What does Des and the team do at training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fitness work? It cannot be because most of that is done is the pre season and players by mid season are in peak fitness.

Defense drills? The players know how to tackle and know there roles in the defensive line.

Study the opposition on video? How long does this take?

Attack? LOLOL

Recovery?

They say Des is there at the crack of dawn and is the last to leave..what is he doing their for 12 hours a day? Watching Red tube?

He leaves no stone unturned? Why is it that when we do the out the back plays the opposition rushes on our halves and they havent adjusted for years now when this happens?

What do they do?

This is a serious question which i am intrigued about.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Must be getting plenty of RedTube in cause the way we are playing the team seems to enjoy getting f@&$&$d on the field!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's putting way too much effort into stats... just play footy.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably sit around in numb groups studying statistics. They would be asleep after the first ten minutes, the same as in every game lately.

It is impossible to understand how the coach can't see that other teams coaches read our "plays" like a book yet there is no obvious change to our ancient tactics which clearly don't work. The players try pretty hard in defence but don't have a clue when they are in possession, especially when kicking which is always a lucky dip.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye: Can we practice kicking?

Des: NO!

Mbye: Can we practice the forwards running off of me?

Lichaa: Can we practice me running the ball from dummy half?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smoke cones.
It's the only explanation, they all play like they're stoned.

Reactions: DT

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The current side reminds me of how the Dragons were playing, way too structured and once a team scores more than 18 points the dogs are fucked.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What does Des and the team do at training?

Sip tea and eat crumpets :grinning:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what is he doing their for 12 hours a day?

Probably has OCD and takes forever to do anything because he has to touch the door knob 3 times and click his fingers before opening it.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hasler plays music, then calls out a scenario and everyone runs to their box.

"last tackle, 30 seconds to go, 8 metres out from the opposition tryline and we're down by 1 point"

Everyone runs to set up for a one out hit up and supercoach hands out lollies.

Hasler has the training field at Belmore Sports Ground marked into 10-metre-square grids to help the players know where they should be in a game and what to do in different situations.
http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/366354/des-plan-all-there-in-blue-and-white/

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des: shut up ***** ! Just give the ball to tolman !
Des: Oi dib how's my statue and nuclear missiles coming along so we can celebrate the success of my plan?

Dib: ready to go for the next game sir.

Des: excellent!!! (Cue evil laugh).

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a fair point. Surely they talk at training about other footy games from over the weekend, and the plays teams put on. Or how good other players are at say, forcing dropouts, running from dummy half, not getting put on your back in every tackle, watching other teams sprint up in defence. Surely every player watches these games and takes note of there position with intent. For example does Holland watch how good wingers get the sets rolling with a good strong run from dummy half..Than why does he not do this. Surely Lichaa watches other hookers making good ground from a quick play the ball. Just pick it up and run for gods sake, how hard is it.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des: Do what you usually do.

Players: Run & stand on the try line, waiting for the opposition kicker to try & convert the try.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's a fair point. Surely they talk at training about other footy games from over the weekend, and the plays teams put on. Or how good other players are at say, forcing dropouts, running from dummy half, not getting put on your back in every tackle, watching other teams sprint up in defence. Surely every player watches these games and takes note of there position with intent. For example does Holland watch how good wingers get the sets rolling with a good strong run from dummy half..Than why does he not do this. Surely Lichaa watches other hookers making good ground from a quick play the ball. Just pick it up and run for gods sake, how hard is it.
Wouldn't be suprised if they hardly watch footy, a lot of players don't. Our players can barely make it through the intense video sessions, i doubt they want to see much more after that. I remember on 360 once how Graham said we hardly done much training the previous week and it was mostly video work lol. Hate to think how mentally draining it is to be around Des hahaha

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stats workshop with David Middleton, followed by 50 metre plodder sprints, 20 mins pass the parcel then game of force mans back with soccer ball and 1 hour video session..."leave it to Beaver" re runs

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1 McDonalds family deal each with a family pizza each from lakemba pizza watching Netflix breathing heavily

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember on 360 once how Graham said we hardly done much training the previous week and it was mostly video work
Was the video work Rugby League Live.

Status
Not open for further replies.