What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he gets royalties or if they go straight to the production company who owns the rights to it.

The thing is I liked the show up until his departure and yeah it got shit when Kutcher was in it. However they killed him (Charlie) off right at the end - so how will they fix that up? Also, the actress who played Berta (Conchata Ferrell) passed away in 2020, so how can they replace her?

In my opinion it's best to just let it be. They stuffed up the show when they got rid of Charlie and that should be it.
last i read he was early something like 125 mill a year from it iirc.

yep, they killed him and unless they come up with something believable I doubt it would work.. better to leave it be.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
last i read he was early something like 125 mill a year from it iirc.

yep, they killed him and unless they come up with something believable I doubt it would work.. better to leave it be.
Wowsers. I never knew that. I thought that actors were paid per episode and that was it. That means he earns more for the syndicated episodes that he earned when the episodes were new.

Not bad.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wowsers. I never knew that. I thought that actors were paid per episode and that was it. That means he earns more for the syndicated episodes that he earned when the episodes were new.

Not bad.
Just searched hes earned about 100 mill US from the re-runs, not that amount per year.

Still plenty though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Marvel TV shows and movies have generally been pretty average lately. But the Loki series was great. They obviously took a lot of influence from Douglas Adams. And it's great to see a 2nd season is on the way.

Also great to see that Ke Huy Quan is getting more roles

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Marvel TV shows and movies have generally been pretty average lately. But the Loki series was great. They obviously took a lot of influence from Douglas Adams. And it's great to see a 2nd season is on the way.

Also great to see that Ke Huy Quan is getting more roles

Ke Huy Quan should return as Short Round in a stand alone movie..it’d be great!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ke Huy Quan should return as Short Round in a stand alone movie..it’d be great!
If you haven't watched it yet, you should watch American Born Chinese on Disney Plus. The show isn't super great, but it's entertaining enough. But there's a really good side story around Ke Huy Quan. He basically plays a character that was treated as the idiot asian in a sitcom, and in it he does this great monologue about how he quit acting because everyone just wanted to type cast him as the stereotypical asian. He does it as the character, but you can tell that he's actually talking about when he was a child actor.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm Watching Kim's Conveinience ATM, funny show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm many episodes into Twisted Metal on Stan. I expected it to be terrible, but I'm really enjoying it.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he gets royalties or if they go straight to the production company who owns the rights to it.

The thing is I liked the show up until his departure and yeah it got shit when Kutcher was in it. However they killed him (Charlie) off right at the end - so how will they fix that up? Also, the actress who played Berta (Conchata Ferrell) passed away in 2020, so how can they replace her?

In my opinion it's best to just let it be. They stuffed up the show when they got rid of Charlie and that should be it.
He probably does get royalties as the Friends cast do and they get about 20 mil a year I saw somewhere, as for Charlie to come back maybe they ( writers) could say he faked his own death to get away from Allan and his mum.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Started watching Gotham Knights recently. Up to episode 8. It's pretty good.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently watching severance and am quite impressed so far, it's a very interesting concept done very well and I'm loving the subtle dark humour interspersed.

I'm not normally an Adam Scott fan but he does a great job as the lead

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Started watching Gotham Knights recently. Up to episode 8. It's pretty good.
I will get to it eventually. Just finished Titans which was excellent. But the trailer of Gotham Knights makes it look like a terrible team drama.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I will get to it eventually. Just finished Titans which was excellent. But the trailer of Gotham Knights makes it look like a terrible team drama.
I like Titans, hopefully get to watch the last season soon.

Gotham Knights is more like a detective show than a superhero show. I'm enjoying it. Have it on about the same level as Pennyworth.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like Titans, hopefully get to watch the last season soon.

Gotham Knights is more like a detective show than a superhero show. I'm enjoying it. Have it on about the same level as Pennyworth.
Watched the first episode of Pennyworth and didn't like it. But need to get back to it.

Btw, last season of Titans is now on Netflix.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of Pennyworth and didn't like it. But need to get back to it.

Btw, last season of Titans is now on Netflix.
Yeah thanks I saw but I have to finish a few shows first. Up to season 7 of Suits & doing a rerun of Smallville.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOPBOY Season 5 bout to drop on Netflix, 7 September

top-boy-season-3-season-5-trailer-the-final-season-of-top-v0-4NA0Meh2Mnanf28QGteZuT_NfgUUVexYd...jpg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reviews are up for Ahsoka. Real mixed bag. It's currently sitting on 69 on Metacritic, with IGN giving it 7/10. But Gamespot gave it 2/10

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reviews are up for Ahsoka. Real mixed bag. It's currently sitting on 69 on Metacritic, with IGN giving it 7/10. But Gamespot gave it 2/10

It's gonna be shit, Star Wars is dead and Disney has milked it dry. It's a shame, because growing up I loved Star Wars.