Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If the team performs well finishing in the top half then Burton, King or Kikau. If they finish bottom half then Curran, Xerri or Kiraz. Any of Hughes, Patolo, Morrin or Edwards to have a break out year and earn a top 30 deal for season 25 ,26 at least.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Critta and Burton to establish a great combo

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Mahoney steps up the whole team will.
Mahoney is a real asset attacking wise to have if our middle men work for him in defense. Also hope Burtons and sexton demand ball instead of Mahoney having to overplay his hand.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Critta and Burton to establish a great combo
There is a good chance they will play on opposite sides of the field. But if Crichton plays fb, then those 2 could be red hot

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahoney is a real asset attacking wise to have if our middle men work for him in defense. Also hope Burtons and sexton demand ball instead of Mahoney having to overplay his hand.
It is a young halves combo, I thinks they will have the confidence to call and override calls this year

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is a young halves combo, I thinks they will have the confidence to call and override calls this year
Sexton nailing the basics will be a breathe of fresh compared to Flannagan killing momentum at any chance. Some assertiveness from Burton is what I want to see tbf from the day he walked in the side/coaching set up has been unstable this off season will do him a world of good. People forget Burton is young in a side being drubbed by 30+ no room for progression when its survival footy.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sexton nailing the basics will be a breathe of fresh compared to Flannagan killing momentum at any chance. Some assertiveness from Burton is what I want to see tbf from the day he walked in the side/coaching set up has been unstable this off season will do him a world of good. People forget Burton is young in a side being drubbed by 30+ no room for progression when its survival footy.
Sexton showed me enough to say he can be our 7, He is only young. I think we are better off using Burtons proven strengths and that would be as a centre. Tracey would provide toughness at fb and do the tough carries from there too. Only my opinion. That is why I'm bursting to see who plays where in the trials . . . 5 weeks today stuff will be revealed

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sexton showed me enough to say he can be our 7, He is only young. I think we are better off using Burtons proven strengths and that would be as a centre. Tracey would provide toughness at fb and do the tough carries from there too. Only my opinion. That is why I'm bursting to see who plays where in the trials . . . 5 weeks today stuff will be revealed
Tracey will be an asset if he can stay fit the few times I tuned in to a sharks game he was relentless looking foward to seeing him in our colours. Will be a shock to see Burton shifted to centre though Hutchinson would be a better link realistically he is the best the club has to offer in the halves. Mind games would be huge I don’t think Ciraldo would risk it despite his poor form at the latter end of last season he didn’t budge.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tracey will be an asset if he can stay fit the few times I tuned in to a sharks game he was relentless looking foward to seeing him in our colours. Will be a shock to see Burton shifted to centre though Hutchinson would be a better link realistically he is the best the club has to offer in the halves. Mind games would be huge I don’t think Ciraldo would risk it despite his poor form at the latter end of last season he didn’t budge.
Last year we didn't really have the options to put Burton at centre . . .This year we have no excuse not to play him there.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it is like comparing chalk and cheese because they both play completely different roles. Salmon ain't there to eat metres and he is not going to help us build any sort of momentum around the ruck.

Waddell conceded very few penalties last year and made very few errors. He fixed his discipline, which was the biggest problem in his game. He was by far our best and most consistent metre eater all year...one of only a handful of blokes who consistently played well, and you guys thank him for his service by bagging him incessantly.

Waddell was never a player who didn't put in effort. The effort was always there, it is the discipline that was lacking, and I think it is pretty poor of people to suggest his improvement this year was all down to him trying to earn a contract. If he had been lazy in previous years, I could understand it.

As for Salmon....if the roles were reversed and Waddell had been playing at Penrith the past few years and Salmon had been playing here, you'd all be praising Waddell and saying how glad you are to be rid of Salmon. I don't think you guys have any real grasp of how beneficial playing under a system like Penrith's is to a player and how detrimental playing for a struggling club with poor systems can be.

Waddell will build on his momentum from last year and have another very strong season in 2024.
I could have typed all that out for you because I know your version of the story off by heart, did you copy paste ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I could have typed all that out for you because I know your version of the story off by heart, did you copy paste ?
Why would my opinion change? And why would you directly challenge my opinion by replying to me if you are sick of reading it and didn't want me to reiterate it? A bit counter intuitive, la familiar.