What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched the first 2 episodes of Ahsoka. It's slow, but I really enjoyed it. If you watched Rebels then you'll probably enjoy it. If you haven't watched Rebels, then you should watch Rebels first. It's basically just a continuation from Rebels and if you haven't watched that, you'll be confused as fuck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finished watching the second season of FROM on Stan. Man that show can really get you hooked. Can't wait for season 3.
Binged season 1 and 2. Haven't finished season 2 yet, but absolutely love it. Amazing show.

I am concerned though. I'm watching it thinking, "they are pumping in so many mysteries, I'm worried it will turn out like Lost. They'll create all these mysteries then answer none of them"

Then I found out it's made by the people who made Lost, and now I'm concerned.

Lost was made as a mystery series that wasn't meant to have an end. The creators thought it would be axed, so they created a bunch of mystery stuff expecting that it would get axed and they wouldn't have to answer any of their questions. But when it didn't get axed, they ended up just ignoring the mystery.

Lost asked 100 questions, and they only answered 1. The question being, where they were. Many people speculated they were in pergatory. The Lost creators stated that they were definitely not in Pergatory. Then on the final episode they finally answered that one question. Where were they? They were in purgatory.

That makes me concerned about this show too. It definitely feels like they expected it to be axed in season one. But it got renewed. So rather than answering the questions, they created even more mystery. Just like Lost.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Binged season 1 and 2. Haven't finished season 2 yet, but absolutely love it. Amazing show.

I am concerned though. I'm watching it thinking, "they are pumping in so many mysteries, I'm worried it will turn out like Lost. They'll create all these mysteries then answer none of them"

Then I found out it's made by the people who made Lost, and now I'm concerned.

Lost was made as a mystery series that wasn't meant to have an end. The creators thought it would be axed, so they created a bunch of mystery stuff expecting that it would get axed and they wouldn't have to answer any of their questions. But when it didn't get axed, they ended up just ignoring the mystery.

Lost asked 100 questions, and they only answered 1. The question being, where they were. Many people speculated they were in pergatory. The Lost creators stated that they were definitely not in Pergatory. Then on the final episode they finally answered that one question. Where were they? They were in purgatory.

That makes me concerned about this show too. It definitely feels like they expected it to be axed in season one. But it got renewed. So rather than answering the questions, they created even more mystery. Just like Lost.
I thought that as well. It seemed like they were trying to do something a little more supernatural than Lost was though.

However (without ruining it for you) I then saw the end of season 2 and I couldn't believe it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought that as well. It seemed like they were trying to do something a little more supernatural than Lost was though.

However (without ruining it for you) I then saw the end of season 2 and I couldn't believe it.
I finished season 2. I did audibly go "holy shit", but then I remembered that Lost did something similar. Still good though and I'm really looking forward to season 3.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I finished season 2. I did audibly go "holy shit", but then I remembered that Lost did something similar. Still good though and I'm really looking forward to season 3.
Yep, same here. As soon as it was shown that she was in a room, I knew she was back in civilisation.

Also, she wasn't exactly happy to be back - now she needs to get back there and tell everyone how she got back - and she can't exactly do that lol.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone watched The Wheel Of Time? This genre is a fair way out of my pretty vanilla watching brief and I only started watching it because Rosamund Pike is in it.
Happy to report it is actually not bad at all, I've made it halfway through season 1.The 2nd series premieres on Friday I think..it's on Prime.

Also a mention for The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart, I rate it and its well written and acted but i have to say the domestic violence theme front and centre atm I have found quite confronting(had some flashbacks, unexpectedly i must say).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is the One Piece adaption arse or not? Seems like it has good reviews but idk if that's because everyone just lowered there expectations because of how ridiculous this is to adapt.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is the One Piece adaption arse or not? Seems like it has good reviews but idk if that's because everyone just lowered there expectations because of how ridiculous this is to adapt.
Only watched a few clips and the trailers. The trailers look terrible, but the clips are good. But I also never watched the anime.

Some far lefties are whinging because the main actor isn't Asian, but other than that I think it's pretty well praised.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Only watched a few clips and the trailers. The trailers look terrible, but the clips are good. But I also never watched the anime.

Some far lefties are whinging because the main actor isn't Asian, but other than that I think it's pretty well praised.
The early parts will be the easiest to adapt but even then it's still pretty ridiculous. The later stages are going to be practically impossible with it being basically looney tunes on steroids although I doubt they even plan to get up to that.

The mc isn't even meant to be Asian lol. I guess this show has the potential to trigger quite a few people if it gets popular enough and they adapt certain parts of the story.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The early parts will be the easiest to adapt but even then it's still pretty ridiculous. The later stages are going to be practically impossible with it being basically looney tunes on steroids although I doubt they even plan to get up to that.

The mc isn't even meant to be Asian lol. I guess this show has the potential to trigger quite a few people if it gets popular enough and they adapt certain parts of the story.
I remember when they made Full Metal Alchemist and they replaced the European characters with Japanese actors in blond wigs. It looked stupid. Wasn't terrible though, just looked stupid. And had nothing on the anime.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm 2 episodes into it. It's really good so far.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Netflix series - painkiller about the rise of OxyContin.
it’s a bridge between a documentary and a drama and well executed so far 3 episodes in
Just finished watching it. Just really sad how addiction can work. "Big Pharma" is a real thing in the US. I haven't been there for quite some time, but one of the most confronting things I saw, was all the ads for drugs on TV.

I've heard Dopesick is quite good too - I think its on Apple TV (i've only got Prime and Neyflix), @Roll the Bones ?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Next on my list is the Docuseries about Arnold Schwarzenegger on Netflix.
It’s pretty good CD if you are a fan..Great to listen to Arnie telling his story. It’s very saccharine though..