News What exactly are Phil Gould and his Bulldogs up to?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe that’s why his ‘Journey to the NRL’ didn’t quite work out: poor dietary choices :-).
No I actually ate pretty well. I got mum to make my soup and low calorie and nutritious curries as well as kangaroo meat, the chicken, steak, egg whites etc
My dream simply fell apart due to mulholland k I king the bucket, barrett getting sacked and coronavirus.
Mounties stopped being our feeder so who knows what would have happened if I landed the gig.
I was knee deep in one point we were discussing pay. I wasn’t happy. It was next to nothing

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
No I actually ate pretty well. I got mum to make my soup and low calorie and nutritious curries as well as kangaroo meat, the chicken, steak, egg whites etc
My dream simply fell apart due to mulholland k I king the bucket, barrett getting sacked and coronavirus.
Mounties stopped being our feeder so who knows what would have happened if I landed the gig.
I was knee deep in one point we were discussing pay. I wasn’t happy. It was next to nothing
Er - so Covid exploded in 2020, your ‘journey’ thread was mid-2021, the Dogs reintroduced their own NSW Cup team in 2022 only separating from Mounties for 2023. Me senses some inconsistencies in your tale :-).

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know he will take cash,but will he turn up on time?
Sign up the one I got today, turned up within an hour of being called after the boy broke the gal garden tap pipe off at the ground with the mower.

Cost me $400 of course

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Sign up the one I got today, turned up within an hour of being called after the boy broke the gal garden tap pipe off at the ground with the mower.

Cost me $400 of course
lol ouch Sunday call outs

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree. Tracy was a regular NRL player and was making a difference on the field to the Sharks attack. Mann was a regular first grader and often starting in the back row. Turpin became a regular backup hooker at the Roosters and made a difference when he came on. Same with Hutchison who ended up playing just about every game in one position or another.

Taaffe is OK and I see him as young potential talent that we can develop but may play a role in top grade as well similar to what Souths did. He will probably lead our NSW side and develop into a good fullback or half when needed. It will certainly make a reserves stronger which is good. Whenever the Dogs dominate their reserves have always been strong as well.

I think the 'too many options problem' is a good problem to have and I think potentially our backline is strong and not all over the place. Having Crita, Fox, Kiraz, Xerri and Tracy in the backline seems as good as most sides. Tracy often played centre and added some unpredictability.

I agree our mids have a ? but as Gus said there were not many options on the market. What can you do but then concentrate on our existing mids. But the team is not just about the mids but how the entire team has been transformed from what it was in the last few years and I think the second year of CCs higher standards and filtering out those who are not invested will make a difference as time goes by.

This is a 5 year plan not a 2 year plan. The board wanted immediate results and Gus wants to develop talent. Trying to please both sides seems hard to do. But I can understand getting some experienced and committed players to mentor youth is a good idea as it brings them into play faster but also plugs some glaring holes we had in the meantime which may make some difference in whether we lose or win some games.

Really I think we are only one or two good mids from a top 8 side.
Yes. If both Thompson & RFM delivered in 2023 to meet expectations then we would have finished in/close to top 8. Unfortunately they were mostly, perpetually ill/suspended/injured/homesick/complaining.

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Cost me $400 of course
Big fella ? Train and trial

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Crighton
2. Addo Carr
3. Tracey
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
Decent backline but inexperienced in the spine. Sexton has struggled at NRL, Burton is not a dominant voice in the side yet and Crighton inexperienced at 1. in NRL.

Second string
1. Papali'i
2. Wilson
3. Pehram
4. Samrani
5. Skelton
6. Hutcho
7. Taffe

3rd String
1. Rajab
2. ?
3. Hayes
4. Hoffman
5. ?
6. BBO
7. O'Niell

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So pretty much nothing that every man dog and clown isn’t already aware of [emoji849]

There’s a few minutes of my life I’ll never get back
Why I don’t bother reading lol.. straight to the comments you get an instant insight haha !! Saves time. A quick scroll. First few replies say it all.