Well done to the club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm all for the sack Hasler and recognising how awful we are, but this was my first time going to Belmore for an NRL match and what an experience!

Took photos and spoke to Frank Pritchard, Micky Paea, Luke Patten (who was sitting 2cm away from me!!) and Marty Taupau.

A great finish and the scenes at the end will be something I'll never forget. It's truly special that we can play twice a year at Belmore because you can't get this experience at the bigger stadiums.

I still think we're awful atm and think Hasler needs to go but kudos to the club for setting up a great day!!:grinning:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for the sack Hasler and recognising how awful we are, but this was my first time going to Belmore for an NRL match and what an experience!

Took photos and spoke to Frank Pritchard, Micky Paea, Luke Patten (who was sitting 2cm away from me!!) and Marty Taupau.

A great finish and the scenes at the end will be something I'll never forget. It's truly special that we can play twice a year at Belmore because you can't get this experience at the bigger stadiums.

I still think we're awful atm and think Hasler needs to go but kudos to the club for setting up a great day!!:grinning:

Thanks to the board for making that happen. It's a good experience, love the atmosphere there.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Patten was watching the game?????
Does he still support the dogs.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad you had a good time.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree. I had a blast with my 2 kids playing footy on the hill and then on the field at full time. The Reynolds chairing off at full time will live long in my mind as a special moment. The drive down from Newcastle was well worth it.

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There were not enough toilets - normally they have portaloos and they didn't open all exits so you had to walk all the way to the main stand side to exit at the end of the game.

It's like they didn't expect a good sized crowd so didn't plan well. Either that or they are cutting costs at the expense of the fans game day experience.

Save for the last minute victory which led to the celebration and farewell for Josh, it would have been a pretty terrible day.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what was pritchard and taupau doing at the game?
I think the club always sends out tickets to former players for the Belmore games. I have seen Marty there a few times at NSW Cup too. Interestingly enough he moved over Manly way last year but didn't like it and is back near Belmore. He seems to still have a string connection to the area and club.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
I think the club always sends out tickets to former players for the Belmore games. I have seen Marty there a few times at NSW Cup too. Interestingly enough he moved over Manly way last year but didn't like it and is back near Belmore. He seems to still have a string connection to the area and club.
Good! I yelled out to him to come back to the Dogs to which he gave a big smile and thumbs up. Here's to hoping one day he comes back.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to hear boys.
I watched the game with my dad who is doing it tough and my brother who was in town from Singapore.
We had a reminisce about our days heading out to Belmore.
Good to see a lot of kids there today

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a ball, loved the hill, pity the beer was low alcohol, plenty of people in blue and white.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe if we get rid of Des & get a decent coach he may come back!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

:grinning:
What is Taupau & Pritchard doing there? They must be missing Belmore

Status
Not open for further replies.