What to do with Eastwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair he tackled Wighton in the play before they scored their second try. No-one else in the team was there. He did a few pretty strong hit ups as well. The truth is he played OK but comparatively weaker than the others and I think the best for him at this stage is a bench spot. We look stronger with young Elliott offering plenty of minutes and energy.
lololololol yeah after they ran right round him 70m downfield the play before to get all the way down there....then tackled Wighton then was that fucked or lazy he stood there and watched them run past him to score

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was the reason Canberra got down there.
Like someone else said
He got run around like a fat retarded kid

He knew he fucked up and had the energy to get back to try and rectify the fuck up that led to Canberra getting down there

Let's not make him out to be the hero for that tackle

Truth is, his initial laziness led to that Canberra try

His brain snap last week eventually destroyed any chance of us winning the game

He is past his best
Rapidly got worse last year

And that trend has continued into this season

It's time for him to go.
No he didn't. The problem was that Tolman didn't/couldn't move in to block the hole. Cotric just burnt all four of them for speed. The fact that after being burnt he kept going, put a shot on Wighton speaks to his ticker. Not saying he isn't getting near the end and his speed is going but on that occasion he had a dig. As for the brain snap as you call it, the kick came off the outside of his boot. I'm sure had he kicked it as intended it would've gone to the corner and Montoya was better than evens to win the race to the ball.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
No he didn't. The problem was that Tolman didn't/couldn't move in to block the hole. Cotric just burnt all four of them for speed. The fact that after being burnt he kept going, put a shot on Wighton speaks to his ticker. Not saying he isn't getting near the end and his speed is going but on that occasion he had a dig. As for the brain snap as you call it, the kick came off the outside of his boot. I'm sure had he kicked it as intended it would've gone to the corner and Montoya was better than evens to win the race to the ball.
mate it was the 3rd tackle when he put that kick in with the scores locked up an 5 mins left in the game........the fat **** shouldn't have kicked it at all full stop

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
mate it was the 3rd tackle when he put that kick in with the scores locked up an 5 mins left in the game........the fat **** shouldn't have kicked it at all full stop
I accept that given it didn't work but if on one hand we bag the team for being too structured and not playing what's in front of them and on the other bag them when they do there isn't much wriggle room. Ultimately the play failed and he has to cop the knock for that but I don't think he needs to be shot at dawn for it. His best days are behind him although I'm sure he will play a few more good games before he's finished. It just seems as though they may have to be off the bench....

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would love to swap Eastwood for Taukeiaho from the roosters.. but uncle nick would laugh at us.. he's a solid lock and goal kicker too.
The guy is the hardest tackler in the game hands down. He doesnt wrap people up, he smashes them to the ground. Eastwood used to be like that but his weight and fitness made him a tellytubbie these days.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The guy is the hardest tackler in the game hands down. He doesnt wrap people up, he smashes them to the ground. Eastwood used to be like that but his weight and fitness made him a tellytubbie these days.
I know was one of my favs couple years ago, would cut blokes in half.. even had a sneaky step at the line.. unfortunately for whatever reason we don't see enough of it anymore.. time to move him on

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eastwood was very good last year.

this year he has put on shit loads of weight and that is his problem.
He has never looked like a footy player and has always seemed to be carrying a bit of a belly.

I like him and he has given us some good consistent years of service but of late he seems to have reached his use by date. I was sad when he left us the first time in 2009 and was quite happy when he came back to us in 2011. Honestly, although he tries hard his impact has been negligible this year particularly in hit ups and metres gained. Last night ;27 mins played 6 runs for 64 metres ( less than his season average of the previous 8 games of 67.5 metres per game) 13 tackle one miss. Last year in 18 games played he averaged 84.5 metres per game.

Having just re-signed him if we were considering moving him (or any other one on )we would need to find a club willing to pay a fair chunk of his contract otherwise we will be paying for him to our detriment for the next three years. Pretty sad to be looking at going down this road but it looks like for the first time in the history of Hasler's tenure at the Dogs decisions are being made with a purpose to improving our lot.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know was one of my favs couple years ago, would cut blokes in half.. even had a sneaky step at the line.. unfortunately for whatever reason we don't see enough of it anymore.. time to move him on
Yeh absolutely. With the game now you need quick solid forwards who can put out big mins.

Yesterday we lost 60 mins from a front rower went down. Yet we saw no extra mins from kas or Eastwood (kas got his standard 30 mins and Eastwood got his 40-45 mins). To think Paul Vaughn was available and we re-signed Eastwood on decent coin makes me wonder what way the club management see the club going.

Of course for the dressing room Eastwood is important. But apart from 2-3 decent games this year the guy has been average at best. Either play him at lock as a middle forward or move him on. His lack of speed is hurting us at 2nd row.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has never looked like a footy player and has always seemed to be carrying a bit of a belly.

I like him and he has given us some good consistent years of service but of late he seems to have reached his use by date. I was sad when he left us the first time in 2009 and was quite happy when he came back to us in 2011. Honestly, although he tries hard his impact has been negligible this year particularly in hit ups and metres gained. Last night ;27 mins played 6 runs for 64 metres ( less than his season average of the previous 8 games of 67.5 metres per game) 13 tackle one miss. Last year in 18 games played he averaged 84.5 metres per game.

Having just re-signed him if we were considering moving him (or any other one on )we would need to find a club willing to pay a fair chunk of his contract otherwise we will be paying for him to our detriment for the next three years. Pretty sad to be looking at going down this road but it looks like for the first time in the history of Hasler's tenure at the Dogs decisions are being made with a purpose to improving our lot.

agree , Eastwood doesnt deserve his spot given his performance this year and RFM playing in the reserves.

I still think Eastwood is way too heavy, if he lose weight he will perform much better

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been on the decline for a couple of years. Stupid signing to extend him on overs.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
NSW cup and see if he do a Kasiano with some help from Sam.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His way past his best i would be happy not to see him on the team drop him or send him to nsw cup or sell him to Cronulla

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of talk the warriors could be interested in taking him please help us out bros

Status
Not open for further replies.