Who will be our 2015 Fullback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mole- a new darkhorse has emerged.
Translation
The Bulldogs are playing things very close to their chest and i have no ****ing clue who they're chasing.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Haha I was going to say that sounds like an angry bronco, Templeman seems too small for a first grade fullback he needs to bulk up and play in reserve grades for a year or two while making appearances in the NRL
Agree, Templeman isnt ready. My money is still on that we dont buy a FB at all, and Morris or Inu will be FB. Maybe Perrett at a stretch, he has played FB and is a good finisher.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would much rather us not buy someone and waste money on duds and work with what we've got and wait for a top line player to become available ,i swear that an offseason getting fitter for fullback jmoz will kill it there

N

Natboy

I'd rather an established fullback, preferably someone tall with speed
I agree that I hope we don't waste money on someone for the sake of it

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather an established fullback, preferably someone tall with speed
I agree that I hope we don't waste money on someone for the sake of it
same,
why pay overs for someone when you can take a punt on an existing player, who knows what will happen, may be a junior will kill it in the off season and become the next big thing from nowhere,

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mole- a new darkhorse has emerged.
Translation
The Bulldogs are playing things very close to their chest and i have no ****ing clue who they're chasing.
I just love the vagueness in his statements. If he wants to be respected in the industry, he should put his reputation out there by naming names.

Instead he's far too busy creeping .... https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole/status/383604234685399040

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
The Mole is incredibly respected as a source of inside info. He's on the money about 95% of the time.

$50 says he's the first to break the news on our FB.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha I was going to say that sounds like an angry bronco, Templeman seems too small for a first grade fullback he needs to bulk up and play in reserve grades for a year or two while making appearances in the NRL
honestly if there was an opportunity to blood in a youngster it is now!

There is no quality fullback available in the market, Jmoz doesnt really want to play fullback (we will push him out if we make him play out of his favourite position), just throw in templeman , we might lose few games but this will get him some good first grade experience. On the job experience is always the best experience.

Still plenty of months before the season starts , he can bulk up work on his defence etc..... other teams have done it and most of times come out trumps

Just remember If Manly had gone after some big name after we poached Hodkinson no one would have known DCE. Same goes for Adam Reynolds with Rabbits.

Bulldogs need to start showing some faith in their junior halves and fullbacks.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
honestly if there was an opportunity to blood in a youngster it is now!

There is no quality fullback available in the market, Jmoz doesnt really want to play fullback (we will push him out if we make him play out of his favourite position), just throw in templeman , we might lose few games but this will get him some good first grade experience. On the job experience is always the best experience.

Still plenty of months before the season starts , he can bulk up work on his defence etc..... other teams have done it and most of times come out trumps

Just remember If Manly had gone after some big name after we poached Hodkinson no one would have known DCE. Same goes for Adam Reynolds with Rabbits.

Bulldogs need to start showing some faith in their junior halves and fullbacks.
Team is more important than the player champ.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
yep, but long term gain is more important than short term loss imo.
But that's based on an assumption that he'll be up to it. He did nothing in the GF qualifier yesterday when we needed him, which is an indication that he needs to play with the big boys who are more experienced in NSW Cup before he's ready for the transition into FG. He was brushed off easily about 3 or 4 times. I don't even remember him making an effective tackle, and he contributed very little to our attack when we scored 38 points.

We can't afford that liability under the assumption that he will be good for FG. Look at Nathan Massey. He was doing the same as Templeman in U20s. Where is he?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder who this dark horse, I really can't think of anyone else
I have been thinking this afternoon that if out new fullback is going to be a posible dark horse, a Union player is the most likely. The guy I am thinking of has had discipline issues with the wallabies and coach Ewan McKenzie surely will lose patience with him eventually and sack him.

My guess and that is all it is;-
James O'Connor.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I have been thinking this afternoon that if out new fullback is going to be a posible dark horse, a Union player is the most likely. The guy I am thinking of has had discipline issues with the wallabies and coach Ewan McKenzie surely will lose patience with him eventually and sack him.

James O'Connor.
Exactly what we need another egotistical little turd

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

James O'Connor.
Hope not soooo over rates

NelsonKanaan

New Pup
Reaction score
You guys watch.

Apparently Inu hasn't been getting along with Hasler. He was dropped against the knights in the finals. Watch him go back to eels....

Morris wont play fullback! (he is a centre only)

Bulldogs may chose Templeman, he is an absolute gun. He deserves a chance.
We may capture hopoate or locke.

I think we will sign o'conner from rugby. Will be a great asset to out team and will behave!!!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys watch.

Apparently Inu hasn't been getting along with Hasler. He was dropped against the knights in the finals. Watch him go back to eels....

I think we will sign o'conner from rugby. Will be a great asset to out team and will behave!!!
Ban the troll

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don't need to buy a Fullback, Morris or Perrett to fullback, Lafai to center problem solved, talent retained & a shit load of money not wasted - the end!
Seriously look what Storm do bringing in these unknown names and transforming them into top class players - retain the talent we have & blood new guys for back up...Stanley will be there if need be & Reni will bring experience & another dimension to the side a bit like SB$ in a way IMO, all good Barba is gone now so.............let's get on with it & stop thinking we need to spend a million dollars on a fullback to do any good in 2014, all we need is a guy there who wants to win just like the rest of the team.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You guys watch.

You need a mouth nappy for all the shit you dribble.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we can cope with Morris at the back for a season. We won't win a competition with him there though.

If we fail to lure anyone of note, then we should target the cream of the crop of fullbacks running around in NYC, QLD Cup etc.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think we can cope with Morris at the back for a season. We won't win a competition with him there though.

If we fail to lure anyone of note, then we should target the cream of the crop of fullbacks running around in NYC, QLD Cup etc.
We won't win only because of our #1, our spine is not that great. We haven't got a fullback, Reynolds is still rough, Hokko has no vision and Ennis is way past his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.