Who will be our X-factor in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no real stand out X factor players unfortunately. But the strength will be great attitude and team work and back to playing wth instinct . Plenty of experience in that team if that counts for anything.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me any of our players could potentially be an x factor. They will all seem like keen rookies under dean pay.
So far Dean Pay seems to have stomped on the stat clip board. Our veterans will thrive playing rugby league again.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer will be more than just a bartering ram and tackle player. With his brother Woodsy playing beside him look for Klemmer to develop an offload or two into his game. I think the Bash Brothers will be our X Factor!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't call any of our players who have been in FG this season X factors simply because everyone knows them and has plans to negate whatever skills they have. Maybe someone like Carr or Tramontana might grow a leg and catch everyone off guard. Maybe even Martin or cleeland. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds though.
In my opinion an x factor is not an unknown, he is simply someone who can make things happen, regardless of what the opposition think he will do. Someone who cant be coached against.

For me the X Factor in our team depends on what position they play, or who is actually in the team.

If Mbye is played at fullback, i think he will have a season like Barba circa 2012. He could definitely be our X Factor.

If Cleeland is promoted to our starting side to partner Foran he could also be our X Factor. Lets hope he gets this chance!!

Last of all, I also think Foran is capable of being our X Factor if he can get everything together.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The biggest test for mbye at fb will be under the high ball and positional play

evo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I haven't seen a post with potential teams next year that has Jayden Okunbor in the list I have watched him play in the juniors and he has the potential to be another Sonny Bill or Idris a young, big kid with speed and strength. I think if he can crack first grade he could be a revelation.

Attachments

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen a post with potential teams next year that has Jayden Okunbor in the list I have watched him play in the juniors and he has the potential to be another Sonny Bill or Idris a young, big kid with speed and strength. I think if he can crack first grade he could be a revelation.
He is made of glass

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think with the spine we have now. Also the forward pack is not shackled. Any of the bulldogs players will be our X factor which makes it a repeat of 2012 [emoji854]

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Won't be near firstgrade for a while, needs to get through a lot of ISP first.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jamal Idris look, Chase Stanley body.

Plus he has trouble in defence.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If given a shot and put forwards are firing i can honestly see Cleeland being the one who creates something from nothing.
Mbye could be a real danger too.

But actual factor like the barba type, then we have none unfortunately

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know who's going to be our X factor but I know we have the P, A and Y factor :blush: How many fines do you think we'll end up paying because of the Dumb ass refs??? Let's not forget Pay did graduate from the school of Whining Ricky Stuart.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We honestly need a couple of things to go right. For a start i think if our ball distribution improves our forwards can be explosive again and whichever two halves we have playing will have more time to create. Secondly we need good kicking options to really get our backline fully effective. So I'm hoping that between #9 and our halves we have more happening. With Foran playing inside of J-Moz i think he could have a really strong season. Foran will draw defenders and pass at times whereas Mbye was always going to take one option (passing as quickly as he caught the ball) or the other (running without looking to pass unless he broke the line) which meant the defense was never in two minds about piling up on the mozzles or just taking Mbye because he was running.

And judging from what was on display last season Lee was pretty much able to create things with his footwork speed and unpredictability, but it was peppered with errors and some poor defensive options. So Lee has the potential to be an x-factor player. I don't get the chance to see thge lower grades but maybe someone from our juniors could deliver some X-factor too. I'll just have to wait and see.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor will be a star in 2 yrs..

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully Mybe at fullback.

I think Montoya could have a big year.

Lichaa could have a big year if he gets to play his natural game.

Also agree if the Moz boys can get early ball they could surprise a few people.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Terrible in d and hekka nanai feet for hands ,has along way to go

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest test for mbye at fb will be under the high ball and positional play
I don't have any concerns with him under the high ball. He's been a back all his life and taking kicks is something they do at practice all day. Positionally he might take a little time simply because he will have to get used to the opp kickers and where they tend to send the ball but again it shouldn't take him too long.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He can't tackle worth a shit. And defensively is worse than Lee which is scary because Lee is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.