Tracey has been called in for JAC this weekend.

That's one thing we have over Manly who have a strong squad on paper but any forthcoming injuries, which is highly likely as Turbo is a crock, then their depth will be under enormous pressure to perform. That and the fact that there are far better coaches in the NRL competition than Seibold.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not sure what you're on about re the Eels '22 discussions but I was proven right again when all I've stated they're not premiership contenders under Brad Arthur. A lot of players have left the club and while they have the nucleus of a very good team they also lack overall depth in their squad. Now they're a better chance than Manly to make the 8 but they're great against teams that they're above on the ladder but when they come up against quality opposition they continually fall short. Can you tell me when Eels last won a premiership? Clue it was in the '80's just after we won.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne are specials for mine, Starting to see some holes in the panthers and the cows where nearly beaten by a very ordinary Newcastle side at home. The Xavier coats try should have been awarded 8 points instead of four fucking mind blowing.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still early doors to fully gauge what's going on. Panthers are probably still favourite even with their two losses, but it's been much the same for them during their premiership run. Always come out of the blocks a little slow but once things gel, they get a roll on.

Storm look completely different this year and that's probably due to Papsmear being back in the team and adding that extra X Factor.

Manly on paper also have a good team but a lot hinges on Turbo and his ability to stay on the field. Same could be said about Eels too as both teams are only a few injuries away from being pretenders. May as well throw Roosters into this as well and with the noise around Manu too wouldn't be ideal.

As much as I dislike the Storm, I think they're definitely in the conversation.