Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im thinking the M7 is not much different from the M8 and is cheaper I like the max is also cheaper but the screen is pretty big and dont know if i want to be lugging that around in my pocket.

Then there is the s5 also not bad but i dont like the plastic.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if its any help but I have had my nexus 4 for a while now and wouldn't part with it. The newer 5 got pretty good reviews. You get a lot of phone for the price.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im currently using HTC One XL after i had an S3. worst phone. cant wait to go back to samsung

get the S5, cant go wrong. Most complete phone on the market, and no other rivals bat life atm

Last edited by a moderator:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to say, depends what you want. The one max is rubbish. If you're looking for a big phone you're better off going with a Samsung Note 3 (bought one myself recently, best purchase I've made in a long time). The other phones are all good. If you want a good camera go for the S5, if you want water resistance or other cheap gimmicks go for the S5, if you want a good time go with Ozman, otherwise the M8 is a great choice.

I was torn myself for a long time so I tested out the M8, Z2, S5 and the note 3. The M8 was good but the camera is horrible. The Z2 has a great camera but it is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever held. The S5 was the best of the bunch for me but I have large hands so it felt small.

In the end I played with the note 3 and it just felt perfect. Has all the features I wanted from the S5 (except the waterproofing) in a larger package. Plus the stylus is great.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
S5 is the best all round mobile currently available. The plastic design is the real only downside, however it cut down the cost of the phone. Slap on a cover and its not really a problem.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I regret not getting the Note 3, TBH. I love my S4 but I want a big ass screen.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I regret not getting the Note 3, TBH. I love my S4 but I want a big ass screen.
overcompensating for something else tbh

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recently bought a purple Sony Xperia Z2. The thing really is pure sex.

Looks a million bucks in terms of design, while in terms of specs it beats out the S5 and M8 in most areas.

Only catch is that I don't think it technically has been released in Australia yet.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
(a side note, Google offered me access to Glass today....I'm not sold on it -- anyone got an opinion?)

-cb

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
(a side note, Google offered me access to Glass today....I'm not sold on it -- anyone got an opinion?)

-cb
It definitely has its pros. It's biggest pro however is also it's biggest con; the camera.

The public will never feel comfortable with the idea knowing everyone's glasses could be a recording picture/sound. There was a funny story a while back now where a guy was kicked out of the movies with one being accused of trying to pirate the film LOL - He was proven not to be recording anything in the end... but you can see the issues that can arise with these glasses.

I'll definitely get one though. lol

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I recently bought a purple Sony Xperia Z2. The thing really is pure sex.

Looks a million bucks in terms of design, while in terms of specs it beats out the S5 and M8 in most areas.

Only catch is that I don't think it technically has been released in Australia yet.
$759 + shipping from Sony online

http://www.sony.com.au/product/xperia+z2

or

If you sign up to a 24 months plan with Optus for Sony Xperia Z2, $60 my plan with $16 handset repayments (600 minutes, 1.5 GB data, unlimited text)

Plus you get BONUS ADIDAS TRAINERS, EXCLUSIVE TO OPTUS* RRP $190

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sony/xperia-z2

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
overcompensating for something else tbh
I bought the note to make my hands and feet look smaller. Women kept approaching me because of the size of my huge feet....

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

-cb
They What!!!!!

I want one man, I don't care how much it is im getting one

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
Galaxy S5 ftw.

Upgraded to one a few weeks ago, and it just leaves my old Galaxy S3 in the dust... big time!

WAY WAY WAYYY better battery life, processor speed, screen size, resolution, camera...

Sure, it may not be that noticeable for Galaxy S4 users, but if you've owned an S3 or a phone with similar specs... then get the S5.

Don't think hard about it. Just get it ;)

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can have my access MattyB, if you'd like...I'm not sure I'm ready for Glass right now.

USD$1500 + sales tax (shipping and frames are free)

Overnight express post to me, and delivery is suggested within seven days :grinning:

Think about it.

-cb.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I phone all the way,
Only phone for me

Status
Not open for further replies.