What If the Morris Twins fire up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed everyone has them off the roster for 2019 but if they kill it this year it would be interesting to see if we would co wider resigning on a lower contract.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Joshs best season was years ago and Brett is very fragile. If Suli comes good and we can get ourselves a decent winger then it's time to move on.

Brett and Josh are best off to go to ESL where they can probably earn good dollars and prolong their careers.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Nah last year for me. Joshie has been outstanding for us. He was in my books as
Good as any defender for a long time for us. Bmoz is a freak but became injury prone. Considering they would be on 1.5 between them
And the fact we could get a kid like Joseph Manu for a replacement and have change I’d just have to go for it. It would be refreshing to have some extreme attack
There because despite jmoz d his attack hasn’t been much for a while.

If suli works out and Manu signs we can figure out who goes on wing and centre out of them
And would have 500k+ left over from
Them two taking the Morris bros spots!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh qualifies for the 10 year 1 club discount...I forgot what its called.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They have given us great service but.time to go in my opionion.

The money they free up is so important for the market place. And we need some fresh new youngsters who are hungrier than these two are.

Bmoz is 90% going to another club next year anyway.. no idea or word on which club though

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Too risky.
Even if they have great seasons, they’re at the end of their careers. extending their contracts would be a bonehead move.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Josh qualifies for the 10 year 1 club discount...I forgot what its called.
Just looked this up earlier.

Eastwood - 2011 to 2017 (7 years) / 2018 season = 8th year.
Tolman - 2011 to 2017 (7 years) / 2018 season = 8th year.
JMoz - 2010 to 2017 (8 years) - So qualifies this season (9th year).

But it's a pissweak amount is below is quoted total (not per player).
$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game
Ironically Tolman has played the most games of any current Bulldogs player!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nah last year for me. Joshie has been outstanding for us. He was in my books as
Good as any defender for a long time for us. Bmoz is a freak but became injury prone. Considering they would be on 1.5 between them
And the fact we could get a kid like Joseph Manu for a replacement and have change I’d just have to go for it. It would be refreshing to have some extreme attack
There because despite jmoz d his attack hasn’t been much for a while.

If suli works out and Manu signs we can figure out who goes on wing and centre out of them
And would have 500k+ left over from
Them two taking the Morris bros spots!
I'd loooooooove Manu ... the guys a future SBW I reckon.

Problem is Roosters will throw the cheque book at him to retain him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looked this up earlier.

Eastwood - 2011 to 2017 (7 years) / 2018 season = 8th year.
Tolman - 2011 to 2017 (7 years) / 2018 season = 8th year.
JMoz - 2010 to 2017 (8 years) - So qualifies this season (9th year).

But it's a pissweak amount is below is quoted total (not per player).

Ironically Tolman has played the most games of any current Bulldogs player!
Morris first season with the dogs was 2009 not 2010
Same as Eastwood but then left in 2010 for esl.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was at members day today... Josh had a dressing under right knee. Both of them had a sly confidence though.
I'm holding all horses but there's a seriously good vibe going on.
If Suli's fat then I'll eat another hat.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You would think Hopoate/Montoya will secure the right side for the next couple of years.

Mbye at fullback will be very interesting. With what Mbye possess i think he wont have any issues with his attack as a fullback. His organisation skills as well as positioning in defence is what will make or break him as a FB. If he does not work out as a FB i am sure he would succeed as a left sided centre, so he could replace Jmoz if that was the case.

Both Moz brothers, if they were to play on definitely wouldnt be on a large contract. I would only replace them if their was something better on the market or in our lower grades?

Mansour has been mentioned but the figures thrown around are ridiculous and is a waste of money.

There is not much available off contract in 2018 in terms of wingers and centres.

Hopefully Suli can kick on and improve his defence throughout 2018 and unearth a winger from the lower grades.

With Eastwood off contract along with Morris Bros thats around $2.4m of cap space. Thats some very juicy money to throw at Michael Morgan & Boyd Cordner. Throw $1.2-$1.4m at Morgan and force the Cowboys to max it out.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think Hopoate/Montoya will secure the right side for the next couple of years.

Mbye at fullback will be very interesting. With what Mbye possess i think he wont have any issues with his attack as a fullback. His organisation skills as well as positioning in defence is what will make or break him as a FB. If he does not work out as a FB i am sure he would succeed as a left sided centre, so he could replace Jmoz if that was the case.

Both Moz brothers, if they were to play on definitely wouldnt be on a large contract. I would only replace them if their was something better on the market or in our lower grades?

Mansour has been mentioned but the figures thrown around are ridiculous and is a waste of money.

There is not much available off contract in 2018 in terms of wingers and centres.

Hopefully Suli can kick on and improve his defence throughout 2018 and unearth a winger from the lower grades.

With Eastwood off contract along with Morris Bros thats around $2.4m of cap space. Thats some very juicy money to throw at Michael Morgan & Boyd Cordner. Throw $1.2-$1.4m at Morgan and force the Cowboys to max it out.
Hopoate is too slow as a centre......really need a gun centre with footwork pace and a good passing game as well as solid defence....Morris brothers need to go at end of year....def past their best

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hopoate is too slow as a centre......really need a gun centre with footwork pace and a good passing game as well as solid defence....Morris brothers need to go at end of year....def past their best
As i said, if their are better options out on the market to replace Morris bros at a reasonable price, go straight for it, otherwise promote some juniours.

With the money available after 2018 I would rather spend it on proven internationals who are consistent year after year, and at the peak of their careers like Morgan & Cordner who would bring something we have not had in years rather than blowing money on dumb positions

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A lot of ppl are not getting the point of the thread. Its not asking simply do u want mozzes to play 2019 based on what u know now. Its asking if they kill it would u want them to play another year.

Easy one...if they kill it, no team would let them go. When mozzes kill it they are and have been rep players

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with his passing game or his footwork... I think it's pace hes lacked over the last two years... I expect everyone to be much quicker this year with Matt shirvington addressing this problem in 2018

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think they will have a good year. Especially if for n stays healthy. I think they will head yo England as a combo . Now way worth their current contracts.
The dogs should habe 2 to 3 million to go shopping next year.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
No des, so every player has a chance to prove how good they are just look at Lichaa.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with his passing game or his footwork... I think it's pace hes lacked over the last two years... I expect everyone to be much quicker this year with Matt shirvington addressing this problem in 2018
It's Hoppa acceleration that's the issue, he can't accelerate and decelerate as well as other fullbacks. At centre this will likely not be as big an issue as long as he's coming onto the ball as he can then rely on his strength, balance, footwork and offload to challenge defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.