Lichaa-couldnt be on much was a nobody

Particular for next year from this year we have lost
O Hanlon
Trex
S Perrett
Browne
Rona

They are some decent players there and trex is on a huge amount

I mean upgrades have been done but not to the extent of using the whole cap surely??

This is jacksons 2nd upgrade since 1st grade as he was upgraded in 2014 if i remember correctly
Klemmer was apparently signed in 2012/2013 to a 300k a year deal so couldnt be on much more than that
Kasiano is on his 2nd upgrade and was signed post 2012 when he was in form
Eastwood meh dont think he would be on much plus when he left in 2010 we apparently kept the money aside for him to come back
Jmoz was always on good money

Only big upgrade that comes to mind is mbye or as I like to think of him Ben Roberts mark 2

What the actual fuck is going on? When you look at those names there I have no idea how we dont have the money to sign whoever we wanted.

I think we are going to be in a big hole for years to come as we effectively have a very weak spine and 2 backs who are 30 now in the morris brothers

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our biggest problem is that we have so much of our salary cap invested in the forward pack and we are getting no return for our dollars. Graham and Tolman combined are getting paid over a million a year and that's not good cap management. Klemmer resigned for around $600000 but you could argue we are getting a good return on that.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our biggest problem is that we have so much of our salary cap invested in the forward pack and we are getting no return for our dollars. Graham and Tolman combined are getting paid over a million a year and that's not good cap management. Klemmer resigned for around $600000 but you could argue we are getting a good return on that.
if you were to ask me

Jackson
Klemmer
Kas on the condition that he can manage 2x20 minute stints
and one of tolman or graham can stay

The rest can go and I do mean everyone else

Reynolds is a maybe if we really can't find 2 decent halves

Id go hard for both ash taylor and elgey and try and snag one of them
Heck Sam Williams is a better halfback than Mbye(been watching him and he is going well @ mounties)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they were allowed to play like a normal forward pack you might find we'd be ok

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
if you were to ask me

Jackson
Klemmer
Kas on the condition that he can manage 2x20 minute stints
and one of tolman or graham can stay

The rest can go and I do mean everyone else

Reynolds is a maybe if we really can't find 2 decent halves

Id go hard for both ash taylor and elgey and try and snag one of them
Heck Sam Williams is a better halfback than Mbye(been watching him and he is going well @ mounties)
I tell my mate who's a Raider fan the same thing all the time. He's still reasonably young and has nearly 100 fg games under his belt too.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They let Frank the Tank leave and kept that imposter TRex ( who no other NRL club has offered a deal to)

Our best recruit Rona is leaving after only 2 years

Finucane is a mainstay in the Storm pack at lick while we have Klemmer (a prop) playing at lock

Once Cook gets his chance in FG due to injury he proves hes up to NRL and finally proved some spark, linebreaks and tries from dummy half But hes allowed to leave and displace Souths main hooker Mcinnes

Terrible rectuitment/retention decisions all up

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not exactly a great list to prove a point. About half of those guys were toilers on minimum pay.

Drksol771

New Pup
Reaction score
Des needs start pulling his finger out and coach them smarter by having a great game plan and sticking to it and piss lichaa and put reynolds at hooker

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think at the time we understood Pritchard is on the last legs of his career and big bucks. Understandable. Sad. Rather Williams have gone though understandable.

Finucane was dirty on though at the time we had Pritchard still and hope no doubt in several others like Lloyd, Elliott, Patty etc. He was ever only going to be a bench player behind Pritchard, Jackson, Eastwood, Williams as top 4 choices and a bench spot to one there and two to Kasiano & Klemmer only leaving one and as said several fighting for it.

Cook wasn't our choice. He was offered more money and the starting roll at the Bunnies once they lost Luke.

Rona fucking sucks though the fact it's back to WA for Union is not like he's bolted to another NRL club. That I wouldn't accept.

That said I agree these guys would all be in our top 17 NOW and in theory Finucane & Pritchard should of been kept ahead of Williams. Though we couldn't offload him on that kind of money without paying most of the bill which is pointless.

We now have a situation where we are losing Rona, Williams, Perrett most likely Lloyd too and Browne. I don't care if we have to make more cuts e.g Lichaa or Tolman. WE NEED TO ADDRESS OUR MAJOR ISSUE FOR THE PAST FUCKING DECADE. SIGN A QUALITY HALF.

Go and sign Kieran Foran. With him Klemmer, Jackson, Kasiano, Reynolds, Morris bro's, Hoppa, Mbye, Graham we have the basis of a squad that can compete if healthy. Throw in blokes like Lee, RFM, Fine, Fuafalo etc and we will have some decent options hopefully pick up Luciano Leulia and maybe Mead?

Though if we don't sign Foran and are looking at losing Rona for Lee and still having to fill Sams spot and Williams/Brownes spots and a spine of Hoppa, Mbye, Reynolds, Lichaa we are just not going to be a threat and based on what other teams have added and recruited we are going backwards and will truly be way off the top race and struggling for the middle.

E.g Panthers adding Tamou, Titans Hayne & Peats & Hurrell for a full season, Roosters Keary and blokes back for full season like Cordner, JWH, Pearce.

Teams like Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Sharks, Raiders look to be a force for the foreseeable future.

Then clubs like Tigers, Eels, Warriors, Rabbitohs surely only improve with healthy players returning and kids improving.

I see us and our current losses, recruitment on par with Sea Eagles, Dragons as not going anywhere.

Only place worse is bloody Knights.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
It's going great, we signed one manly flop trex. We were so impressed with the shit he dished up, so we signed another dead beat reject hoppa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No one wants to come to our club anymore, not even that dumb fuck Fifita wanted to sign with us on massive coin.
That dumb fuck Fifita would rate as one of the top props in the game imo. Consistently breaks tackles, offloads and makes metres. His workrate has also picked up. Probs would of gone downhill at the dogs though and only managed 30 minutes of footy a week.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That dumb fuck Fifita would rate as one of the top props in the game imo. Consistently breaks tackles, offloads and makes metres. His workrate has also picked up. Probs would of gone downhill at the dogs though and only managed 30 minutes of footy a week.
Wasnt saying he was a bad player, just saying if someone like that didn't want to come to our club then who would.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
More to the point, what is our excuse for poor recruitment? Is it poor recruitment as such, or just the fact that no one of any exceptional playing talent wants to come to us, nor do up and coming youngsters come looking for a chance? The way we roll, it is nearly impossible to be dropped for poor play, nor be rewarded with a call up for good play.

I suppose the fact that we have so much money tied up in the forwards does not help either because what club in their right mind would want blokes on big coin paying Intrust, stuffs with the salary cap too much.

Probably a combination of a coach who is an absolute control freak that sucks any type of creativity from a player and a game plan that should have been consigned to the bin long ago.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
our recruitment is that bad I don't think we do any recruiting..... I think we just wait for players to knock on our door and ask for a crack in first grade

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we are going to be honest we don't have as much cap space as some think, 350k max, with Mybes, Jacko and Klemmers upgrades easily taking up T-Rexs contract and knowing our club Brenko Lee is probs on 300k and don't forget Lloyd Perrett on 300k. I love Beastwood but with little injuries starting to appear in his game and him about to get a rumoured 500-600k a season is simply to much for and he will be 30 by the start of next season. Tolman also has been a great player for the dogs over the last couple of years but we need to go in another direction and use his 450k some where else.

By letting go of Eastwood, Tolman and some fringe players we would have about 1.5 mill to spend and not even counting 3rd parties. That money could be used on Foran for next season (he would probably be available for around 750k after all his off field issues. Then with the remaining money plus the increasing cap in 2018 that money should be used to chase one of the superstar players available etc Holmes.

2017:

6. Mybe
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. RFM
12. Liolevave
13. Jackson

14. Reynolds

2018:

1. Holmes
6. Mybe
7. Foran
8. Klemmer
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. RFM
12. Peachey (off contract)
13. Jackson

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They let Frank the Tank leave and kept that imposter TRex ( who no other NRL club has offered a deal to)

Our best recruit Rona is leaving after only 2 years

Finucane is a mainstay in the Storm pack at lick while we have Klemmer (a prop) playing at lock

Once Cook gets his chance in FG due to injury he proves hes up to NRL and finally proved some spark, linebreaks and tries from dummy half But hes allowed to leave and displace Souths main hooker Mcinnes

Terrible rectuitment/retention decisions all up
I reckon cook will tear us apart on Friday night

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des needs start pulling his finger out and coach them smarter by having a great game plan and sticking to it and piss lichaa and put reynolds at hooker
Reynolds at hooker worst decision ever!!! The little prick would be up on tripping charges every second week!!! He would have to make 50 to 60 tackles every week and his defense sux as it is. Lol

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
To be honest most of those players were rubbish. The only ones I care about were Pritchard, Finucane and Ennis.

The more concerning thing is what he's done to our Holden Cup team. For over a decade we had a steady stream of talented young players coming through who were ready to step in and push for a first grade spot. We had guys like Anasta, Mason, Asostasi, Maitua, Thurston, Myles, Barba, Finucane, Reynolds, Jackson, Kasiano, Klemmer, Mbye etc. Every single one of these players was in the system before Des and Cleal arrived. What has their recruitment contribution been for NYC since they arrived? Guy Hamilton, Lloyd Perrett and Bronson Garlic. Not exactly world beaters. In fact our best young prospects like Adam Keighran and Will Kerr have been in our system since they were kids.
It's a sad state of affairs when the best players to promote from your U20's side is guys like Adam Elliot and Danny Fualalo.

I think that is a major factor why so many people are disheartened. In the past when we had a void to fill we knew it was only a year or two until we'd bring someone through to fix it. Now we don't seem to have anything on the horizon. Any void has to be filled by recruiting from outside which usually means mediocre first graders or fringe players.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothin their not bothered because we have a shit load of talent as it is .

Status
Not open for further replies.