What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really think we should consider signing Lodge for 2025. He was going well at Manly in the few games before he did his ACL. There's a report today they're going to re-sign him for next year (even though he'll miss most of it). Beggars can't be choosers. He'd come a lot cheaper now. Lodge and Saifiti as our props we'd be doing okay
We should have signed him when the Broncos were trying to offload him and were willing to pay a big chunk of freight

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Twal didn’t come here because the tigers were the dumb ***** to sign him to 525K a season and wanted a club to take the full contract. Manly and the dogs weren’t dumb enough. The fact Twal re-signed with the tigers for 400K also shows manly and the dogs weren’t willing to offer him that much money.
Don’t argue common sense with him, you will need to draw a pic using stick figures to get through to him and that fucking clown on here.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looks like Raiders are getting another gun from UK.
Does Phull have a hard no on anyone from abroad?

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guns from the UK don’t automatically translate into guns in the NRL… so let’s see how he goes before getting worked up. Sam Tomkins and Luke Thompson were guns in the super league too, remember?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Guns from the UK don’t automatically translate into guns in the NRL… so let’s see how he goes before getting worked up. Sam Tomkins and Luke Thompson were guns in the super league too, remember?
Yea I remember very well but given the apparent hardships with recruiting getting test quality Englishmen has probably still got credibility in my opinion.
And if Reynolds getting punted from super league cause he was rubbish and still getting a contract with the club we could do allot worse than capable Englishmen.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because with very few exceptions players from the UK make great Ron Massey Cup players.

e.g Ryan Sutton, paying him way more than his talent level.

I hope Gus has learned his lessons. By never pay big money for Englishman again.

*Unless they are proven in the NRL.