What is your scariest Movie?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The original IT and pet semetery, saw them both when I was a kid and they both had a pretty big impact.
I couldn't even look at my sausage sandwich for breakfast after pet semetery.

As an adult, the only movies I've been slightly unsettled by from memory were hereditary and smile

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most tense: Hereditary
Most brutal: The Terrifier
Hardest to watch: Salo

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Alien, Aliens and Alien3.. Just so tense and this led me to be scared shitless..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Arachnophobia made me scared of spiders. Still am to this day.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exorcist for it’s time was bloody scary. But in recent times I think the original Conjuring was scary

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Iv watched only 3 scary movies in my life because I'm a little bitch. The ring, Texas chainsaw massacre and paranormal activity 3.

Paranormal wins by far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never been into these movies, not really scared they just don't do much for me. I did watch Jason X as a kid though just so I could see boobies.

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
8mm with Nicolas Cage scared the piss outta me as a kid, as did Requiem for a Dream

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Shining is the most chilling movie for me but I love Kubrick.. Most other horror movies don't scare me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
8mm with Nicolas Cage scared the piss outta me as a kid, as did Requiem for a Dream
Ass to ass.. Haha.. I'll always remember that scene from Requiem for a Dream. That movie is more intense and sickening than scary..

lukedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ass to ass.. Haha.. I'll always remember that scene from Requiem for a Dream. That movie is more intense and sickening than scary..
The scene with the mum all cracked out watching her fridge jumping at her was scary, but yea it was depressing at the end with them all broken and alone.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a stack of horror movies I'm yet to watch, but I'm generally unphased by most scary movies, even the Saw and Hostel movies.

Human curiosity got me looking for some of "the worst ones" people claim (some time back).

Found a few and they were average.

Cannibal Holocaust is so so because its filmed in 80s you can kinda pass it off as "not that realistic" because the film quality is poor. If it was remade today in 4k though it'd be up there with the worst.

But the movie that shook me was the uncut version of A Serbian FIlm. It was made in 2010 the scenes are rather graphic.

It's the only movie I've seen where when it ended, I found myself asking "who the hell would write, direct, or act in afilm with such content".

I'm not sure it can be surpassed for pure shock value.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Arachnophobia made me scared of spiders. Still am to this day.
When we were kids we watched a movie called "Monster in my Closet"

Basically a B Grade movie about a Monster that can teleporting into any closet. My mate still has a chain on his closet while he sleeps.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Got a stack of horror movies I'm yet to watch, but I'm generally unphased by most scary movies, even the Saw and Hostel movies.

Human curiosity got me looking for some of "the worst ones" people claim (some time back).

Found a few and they were average.

Cannibal Holocaust is so so because its filmed in 80s you can kinda pass it off as "not that realistic" because the film quality is poor. If it was remade today in 4k though it'd be up there with the worst.

But the movie that shook me was the uncut version of A Serbian FIlm. It was made in 2010 the scenes are rather graphic.

It's the only movie I've seen where when it ended, I found myself asking "who the hell would write, direct, or act in afilm with such content".

I'm not sure it can be surpassed for pure shock value.
Irreversible is that movie for me. French flick with Monica Belluci. Stupid movie made purely for shock value. It includes a brutal rape scene that goes for over 10 minutes.

I watched the movie because people told me it is an emotionally compelling masterpiece. I just thought it was stupid stuff created purely to shock people.