What are some memories of your wonder years?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yep the yoyo's were going rampant in 1996. Every kid in year 5 and 6 had one in my school (I went to Lewisham and it started in year 5).
I live directly across from Lewisham beside Morton Park..

Did you go to St Michaels Christian Brothers Fight Club…

Worst kept secret in the suburb and I walked past that day to see a dead guy under a sheet just of Toothill Street

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I live directly across from Lewisham beside Morton Park..

Did you go to St Michaels Christian Brothers Fight Club…

Worst kept secret in the suburb and I walked past that day to see a dead guy under a sheet just of Toothill Street
Oh yeah. I used to catch the 428 or 445 (whichever came first) on Thursdays after school when we'd finish early. The bus stop was right outside Morton Park on New Canterbury Road.

I heard about that fight club but couldn't believe it. Toothill street is one of the streets which the school runs off (along with the Boulevarde and Denison Road) and you just couldn't picture something like that happening there.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Speaking of bus stops, I remember when I was 10, that's when I started primary school (year 5) it was the first time I was regularly commuting to school by catching a bus. Prior to that I lived a 5 minute walk away from my old primary school, so catching a bus a fair distance away from my house daily was kind of a big deal (at first at least). So it gave me the opportunity to explore a bit more. I always got off at the last stop with the other Campsie boys and the bus terminated right in front of Civic video, and I used to LOVE walking into that store, particularly on Friday afternoons, and just take in the popcorn scented air. Then walk through all the aisles and seeing what was in. New releases, action, cartoons, comedy etc... then wonder off into the video games section - Sega, Nintendo, PlayStation - it was a whole new world for me which I continued to do for many years thereafter.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I loved Sub Zero and Sonya in the first game. This machine was always taken at the Timezone arcades.

In fact this reminds me of something... back in 2002, our extended family went to the now closed South Sydney Leagues club in Redfern for mothers day dinner, and we all had dinner together, you know Chinese food and what have you. After a while a few of the boys and me went for a walk around the club and saw the cabinet machine for this game, so we put a few coins in and decided to play it. Then one of the Fathers came along and said "No pick Raiden" - and he took over lol. He smashed it. I never though a 40 year old guy would've been so good at a game that was at the time about 11 years old lol.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I loved Sub Zero and Sonya in the first game. This machine was always taken at the Timezone arcades.

In fact this reminds me of something... back in 2002, our extended family went to the now closed South Sydney Leagues club in Redfern for mothers day dinner, and we all dinner, you know Chinese food and what have you. After a while a few of the boys and me went for a walk around the club and saw the cabinet machine for this game, so we put a few coins in and decided to play it. Then one of the Fathers came along and said "No pick Raiden" - and he took over lol. He smashed it. I never though a 40 year old guy would've been so good at a game that was at the time about 11 years old lol.
Raiden was good because you could keep fucking them up with the up-down teleport move and appear behind them. It use to piss so many people off.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Apogee Software/3D Realms?

Deadset, how awesome was this software company back in the days? I spent hours on end playing all those wacky games they created. I reckon even now I can go for a good dose down memory lane. Remembering all those great games they come up with:

Image Sources ~ Wikipedia

Bio Menace:

Bio_menace_screenshot.gif

Secret Agent:

1647487296989.png

Commander Keen:

1647487339158.png

1647487323279.png

Wolfenstein:

Wolf3d_pc.png

1647487366060.png

...and last, but certainly NOT least... the one and only...

Raptor: Call Of The Shadows

1647487410401.png

1647487427034.png