Opinion Where would you expect the Doggies to be at half way mark in 2022 poll

Where will dogs be on NRL at half way mark of 2022?

• Top 4

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • 5-8

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • 9-12

Votes: 76 52.1%
  • 13-16

Votes: 31 21.2%

• Total voters

berryboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Need another good spine player if we miraculously got Smith can challenge around the 8 even make it, do not know wtf we are going to do to support Burto in the halves it is a worry.
9-12 as it sits now.
Burton definitely will need someone good next to him in the halves, or else, like Foran, will destroy himself physically trying to carry a huge load

Snackdoogie

Waterboy
Reaction score
What do I see? Well firstly consistency in the squad and not chopping and changing weekly. Hopefully our suspension toll reduces and honestly we will probably be floating around 9-12 (This is being optimistic). Gus wielding the axe on anybody who does not want to be there or is deemed deadweight. So I also hope there may be some releases throughout the start and middle of year.

I've said it before unless Matt Burton shocks the world and can organise a team like an all-star calibre player we will see baby steps of progression. We need somebody to really support him in the halves who can hold their own and create a combination with him. We need to come out of our sets up the field strongly... So this goes back to a point I had made on another post about the importance of our dummy half speed.

Hold your horses because if we dont improve much the Barrett OUT posts are coming.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Absolutely, been saying same thing, our forwards are not good enough and won’t matter who is in back line
U need 6 front Rowers
2 playing
2 injured
2 suspended

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have us finishing 13th and I can't say with a straight face we'll be better than anyone except the Cowboys (and I'm pretty sure we're still going to be favourites for the wooden spoon). I think we'll be on par with the basket case Tigers (we're currently 1 of the worst teams of all time). IF we can sort out the hooker position and possibly halfback position before the start of next season I'd be more realistic.
Said the exact same thing the other day. To finish in the top 8, there has to be 8 teams that you're better than. Even with our signings, can we honestly say we will be better than 8 other teams next year? The only teams who I can see us MAYBE finishing above of are Cowboys, Tigers, Warriors and Dragons. Everyone else has a better roster and/or coach.