Opinion What could have been?

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys..
Just been thinking about the players we have missed out on at last minute..in the last 3yrs..(actual evidence we missed out)
Thoughts on what difference these players would have had over the past 3 years if signings eventuated..
Also..if these players were signed..the players we wouldn’t have signed in those positions in the 3yrs..
Chip in with any I miss out on..

Shawn Johnson…wouldn’t have signed Sexton
Brendan Piakura…wouldn’t have signed Kikau
Jerome Luai…Burton would definitely be in centres..not likely to be released…(Luai said he was super close to coming here for 25)
Api Koirisau…may have been more than 3yrs ago?…wouldn’t have signed Mahoney

I understand the cap would have been used differently elsewhere with these players joining,but I didn’t get that intricate with the process..lol
You would have to think these guys would have made a huge difference to our last 3yrs..
We have been very unlucky with certain situations..even the Oloapu injury that could have seen him killing it at 6.
TPJ wanting to try boxing.
Thompson injured for the term of a life sentence.
My point is..
I get it..we are not anywhere near where we need to be.
But we haven’t exactly had a good run with luck either..
So where could we be guys?..would we have been pushing the top teams in 21,22 and 23?
thoughts…..

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The biggest miss is Leniu in my opinion.

Which is why it was extremely satisfying to see that fool get banned for the racial slur.
I wasn’t sure if there was actual evidence that Leniu was basically ours at any stage

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've been thinking about how my life would be different if I never took candy from a stranger that night in 2007.
Unfortunate that stranger was a Panther fan, you could have been a functioning member of society working at the fish and chips shop

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck there are some cranky fuckwits on here..
If you’re not interested in contributing something worthwhile..
Move the fuck on.
Cannot stand the sad sacks on here..ffs
Wait until the positive crew get a hold of you for keeping the club accountable. Enjoy your abuse and spam from the fuckwits that inhabit this joint

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s only been one big big error…..letting Cook go. Would have attracted quality recruits

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wait until the positive crew get a hold of you for keeping the club accountable. Enjoy your abuse and spam from the fuckwits that inhabit this joint
I’m just trying to keep it real..
So many saying we are shit..we should be here..we should have this..why don’t we have this..
Johnson went home to sign a contract with us..we would have had our 7..no talk about Sexton or Hutch..lol
10th hour we had Api..11th hour…gooooone.
We had Thompson and TPJ…now we have neither and have the smallest front row in comp.
Criticise the club…praise the club…but keep shit real!!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m just trying to keep it real..
So many saying we are shit..we should be here..we should have this..why don’t we have this..
Johnson went home to sign a contract with us..we would have had our 7..no talk about Sexton or Hutch..lol
10th hour we had Api..11th hour…gooooone.
We had Thompson and TPJ…now we have neither and have the smallest front row in comp.
Criticise the club…praise the club…but keep shit real!!
We would be top 8 if the club paid just an extra bit for some of those
Players but the “not paying overs” has kept us near last for a decade