Opinion Who is ultimately to blame for the current state the club is in?

Who is ultimately to blame for the current state the club is in?

• Total voters

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No mate you don’t miss much and you don’t need your guns loaded.
I know the quote and the author, I was trying to work out the context in which you meant animal or child - whether it was you or our roster you meant the front office. All good, I think this gag ship has sailed, though the wind has died to a dead calm :-).
Nah, I actually thought I was having a blonde moment (even though I am a chrome dome..). My point was even the right person for the job would be apprehensive about what they are getting into. A peace maker is needed, to get rid of all the bullshit bickering and factional crap as its never going to help us while it is status quo.

The current team have spent far too much time telling us who is to blame and nowhere near enough effort fixing the problem, and the opposed are in denial of the cause and are white anters without an alternative. Its a dysfunctional company at the moment and as I mentioned in another post needs a couple of key changes in both board and roles. The important thing is having the right leader to be that peacemaker..

P.S I didn't actually think I was going to swear at you Dinkum:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, I actually thought I was having a blonde moment (even though I am a chrome dome..).
I don't buy it. The Baz don't go Blonde...
My point was even the right person for the job would be apprehensive about what they are getting into. A peace maker is needed, to get rid of all the bullshit bickering and factional crap as its never going to help us while it is status quo.
I don't think a peacemaker is the answer - I think getting rid of some of the furniture is.
The current team have spent far too much time telling us who is to blame and nowhere near enough effort fixing the problem.
Have they? I haven't heard them say a peep about the past since May 2018. All the time since has been about fixing. Would be great if that were possible overnight. At least the cap is back in order for 2021 as they said it would be. Now it's a matter of who we buy for 2021 and 2022 now that money isn't a problem. The issue with 2021 is availability. Some posters said we should've sorted that out last November but that fact is very few clubs did that. Every club has roster spots open because they need flexibility for injury, disgruntlement etc. I think it's a rule the NRL needs to change because so much can change when considering recruitment more than a year before they can come to the club.
the opposed are in denial of the cause and are white anters without an alternative.
No question about that. Hence leaving some of the furniture out by the kerb on Bridge Road for the next CB Council pickup.
Its a dysfunctional company at the moment and as I mentioned in another post needs a couple of key changes in both board and roles.
Maybe some furniture adjustment at Edison Lane will become necessary too. We'll see.
P.S I didn't actually think I was going to swear at you Dinkum:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.
You're losing your touch Baz :-).

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It pisses me off thinking of all the players we were forced to lose due to back ended contracts and salary cap mismanagement but it’s the total disregard for our junior development that’s truly fucked us.
Unfortunately for those who want overnight success that takes years to fix
That's rubbish. Blatant mismanagement is the reason we lost Klemmer, Morris boys, woods, mbye, suli amongst others. Talent identification is clearly an issue with the past coach and current administration. Board needs to fuk off they've fucked this club

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't buy it. The Baz don't go Blonde...
Pamela Anderson, Kylie, Sophie Monk, Margo Robbie...? Yeah Baz can go blonde... :tonguewink:

I don't think a peacemaker is the answer - I think getting rid of some of the furniture is.
Yes and no. There will be changes, but at the moment it doesn't feel like we are being led.

Have they? I haven't heard them say a peep about the past since May 2018. All the time since has been about fixing. Would be great if that were possible overnight. At least the cap is back in order for 2021 as they said it would be. Now it's a matter of who we buy for 2021 and 2022 now that money isn't a problem. The issue with 2021 is availability. Some posters said we should've sorted that out last November but that fact is very few clubs did that. Every club has roster spots open because they need flexibility for injury, disgruntlement etc. I think it's a rule the NRL needs to change because so much can change when considering recruitment more than a year before they can come to the club.
I get why you say this mate, but I dont agree. There have been plenty of big name players that have re-signed or shifted to other clubs and yet so far we have only signed Cotric (a winger to play centre again) Thompson who hopefully was signed as a edge running forward and not as a ball playing front rower and Green (insert vomit). And please dont mention CHN, DWZ or padding like Stimson or Britt.

The time frame gold posts have shifted again from being competitive and spending cap for a revival year in 21, to 22 is now the target year..
As for not hearing a peep I suppose thats right and wrong as we only get fluff articles or regurgitation of the cap mess.

You know, I know, we all know even the Dib Denialist know there was a huge fucking mess. But FFS get on with the job, because so far they have not done anywhere near enough. The jury is still out on whether its because of circumstance ( the fact we are losing, Covid, the many poor media issues and club discipline problems footy team and front office or whether its all Nasheeds fault.

You're losing your touch Baz :-).
Nah, I just need glasses these days:-)

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dib-saster also appointed Pay which set us back another 2 years. Not only did he give Hasler full control but he sacked him & signed the inexperienced Pay to take on a rebuild. That is criminal mismanagement.

The current board now have to get top quality coaching staff around Barrett.

I am not a fan of Lynne at all but you need to understand that once there is bad decision after bad decision the club gets put in a hole. It's very hard to get out of. We've had dud-cruitment from 2015 on wards.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's rubbish. Blatant mismanagement is the reason we lost Klemmer, Morris boys, woods, mbye, suli amongst others. Talent identification is clearly an issue with the past coach and current administration. Board needs to fuk off they've fucked this club
Rubbish how? Do you not believe we had to shed players to be salary cap compliant?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
20 players by my count have left the top 30 since start of 2018
Thats alot of turnover/promotion. They are solely to blame regardless of our cap issues

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
instead of dwelling on the past,

I pose another question

Is Lynne Anderson and her cronies best suited to resolve the issues with Bulldogs

P.S Can I asked that her cheer squad not prematurely ejaculate in your response

Thankyou and regards
TK
Simple answer: I don't know.

I think they have done some good things and they have done some dumb sh!t.

At the end of the day, when they were elected they said that nothing would improve until then salary cap is fixed.

This is the last year of salary cap sh!t.

If we fail next year then they deserve to be voted out (just not for Dib and his cronies). I believe the election is Feb 2022.

If they actually succeed then Happy Days.

Everything hangs on next year.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of that list has at some point or another fucked this once great club

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its my fault. Sorry.
I hope now everyone can stop blaming everyone else and look to the future.
I farken hate the blame game

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Rubbish how? Do you not believe we had to shed players to be salary cap compliant?
No I dont. They should have paid min wage to every player outside the top 15 or so players. That's how you get success out of the cap. If we had of been winning games those players that left would have stayed for less.

A

Alexander the Great

Still can get over nasheed being thrown in with the biggest names in our club. This place has gone mad just like our club.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
instead of dwelling on the past,

I pose another question

Is Lynne Anderson and her cronies best suited to resolve the issues with Bulldogs

P.S Can I asked that her cheer squad not prematurely ejaculate in your response

Thankyou and regards
TK
I dont believe so. Not in the current form anyway. Whether we need a change in some of the directors or CEO or Chairman im not sure. Culture starts at the front office and clearly things aren't working.

This crew had a shit fight to clean up however have only just recently had some wins with Laundy coming in as a sponser and changing the coaching staff. Also cap seems ready to go.

Personally i think 2 or 3 of the board need to go. Barrett needs to have us competing to make the eight not competing to avoid the spoon. If this is achieved then i give them a pass . Another year in 2021 like the last few then its a fail.

Our club is at rock bottom atm and has been for the last 3-4 yrs. Real change takes time , culture takes time, jr development takes time. All clubs have cycles ours is now. If we won in 2012 - 2014 no one would care, but we didn't and back ending contracts to try and get a comp in that window fucked the club severely. It was a gamble that they took with poor results long term.

This is the outcome.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No I dont. They should have paid min wage to every player outside the top 15 or so players. That's how you get success out of the cap. If we had of been winning games those players that left would have stayed for less.
Wow ok. Well that’s what happened. I don’t think players under contract would drop hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and stayed if we were winning games or not.
We would’ve been over the salary cap by literally millions if we didn’t move those players on

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dib and Greenberg gave the keys to Hasler, issues were caused there. The people who promised to fix it haven't done a very good job to date. In short most involved over the last 10 years bear some responsibility.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pamela Anderson, Kylie, Sophie Monk, Margo Robbie...? Yeah Baz can go blonde... :tonguewink:
They're only human Baz :-).
I dont agree. we have only signed Cotric (a winger to play centre again) Thompson who hopefully was signed as a edge running forward and not as a ball playing front rower and Green (insert vomit). And please dont mention CHN, DWZ or padding like Stimson or Britt.
And 'incompetence' is the reason? I don't buy it.
The time frame gold posts have shifted again from being competitive and spending cap for a revival year in 21, to 22 is now the target year..
I don't agree. Still 7 spots for 2021 - there will be announcements before pre-season.
The team lining up for Round 1 2021 will look quite different to Round 1 2020.
But FFS get on with the job, because so far they have not done anywhere near enough.
Who says they're not mate - because there's no running commentary and there's media sensationalism?
Or because the master/servant relationship with the League club may have shifted with the Laundy's and Mounties?
or whether its all Nasheeds fault.
#NoNeedForNasheed

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And 'incompetence' is the reason? I don't buy it.
They are your words mate, not mine. Should it matter if its incompetence, lack of ability, lack of urgency, wrong people in charge of recruitment, our poor image, the fact everyone knows we have money, or we just lucked out?? Accountability comes with the job mate and facts are we have not recruited as well as some even though we have a proud history and a bag of money. I did not want to see some of the big names (like Lattrel) that have come and gone as being available, but we didn't nab any of them..

Who says they're not mate - because there's no running commentary and there's media sensationalism?
Or because the master/servant relationship with the League club may have shifted with the Laundy's and Mounties?
Sorry mate, its too simplistic to say "no running commentary" there is nothing but fluff, and there is way to much negative media that we have not taken on properly as an organization. It is a vital issue that must be addressed moving forward regardless of who is in charge. The club needs to invest heavily in the media dept as it is vital in addressing issues and also communicating the correct message to all.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Love the Nashweed inclusion.
He's the new ozman. For those not here long enough to remember him, he used to be an option on most polls.