Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
sucking up at its best..

Dogs should give him an ultimatum to come next year or never, Im confident Des can pickup a better fullback in the space of 12 months should Hoffman not come in 2014. This is a perfect window of opportunity for Hoffman, I doubt Broncos will offer him another contract to play on the wing for 400k once his current deal expires. They should just release him so he can secure his future and play in the position he wants to play. Broncs are the stingiest club in the comp...
an ultimatum? He hasnt even said he wants to come to us. Even if he asks for a release it isnt a sure thing he will pick us to go to. If given that ultimatum he may very well just say "ok then" and we wont have a shot when he is off contract. Silly idea.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does Thaiday have early onset of dementia he's talking about Barba of 2012 but timelining his ability like it was last year! Any way broncos all I gotta say is Good luck in-house and Lock up your wives because leopards don't change their spots.

G

Grub

Hoffman is not the answer, barba at his best produced most of our scoring opportunities and was top try scorer last year.
this year barba was no where to be found and our attack bar Reynolds was non existent.
Our main problem this year and will be next year is our nine and seven, who are the 2 slowest and least attacking players in their positions.
I think we are hiding the real problems here.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hoffman is not the answer, barba at his best produced most of our scoring opportunities and was top try scorer last year.
this year barba was no where to be found and our attack bar Reynolds was non existent.
Our main problem this year and will be next year is our nine and seven, who are the 2 slowest and least attacking players in their positions.
ennis is one of the better hookers in the game. smith, farah, luke are clearly above him. though past that he is quality.

hodkinson is a middle tier halfback. best we have at present. if we can some how get foran or johnson happy days. though we can't all have dce/jt/cronk sadly.

i agree hoffman isn't the same star barba can be. though he sure would be an upgrade to our 2013 fullback and im sure if des has got our forwards firing, let's face it and be honest it is one of the best packs going around when on song (needs to be consistent like 2012) our backline with inu, morris, lafai, perrett and hopefully hoffman will do there job with reynolds and hodkinson.

G

Grub

ennis is one of the better hookers in the game. smith, farah, luke are clearly above him. though past that he is quality.

hodkinson is a middle tier halfback. best we have at present. if we can some how get foran or johnson happy days. though we can't all have dce/jt/cronk sadly.

i agree hoffman isn't the same star barba can be. though he sure would be an upgrade to our 2013 fullback and im sure if des has got our forwards firing, let's face it and be honest it is one of the best packs going around when on song (needs to be consistent like 2012) our backline with inu, morris, lafai, perrett and hopefully hoffman will do there job with reynolds and hodkinson.[/QUOTE

our pack I would rate the best or equal to any in the comp.
yet we can't take advantage of that and we lack the players in key positions to have the vision to utilise the go forward.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even with his lack of speed hodkinson would be ok if he could read a game better ,he had a pretty good year last year except in opposition 20 he looked clueless ,if he improves in this area with his first full off season in a while i feel well be a very competitive team

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even with his lack of speed hodkinson would be ok if he could read a game better ,he had a pretty good year last year except in opposition 20 he looked clueless ,if he improves in this area with his first full off season in a while i feel well be a very competitive team
Unfortunately that's where you need a halfback to be at their best and most creative.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
exactly what ceeess said.

that said if hodkinson can improve he is a reasonable option. as i said ennis, hodkinson, reynolds and hoffman should be a respectable and dangerous spine (if we can pick hoffman up) especially behind the great pack we have, the strong bench we have and backs like morris, inu, lafai and perrett are all quality finishers.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Hokk has had injury worries and whilst trying to cement his place recently became too wary of the wrath of des and didn't feel comfortable playing what was in front of him. once he gets the bikkies a couple of times I'm sure we'll see a different half out there.

Ennis on the other hand just lacks the vision of a modern hooker. his decisions in the opp 20 are completely bereft of any quality.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last seasons grand final number 9's: Jake Friend & Matt Ballin. Ennis is not our problem, our number 7, well that is one area i do see as a problem.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I would rather be told that he's not coming instead of having to wait for a decision. What's wrong with Inu......this guy can do amazing things especially at fullback.
What decision? There is no decision to be made, he isnt leaving Broncos before 2014 season is over, end of story.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehehe...I just like a quieter hooker :grinning: I rekon he defends well and has his moments, but sometimes it looks like he tries too hard.
Oh yeah he definitely does that at times but i blame this a lot on our halves and in particular trent for not creating enough opportunities. Ennis is passionate and certainly loves the doggies, that's good enough for me.

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh yeah he definitely does that at times but i blame this a lot on our halves and in particular trent for not creating enough opportunities. Ennis is passionate and certainly loves the doggies, that's good enough for me.
Yeah good point. I'm really hoping trent has a blinder, it's like he was nearly there at times this year. Fingers crossed mate fingers crossed.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its about time that someone had something decent to say,like it or not next year is going 2 be a long year.
Barba was our attack end of story he was our half back and our fullback.
Fair enough everyone hates him for what he's done but that's the reality.
Your kidding yourself if you think 2012 was a one off year for barba he was a freak of a player all through he's juniors..
Hodkinson just cant see the play you cant teach that,a half back is supposed to come up with plays when we are in the sh#t.
Hodkinson doesn't!! An off season is not going 2 change that.
Im sorry but that's my opinion..

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I was talking to orford on fri and he's convinced Hokk is too wary ATM from getting away from our structures instead of playing what's there. once he gets his confidence he'll be fine. he's had some time away from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.