We said playing good and losing is still not winning.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as CC weakened our left side to fix the fullback issue we fell apart.

Plus the ref went a bit over the top at the start of the 2nd half with infringements against the dogs
100 percent .

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
Have a quick look at the penalty count and set restarts in the second half. Pretty sure we were ahead on penalties at the end of the first half, and the count ended 6-5 against us and 7-1 against in set restarts.

Sure, momentum plays a part in that turn-around, but that’s a massive leg up for the chasing side.

Doesn’t excuse our boys from doing some truly inept shit with ball in hand though.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safe to say we all hate the rorters we wanted blood at 26 blot the second half was a major let down I want us to put 50 on the fuckers for that I’m disappointed pinching what they perceived as an easy to points is pretty sweet tbh

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We definitely panicked after half time probably because they have been losing for so long they forgot how to. I hope we learn from that. At least we played so well in the first half that it set us up to hang on.
I’d say three things explain that second half:
1. As you say, we just forgot how to play when 26 points in front at halftime. Most of our team have not experienced that in FG.
2. A bit of complacency to start the second half, some of the boys fell for the old trap of racking the cue and we went away from what was working and started making mistakes. For example, Kikau ran 149m in the first half and 18m in the second half, we should have been using him all night to create and exploit overlaps.
3. Panic when they kept coming no matter what. So we started doing dumb things too because we were thinking about tomorrow’s headlines.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We played really well in the first half. During half time, we looked at the score board and decided to switch to lead protection mode. We don’t know how to do that properly because we are never in the lead. We need a few more wins so we can get into the habit of winning.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve ever been this angry after a win.

The game changed after that great tackle from Hughes that we were penalised for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, was at the game and right Infront of me. Biggest load of shit. Could not believe he got put on report too

Bigkev05

Waterboy
Reaction score
Have a quick look at the penalty count and set restarts in the second half. Pretty sure we were ahead on penalties at the end of the first half, and the count ended 6-5 against us and 7-1 against in set restarts.

Sure, momentum plays a part in that turn-around, but that’s a massive leg up for the chasing side.

Doesn’t excuse our boys from doing some truly inept shit with ball in hand though.
It's almost like Atkins got a call from Sutton during the break

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We smashed them in the first 40 and then put the cue in the rack, only to be ambushed and we were in our shell trying to defend rather than play to our game plan. We got the points though - sucked in Roosters. LOL

thedoctor81

Waterboy
Reaction score
It's almost like Atkins got a call from Sutton during the break
I think they all know how to manage the count so it looks ‘even-ish’ by the end of the game. We had 60+% possession at half time, you just knew they were going to do what they could to flip that second half. Low and behold, Roosyers get 63% and 10 + more sets second half.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Went from feeling like we had finally clicked as a team, then second half was the same old shit, should have won that by 20+ and been in 9th position now.
If we had won by the halftime margin we would've been 7th right now.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to find a platform to win 10-12 games this year that we can build on for the coming years.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Xerri should stay on the right edge. Once Preston comes back we can be lethal on both sides of the ruck. Our halves just need to feed them properly and not continue to go down the same side

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ref could have blown 20-0 second half against us there is zero excuse for what transpired.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This place can truely be bipolar!!! lol…. If any of us was told we would win this game 30-26, half of the forum would have had a heart attack!!! Fucken funny shit!!! Enjoy the win family! we beat the roosters the fucken Roosters, one of our most hated teams, the team owned by uncle Nick who dissected our mid 2000s team so we don’t have a dynasty… any type of win is a good win when we beat the Rotters!

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry bro but anyone with footy IQ over 10 isn't happy with that "win".

If they say they are, they are lying.
I'm happy with the win.

We talk as if we had everything going our way. How many injuries did we cop?

Can we be better? Definitely. Will we learn from this? For sure.

Am I happy with the win? Fucking oath.