News Wests Tigers face fight to keep Daine Laurie and Bulldogs ready to pounce

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So a rookie winger starts ahead of him, lol
The most promising rookie (not really a rookie anymore either) in the NRL who's already on more money than Crichton who probably was promised he could play fullback if he chose Samoa, yeah.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The most promising rookie (not really a rookie anymore either) in the NRL who's already on more money than Crichton who probably was promised he could play fullback if he chose Samoa, yeah.
But Crichton is a superstar fullback, that's what TK says!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
NRL 2022: Phil Gould fires up, denies Bulldogs-Daine Laurie link | Sport Confidential
Canterbury head of football Phil Gould has fired up, after the Bulldogs were dragged into discussions between Dane Laurie and the Wests Tigers.

Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

The Wests Tigers thought they were facing a fight to keep Daine Laurie at the club after they were told that the Bulldogs were interested in the fullback.

It turns out they were being spun a line. After Confidential reported on the Bulldogs’ purported interest in Laurie, Canterbury head of football Phil Gould took to social media to slam the claims.

Gould sent this column a text saying Laurie had never been discussed and links to the Tigers No.1 were rubbish. He even suggested we owed the Tigers and Bulldogs an apology.

So here goes. Sorry guys. Won’t make that mistake again. Anyway, Gould’s proclamation is good news for the Tigers, who have tabled a one-year extension to Laurie in the hope of extending his stay at the club.

Laurie and his manager want a longer-term deal but they won’t be able to use the Bulldogs as leverage even though Gould admitted he loved Laurie.

The Bulldogs, meanwhile, continue to be linked with a big-money play for Penrith centre Stephen Crichton to play fullback as the Panthers juggle their finances in a bid to keep Crichton, Brian To’o and Liam Martin.

They may be forced to sacrifice Crichton to keep the other two, although they would do so reluctantly. It may hinge on what direction the Bulldogs take with the fullback position.

The club has been unable to nail down a player to fill the No.1 jersey. Matt Dufty, Corey Allen and Jake Averillo have all had a shot without making it their own.

Laurie also loomed as an option given the status of his talks with the Tigers, who are in the market for a handful of players as they look to ensure Tim Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah have the artillery to climb the ladder next year.

"The Wests Tigers thought they were facing a fight to keep Daine Laurie at the club after they were told that the Bulldogs were interested in the fullback.

It turns out they were being spun a line. "

Yep who by? The rule of thumb in journalism (went it had some credibility) was that you name the source if it was clearly wrong.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck you, pissmouth. Close your tongue, you're spilling urine everywhere and launch your self into the sun, dirtyfucker.
Lol. I like that……pissmouth.
I think I’ll use that at work today.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta give Toia a shot before we look towards other. Especially if it’s in the Laurie class. Averillo is not a fullback. He is barley a footballer at this stage because he is scared. So I’d see how Toia progresses and if he can stay fit and have a big off season I’d throw him the 1 jersey.

Allan should not be seen in belmore again.
We once said the same about Barba. I think that Averillo just needs some guidance and training to help him settle into the role.
I like his speed in attack.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We once said the same about Barba. I think that Averillo just needs some guidance and training to help him settle into the role.
I like his speed in attack.
lol Barba was already scoring 20+ tries a season though, was a freak off the bench even when he first started

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Typical media crap making up rumors on a slow news day.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Unusual that Gus let this one bother him. He usually loves media speculation and rumours about things that are never going to happen.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't be signing a fullback. Unfortunately Averillo is a stop gap until Joash Papalii is ready.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be signing a fullback. Unfortunately Averillo is a stop gap until Joash Papalii is ready.
I can see Gus is up to his old tricks,
Put pressure on the Tigpies through Laurie in order to get someone else.
Who will that be ?