What the f... are we gonna do for props / forwards ?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Long shot but does anyone else think Skelton can become a middle? Or would he better as an explosive winger/2nd rower?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im expecting outside juniors and depth, most of the offseason recruiting will be forwards. We have plenty backs from next year, I think we see Burton/Sexton a bit more also. And we have some good halves coming through, who will be ready in the next year or so. We have a few decent forwards but we need someone who bends the line and better defenders.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy fix. Don't read. I thought this place was for discussion. New players are the only thing that's gonna save us in the short term. We've missed so many opportunities I need to whinge and let it out. Also hoping someone can suggest a decent solution
Not a solution, but i have full faith that Gus and co will get the job done.

No way replacements for TPJ, Thompson and Pele are not added.

Gus may not be everyone's cup of tea but he aint stupid.

We will not be rolling with King, Knight, Patolo and Hughes as our rotation ...the latter two hardly ever play.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, just thinking out loud as he is a big boy and makes a fuckload of metres and has put all other forwards on show when he played against the 2 Grand Finalists.
would need a big off season to play middle forward. surely we have a couple forwards coming through from flegg/nsw cup that'll be promoted to the nrl team for next year

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Easy fix. Don't read. I thought this place was for discussion. New players are the only thing that's gonna save us in the short term. We've missed so many opportunities I need to whinge and let it out. Also hoping someone can suggest a decent solution
Mate. Come on.

Each time we miss out on another player a new thread starts again.

We should honestly just have one thread with all the 'signing' talk rather then starting a new one every week or so.

How can anyone follow a conversation when they're scattered everywhere?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly no amount of complaints is going to change the fact that we have 16 teams to compete against for signatures. Just because we need a handful of props and have money to spend, we're just as likely to be up against someone who needs one forward and have a warchest and are willing to pay through the nose. And then you have those teams that have no visible salary cap too.

So 25 threads about the same topic can be hugely repetitive

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate. Come on.

Each time we miss out on another player a new thread starts again.

We should honestly just have one thread with all the 'signing' talk rather then starting a new one every week or so.

How can anyone follow a conversation when they're scattered everywhere?
Its important to not forget the numerous big misses though. Particularly with a v important club election coming up soon

Dogiezz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day!
Calm down lads, we'll get there.

Anyway, 2024 we are winning the Grand Final :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
would need a big off season to play middle forward. surely we have a couple forwards coming through from flegg/nsw cup that'll be promoted to the nrl team for next year
Fingers crossed bro....

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like i keep saying, you haven't missed out on a player if they re-sign with their club. You've only missed out if they choose to leave for another club, and it's not yours. There is a major difference between the two!
The difference between the 2 is actually;
- wooden spoon tigers stuck to there guns and didnt budge on there offer of 400k
- Ciraldo met with twal and we offered 500k and he still re-signed with tigers

Alarm bells