• Total voters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I still remember us getting Cucked by this by one of the morris I think/ they always stop the game and for some reason player on before he got in position and they scored there. We did our nut and got an apology lol. Woopie!

Dirty *****.
Josh Jackson v Souths. Worst refereeing !!!!
I have a foggy memory of it although I do remember everyone complaining about it on here. I think it was Jackson and he was defending at centre due to injuries?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JAC as captain can be a time wasting tactic. Slow jog to the middle to talk to the ref, slow jog back to the wing to get into position. Gus can flog the refs in the media if they restart play before he's back in position and they won't do it again.
Ideally you want to have a captain who can stay in the ref's ear during play

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I have a foggy memory of it although I do remember everyone complaining about it on here. I think it was Jackson and he was defending at centre due to injuries?
That’s it! Faaark

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess-

Unless we sign an established captain from another club in the off season out of the blue (for e.g DCE or similar)

IMO It will only come from the following and could actually include all 3.

Perhaps like this -

Foxx (C)
Burton (VC)
Mahoney (VC)

Or less likely, they are all named Co Captains.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who wants a side bet they go with Waddell?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ideally you want to have a captain who can stay in the ref's ear during play
I agree but there's just no real standout options for us right now looking in from the outside. The captaincy is pretty much a free pass to talk to ref all game and I don't think Jackson ever really took full advantage of that so it's definitely something we need to prioritise for next season.

Anyway I'm backing a King/JAC combo. King appears to be well liked within the squad, looks to have his head screwed on and I feel he'd be great with the refs. I did have Mahoney penciled in as soon as we signed him but I never thought Jackson would call it quits so soon.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't really think of Thommo initially, I'd be sounding him out on the quiet, Gus and CC(who needs a Nickname btw, anyone?)subtly letting him know he is well in the mix then see how he attacks pre season with this knowledge.Could be the making of him in 23 and maybe beyond with a good year performance wise.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JJs sudden retirement has left us with no logical captain or anyone for the club to utilise the veteran player allowance.
Interesting to see if the club's next signing might be a veteran player to cover both of these tasks.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was even worse. The ref called Jackson over to chat him about repeat infringements by the team and then played on when he was less than halfway back to position. One of the worst I have seen. The apology was really nice though [emoji849]

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
JAC only an option if he moves to fb imo. Wingers aren't in a great position to captain, unable to communicate with half the team on the other side. Can't have him out of position all the time.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC only an option if he moves to fb imo. Wingers aren't in a great position to captain, unable to communicate with half the team on the other side. Can't have him out of position all the time.
Hmm using this theort knockondumdum would be perfect winger captain. The fuckers never in position anyway

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JJ was a great club player. But he was an uninspiring captain. I prefer forward captains, and would go for Luke Thompson.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can’t see Thompson as captain unless there’s been talks to extend which would be at less than half his current wage.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton is the logical choice, could be captain for the next 10 years, due for a contract upgrade and can lock him in long term.
He may still be learning his craft and the extra pressure of the captaincy may impact on this in the short term, but the long term benefits will be worth it.
Then JAC and Kikau as vice captains

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all have our thoughts on who we want as captain but the Bulldogs way is not to necessarily appoint the best player/s but a very good player who has the respect of not only his own team mates but most people he deals with. There are a few candidates but I reckon the brains trust will land on RFM with maybe a leadership group of Addo-Carr, Burton, Kikau, Mahoney etc. RFM is highly respected within the club and outside with his community involvement, I believe he will handle the responsibility with ease and be another great Club captain.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It was even worse. The ref called Jackson over to chat him about repeat infringements by the team and then played on when he was less than halfway back to position. One of the worst I have seen. The apology was really nice though [emoji849]
Yh I vividly remember it now that we've talked about it.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is the logical choice, could be captain for the next 10 years, due for a contract upgrade and can lock him in long term.
He may still be learning his craft and the extra pressure of the captaincy may impact on this in the short term, but the long term benefits will be worth it.
Then JAC and Kikau as vice captains
Burton is the logical choice if that is the key to signing him long term. He is far from a captain though. At this stage of his career he needs to just learn his craft. A captain needs to talk a captain needs lead the team. Burton plays a very individual game.

Might be from left field would be going with Max King as captain.