Weakest team in history of NRL

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gould’s work at Penrith took far too long. They eventually got there, but with the junior base at Penrith, I suspect it wasn’t owing to Gould as the mastermind. It was always likely to happen, with or without Gould. The fact it took the better part of a decade is a little mind boggling…Now he’s at the Bulldogs, I just don’t buy his influence as having a great effect. More hot air than anything else. Bottom line - we can’t afford to wait between 5 to 10 years.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just fold the club. we’ve regressed with how many ‘star recruits’? nothing will happen to you this current squad and coach. just fold us

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
just fold the club. we’ve regressed with how many ‘star recruits’? nothing will happen to you this current squad and coach. just fold us
i did say last week the club is finished

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dunno about weakest team in history. But we had our weakest side of the year on the field today. Result was kinda expected vs a much better team, at home and full strength, who would probably have beaten us if we had our best side out. Just by less

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Gould’s work at Penrith took far too long. They eventually got there, but with the junior base at Penrith, I suspect it wasn’t owing to Gould as the mastermind. It was always likely to happen, with or without Gould. The fact it took the better part of a decade is a little mind boggling…Now he’s at the Bulldogs, I just don’t buy his influence as having a great effect. More hot air than anything else. Bottom line - we can’t afford to wait between 5 to 10 years.
Panthers were in contention after 3 yrs. Probably would have made the gf If Wallace didn't go down. On ya buz. He said it 5yrs to turn it around and have them contend not to win. He done it in 3. Gus set the pathways as he did at the roosters and he is doing here. Pathways takes years and after 10yrs of neglect and poor recruitment and retentions it won't be repaired in 2 years.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Signing a proven Coach is all the club needs to do.

Someone with a proven track record of getting the best out of players and performing as coach at the top level - I.e winning games.

Enough with rookie assistant coaches who have zero experience and coaches with less than 40% or less win rate.

If you sign coaches like this, you deserve everything you get.

There is absolutely no tangible evidence to suggest that Ciraldo is a good coach other than media talk and back slapping from friends in and around the NRL and media circles.

We will be “also rans” whilst this current situation continues.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should of seen this coming with the pre-season from hell. cultural connections, woke smoke sessions, getting vulnerable.

We need an old school coach like Bellamy who is a hard arse. It's the only way to get through to players.

Hasler had this to some extent, he would scream in their faces at HT, rip doors off the changing rooms, etc.
Yup these new age assistants dont get it. This isnt a soft sport. Need a hard ass coach. Only way out.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It could be one of our worst packs.

I love King but he is busted. I really hope we do not repeat the same mistakes next season. We need forwards and more forwards. If guys are genuinely busted we should be able to let them freshen up.

Pangai is a great impact bench prop. Missing Kikau badly. Even if everyone was fully fit Thompson included I still don't think it would be enough. We'd probably need at least 3 to 4 forwards on top of our fully fit pack.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not playing for the 8 but still gotta play for your position and go into the off season strong.
Could nearly swap NSW Cup and first grade around

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Typical thread from a marshmallow. To the boofheads on here that continually bag the team get over it, suck it up. Same clowns would be finding something to criticise if we won.
I don't care about your passion, your dented pride. I don't want to hear that you can't except mediocrity. Roll over, find another team.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defensive mastermind my ass. Worst defence by a mile.

Ans hes on 5 years! FIVE! Gould doesnt care, he knows this either works or it fails. Hes finished after it anyways. Gets his money. Leaves.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Typical thread from a marshmallow. To the boofheads on here that continually bag the team get over it, suck it up. Same clowns would be finding something to criticise if we won.
I don't care about your passion, your dented pride. I don't want to hear that you can't except mediocrity. Roll over, find another team.
Chris Andersons ‘ give me two good front rowers and a halfback.. the rest are athletes’ has never rung more true. Especially considering we have a fantastic young second rower getting little support.