Who replaces Foran if you were Pay? Why?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Jesse Sue to 5/8....you heard it here first, folks.

The Cog-meister will play....obviously.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He only had his first game of the season on Sunday so he is still a few weeks off at the very least.
True but is he capable of nabbing a bench spot in place of Lichaa once he's match fit?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep Cogger in for Foran, thankfully he had some experience at Newcastle. It is so disappointing though, Foran literally had his best game for the dogs and looked to be getting back in his best form and then this. argh! credit to him though he toughed out the rest of the game to get us the win got to admire that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True but is he capable of nabbing a bench spot in place of Lichaa once he's match fit?
For sure but he is on Pay's shit list so he will really have to hit form to force his way into the team.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Cogger comes in and we shut Foran down for the season. No point in playing the $1m man made of glass in our last 10 games, by which time we will almost certainly be out of the hunt for the 8. Only reason i'd bring Foran back is if we are in a close battle for the spoon.

I got no doubt cogger will play well. The only thing that worries me is the defence. Foran raley missed one on one.
Cogger is a very good defender for a 7. Reminds me of Hodkinson. Not the most dynamic runner of the ball, but a good organiser and a very willing defender. Will very often make the tackle off his own kick.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cogger comes in and we shut Foran down for the season. No point in playing the $1m man made of glass in our last 10 games, by which time we will almost certainly be out of the hunt for the 8. Only reason i'd bring Foran back is if we are in a close battle for the spoon.

Cogger is a very good defender for a 7. Reminds me of Hodkinson. Not the most dynamic runner of the ball, but a good organiser and a very willing defender. Will very often make the tackle off his own kick.
Last time we had a HB who would make the first tackle off his kick was Kimmorley.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cogger Lol, because that’s the only correct choice! And I see he will be and good luck too him. All the young guys will have to put in an epic performance to keep Storm at bay.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger, no pressure son, no pressure at all...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would prefer to leave CHN in his preferred position like last week..

Time to draw straws between:
Cogger or JMK to partner Lewis..

I can see the merit in trying both though till Forans back.. same as how Bellamy gave different halves a go last year..
If you are moving jmk who’s playing hooker...and don’t say lichaa

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger was bought to play half. Why would you play anybody else ?
Fair enough but going in against Melbourne down there with an equally inexperienced halves partner can make or break him. If the experienced Foran was partnering him like Pearce did last year I'd say OK but this could be a confidence breaker if it goes pear shaped and he has a shocker.

He was bought as a half yes but not under these circumstances with such limited NRL experience up against the guns of Melbourne. Anyway I hope he has a blinder and it be the beginning of good things to come.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok so we have to live without Foran for a period of time.

Your Dean Pay, who fills Forans' shoes this week?

If Cogger is not ready I say we have to take a gamble. Now, we need to be defensively good to beat the Storm but also need a ball player to fill 5/8 (Lewis to half). I'm throwing CHN in at 5/8 and bring back RFM (hopefully he has woken up since being dropped).

JMK has to kick from dummy half to take pressure off Lewis which he is capable of doing.

We can't think conservatively if we are a chance of beating the Storm.
I thought your title said who replaces Foran if you were gay lol. Sorry my dyslexia is in full motion

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cogger replaced him

Close thread lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough but going in against Melbourne down there with an equally inexperienced halves partner can make or break him. If the experienced Foran was partnering him like Pearce did last year I'd say OK but this could be a confidence breaker if it goes pear shaped and he has a shocker.

He was bought as a half yes but not under these circumstances with such limited NRL experience up against the guns of Melbourne. Anyway I hope he has a blinder and it be the beginning of good things to come.
its ok , he copped a fair few floggings in the newcastle first grade side, im sure he will shrug it off..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually think Cogger and Lewis will be a good pairing so long as the forwards do their job. People have judged Cogger playing behind a shitty Knights pack but he's looking pretty sharp this year