Who still thinks we can win the comp this year?

Who still thinks we can win the comp this year?

• I do

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I dont

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Ozman

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ill just keep hoping what i thought would happen pre season happens and that is that our new halves combo will get better by the end of the season. If not we are stuffed, but too early to say they cant do it
Our halves are not a halves combo. Nothing will get better under this system, i mean Des doesn't even let them enter the middle third of the field ffs.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No question Origin has crippled our momentum each and every year with only Klemmer and possibly jackson being chosen this will set us up big time for the end of the year any major players get injured from other teams this will only help our cause remembering that origin on average has 5.8 major or serious injuries come out of it each year

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Week by week our chances are getting slimmer. The fact we couldn't overturn an 8 point lead against a team with a 1 man bench should tell you everything you need to know about our chances.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our halves are not a halves combo. Nothing will get better under this system, i mean Des doesn't even let them enter the middle third of the field ffs.
No question i used to think the halves especially Moses went missing reality is they must be confused as hell as to how to play and when to chime in considering how tolman got the ball 5 times on the 4th tackle and takes the tackle defy's belief at least one half should touch the ball 4/6 plays in the set its so confusing what strategy or plan hasler has for the short and longterm. One question do you think Lichaa's dummy half service is perpetuating the problem?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No question i used to think the halves especially Moses went missing reality is they must be confused as hell as to how to play and when to chime in considering how tolman got the ball 5 times on the 4th tackle and takes the tackle defy's belief at least one half should touch the ball 4/6 plays in the set its so confusing what strategy or plan hasler has for the short and longterm. One question do you think Lichaa's dummy half service is perpetuating the problem?
It is the shitty structures. We try to play around teams and not through them. Des wants the forwards playing through the middle third and try and compress the defence, then at the backend of sets he wants the halves the sweep around the edges and try and take advantage of the space. That is why we play so flat and never have players pushing up in support.

Our halves legit have no control over leading the side around the park, we just execute the structures we train for and play through the motions 99% of the time. Look at the way other teams halves play. They play through the middle third, they run with options around them and stay involved in the game. But not ours. Ours are fucking shafted out wide receiving shit ball from the forwards and are then left to run towards the corner post with limited options available. It is ridiculous and will never be good enough.

I made a comment about Milford at the broncos, he struggled early on in the halves and everyone was saying to move him back to fb. But Bennett said fuck it and let him play and develop into the role. Look at where he is now. Hunt was also a bloody bench utility or hooker for years, yet he has now turned into a top line halfback because they let him play to his strengths.

Now look what Des has done with Moses who plenty of former players and coaches rate as a potential star. Des shackles him and plays him out wide and stalls his development, he may aswel move him to the bloody centres if he wants to play him like that. We have a bloke that is potentially the fastest half in the game and has even manged to break 12 tackles in a single game. Why the fuck does Des not have him running through the middle third at slower bodies with options around him? Would having Moses running with say Kasiano running a good hard line as a option not be a million more times effective than what we have now? Wouldn't that put the defence under far more pressure? Im just so over this crap we aee week in week out.

I have no idea on Lichaa atm. He looked a different player when i saw him at cronulla and the the few times during the lower grades. He used to get the ball and hold it out in 2 hands and engage the markers. When he ran he would actually run and be a threat and not run backwards and look for support. He could also deliver a ball from the ground at a reasonable pace and i even saw him kick a few times. So either Des is just asking Lichaa to play a way that is simply not natural to him, and as such has lead to him second guessing himself and leading to errors. Or he simply is not good enough and just looked better through the lower grades.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our current form suggests we won't win it, as it has been pointed out its only early in the year and as previous years show a few teams will drop away, the current top 3 teams will be there in the top 4
They have good rosters and well coached.
I think we will improve our position by way off playing better and the Rp seasons effect on other teams as it looks like the first time in my many years of following the odds we have no players in the rep teams
That's great news.
All said and done I think 4 or 5 th spot will be our best result.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des has got to realise:

1) Williams has to go - no other way around this
2) Reynolds and Liccha are showing they are NSW cup material and nothing else. One is the slowest dummy half in the comp and the other a "5/8" who just got schooled in kicking in general play by a robust centre from the Eels
3) Williams has to go - no other way around this
4) we desperately need BMoz back. Hoppa (who can't play Sunday's anyway) as good as he's been was a real concern with his defense lst Friday. He looks injured, maybe these 3 weeks will do him good, a "blessing in diguise" - pun intended
5) Williams has to go.....
6) our forwards need to tuck the ball and the arm and run hard
7) Williams....

We stuffed up keeping Reynolds over Hodkinson. M'Bye is a keeper, but he's a 5/8 or fullback - that's all

I can't believe we let Finucane and Pritchard leave and kept that hack Williams, I just can not believe it
Have you thought aboutvwhat should happen with Williams ?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just want to know what ozman @Özil thinks of this poll?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our current form suggests we won't win it, as it has been pointed out its only early in the year and as previous years show a few teams will drop away, the current top 3 teams will be there in the top 4
They have good rosters and well coached.
I think we will improve our position by way off playing better and the Rp seasons effect on other teams as it looks like the first time in my many years of following the odds we have no players in the rep teams
That's great news.
All said and done I think 4 or 5 th spot will be our best result.
That generous, 6th place is the best position we can get unless Parra get booted out. Cowboys,Broncos,Sharks,Storm and Parra are way more consistent then we are.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All things aside including our boring way of playing I predict we will be there in October and will beat Cowboys and Broncos in upcoming encounters GO THE DOGGIES

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Terry Lamb as the new Bullfrog anything is possible, Castle is just keeping the chair warm.
I want ex player involvement.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hell no!

Top 8 finish thats it

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the referees will never let us win a comp. we have won 1 penalty count this season in 9 games. we are playing bad and the penalties we concede are warranted but we never get the 50/50 calls all our tries are scrutinized by the bunker and where we get penalized for holding down and offside the opposition will do exactly the same thing and the referees never blow their whistles. Also in nearly all games this season referees always award 2 or 3 back to back penalties to assist the opposition when they are struggling. Last Fridays game against the eels did it for me. Rona's disallowed 2nd try clearly touched the white line, the brother of Gerrard Sutton, Bernard Sutton in the bunker made the comment that there was no evidence to overturn the on field decision but the replay clearly showed the ball scraped the white line and was not awarded. The 2 blatant forward passes in the eels try before half time when the touch judge was clearly in line with both passes is clear evidence that all the NRL referees are bias and corrupt towards the bulldogs and have been for at least the last few seasons and I can tell you it won't change anytime soon
So true, Maxwell, Sutton and Klein have a special soft spot for whichever team is playing the Bulldogs. They never fail to shaft us at just the right time to kill our momentum and morale. The Parra try with two forward passes typifies this problem. It won't change. The club needs to focus on what it can change, that is . . . game plan, discipline, errors and defensive mistakes. The fact that Tony Williams never gets dropped sends a clear message to the team: "It doesn't matter how bad you play, you will never be dropped". It also sends a clear message to the NSW Cup team "it doesn't matter how well you play, you will never be promoted". The team's inability to use variety and skill when attacking is killing us because we make the metres to get into the attacking zone and then either waste the opportunity or meekly surrender on the last tackle.

If the club management don't get on to the coach soon about our style of footy then we are doomed to either miss the top eight or drop out in the first week of the finals, which is just not good enough considering the player roster.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The real question is can we beat west tigers next?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still do.

9 rounds doesn't make a season.

After 9 rounds of the A League, wasn't Adelaide pretty much coming last?

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we want to go anywhere in the next few years

Eastwood- Has been shit for a few years now can't remember the last time he cracked 100m in a game
Whilst being one of our best defenders he just doesn't get the ball often enough and that maybe because Tolman and Graham are ball hogs
Still burning we let go of Finucane to keep Eastwood, Finucane is getting better every year whilst eastwood made 4 runs against Parra
Tolman-
Tolman and graham are too similiar
Tolman is slightly better in defense whilst Graham is better with the pill
Saying that Graham needs to not touch the ball at first receiver in the attacking 20
Browne- He is a decent player but lets be honest and compare him to say kenny edwards or danny wicks at parra, he isn't anywhere near as powerful
Both Parrots/Perretts- Sam is having a good year but seriously like Trex a good game here and there isn't good enough, we should have signed gutherson
Trex- we all agree here so not going to bother but say that his missed tackle on Norman was disgusting for a fresh 120kg forward on the field to concede such a soft try was a joke

All need to go

Cleal
Egan

Can both go as well as I never see Egan doing shit other than run drills that Hasler should be doing and Cleal is just shit at recruitment really

1.bmoz/hoppa
2.hoppa/bmoz
3.jmoz
4.holland
5.rona
6. reynolds had a shit game against parra but otherwise has been good but not great
7.mbye if his form gets to scratch otherwise I don't know why we are paying this guy even $5 at this stage
8.klemmer
9.lichaa/garvey to fight it out
10. graham
11.jackson really needs to up his involvement with the ball in hand/ not exactly busting tackles or breaking the line anymore
12.RFM I understand he is mostly a right side player I hope he can make the switch to the left ok
13.kasiano cut out the silly penalties and errors and should be sweet/ makes a difference when he comes on

14. elliot/ Recruit?
15. fualolo/to omaga/ decent impact forward recruit?
16.?
17. ?

Targets to recruit
Cullen from the titans is a good player
Williams from the Raiders is underatted
Norman is probably wishful thinking but hopefully

A good lock/backrower that has IMPACT
not a bloody jackson or tolman clone that will just make tackles

Graham & klemmer to play 50-60 mins to give bench 20-30 min stints

Status
Not open for further replies.