News What I know re Bulldogs and Haas

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They can't, or it would be counted under the salary cap. :tearsofjoy: Why should the Broncos have to pay his TPA's because of his bad behaviour.
I think it is more the person who 'handles' the TPAs for the broncos not standing up or making alternative arrangements

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Clubs can't. Isn't that up to players to get their own TPA's or has the rules changed.
Of course that is the rules but the strong clubs have people who make arrangements for TPAs otherwise who makes the TPAs happen- especially at the time of a contract.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I agree with you, but even if you were correct, wouldn’t that be all the more reason to be shopping for spine players and not million dollar props?
I thought we already had our $1M half, YOU.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not that I agree with you, but even if you were correct, wouldn’t that be all the more reason to be shopping for spine players and not million dollar props?
As much as I would like him i tend to agree with you,
I would rather spend 1 million or Mitchell Moses or latrell Mitchell.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This looks funny... I thought only Souffs or rorters would name sutton... (as the 14th player of course)
They normally they don't, he is automatic addition to their team when playing us :worried:

Last edited:

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You could almost guarantee there would be an offer on the table from another club, otherwise he wouldn't be agitating a release.
Or a smart ploy to create an urgent bidding war driven by FOMO... Jack the price up hard!!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sledging aside, do you really want to see us forking out 1 million plus a season for Haas?
How much would you be happy paying for Haas on the cap?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have to move with the times, prime forwards are getting up to 1.2 million dollars for a season,
Damn, we are paying The English POODLE 850K :grinning:
You’re spot on, we need to move with the times that’s why we need a great spine before anything else.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have more than enough money to give Haas around 850k under the cap plus add some other quality pieces to the roster over the next 18 months.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Some background, Haas and his previous management (Chris Orr) organised some TPA’s, with the help of the Broncos TPA committee, a grouping that Bennett organised way back in his first term at the Donkeys. The Third Parties, I heard 3, cancelled the agreements after the most recent altercation with Kelley (last straw, camels back etc).

Side note, this is one of the issues Haas is suing Orr and Orr is counter suing Haas over.

Haas and his new management (Tyran Smith) wanted the Donkeys to stand up for him, make it public. Say he was blameless, that it was 100% Kelley’s fault, that Kelley was drunk and on drugs. That Haas was sober as a judge and that Kelley was being an obnoxious prick and pushed and pushed until Haas had to respond.

Then Haas and his new management were going to take that statement from the Donkeys and present it to the Third Parties and ask for his TPA’s to be reinstated. The Donkeys refused, mostly because it should have meant Kelley being suspended by the NRL for a long time.

Haas (and Tyran Smith) are concerned that the Donkeys will throw him under the bus again, not stand up for him. This being the second time, when previously Haas was protecting his family and he believes that the Donkeys hung him out to dry. It may not be true, but that’s what he believes.

FWIW Haas is on around $700k in the Cap, plus a car and (what was) $250k of TPA’s. That’s the $1m that the media quotes.

Always Bulldog

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We absolutely need a great spine, but before we do the fancy stuff we must be able to go forward, therefore we need to replace the English Poodle :-)
100% this pack aint what its cracked up to be and no where near standard Stats don't show how far behind this pack is.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol no way we get Haas. Nor should we be in the market for him

According to Weidler he's no chance anyway lol

What is causing an issue is that Haas wants premierships. Or, at the very least, he wants to be playing finals. In four seasons in the top grade he has appeared in one play-off game, Brisbane’s infamous 58-0 loss to Parramatta in 2019.
Advertisement

Haas wants to be able to get out of his deal if they don’t make the top eight in year one of his new deal, or in year two if they don’t make the top six, and in year three if they don’t make the top four.
The Broncos should have similar goals, but they must privately fear they won’t get there. The club doesn’t want anything to do with Haas’ performance clauses, and that has upset the big front-rower.