News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Bulldogs is not for everybody. Our culture is working and playing harder than everyone else. This has always been the Bulldogs way. Poor recruitment, retention and development has left us with players who are unable to meet that standard. I fully support CC and Gus through this unapologetic approach.
Exactly. If you do what you always did, you'll get what you've always got. Changes were necessary

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, but if he’s done that, just be completely open about it and sack him. Surely a payout for sacking him wouldn’t cost more than having him sit on his arse getting paid for the next 2 years.
Players are not employees, you can’t “sack them”. RFM has a valid contract for 2 years, unless he has breached the terms of that contract then he is on our Salary Cap for 2 years.

Obviously there is plenty we do not know. But to date there’s nothing that says his contract could be terminated. In fact exactly the opposite, the fact that his contract hasn’t already been terminated.

Always a Bulldog

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if legal have advised the Club to try mediation for public appearances before axing him.

Buzz, before you run with this, it is pure speculation, you know, like most everything you write!

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I wrote a story about tha infamous half. Inspired by @Squirtlevstar

Called
‘tha half’

Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Bulldoggs skipper. Blessed with a heart of determination and a spirit as robust as his tackles, stood amidst the fervor of the game. The crowd's full hektik roar and the rhythmic thud of players, all races, collided in a symphony of athletic prowess. JACs legs, Burtons boot.
Yet, within this pulsating intensity, Raymond felt a gnawing hunger,
an insatiable desire…..
to prove heself.

As d game unfolded, his anticipation swelled. He had studied every angle, assessed every opportunity, and was positioned strategically, awaiting the precious ball. But despite his fervent pleas and exhortations, it seemed invisible to his teammates.
‘Gimme da ball my uso’ he screamed.
Silent.
The rest of f team surged forward, executing plays, passing the ball among themselves like a limited edition gold pressed Rocky A$ap CD. They was reluctant to share bro.
Raymond’s desperate calls were drowned amidst the collective din of the game. His chest heaved, his heart sinking with each passing minute. Ancestors from Samoa, in heaven, died inside.
With every missed opportunity, the weight of being sidelined and shafted by his own bois grew heavier.

Raymond’s yearning to contribute, to make a mark, intensified. The ball, the symbol of his chance, was elusive, slipping past his outstretched hands as if fate had conspired against him. His teammates, oblivious to his silent appeals, remained locked in their routine, their focus solely on their own plans. Kebab was taking the ball up hard, S**tin focused on he self.

As the clock ticked away towards half time,
Raymond's frustration boiled over into a maelstrom of emotion. Tears welled in his eyes, a blend of heartache, disappointment, and a sheer longing to prove his worth. He was not just pleading for the ball; he was beseeching for validation, for a chance to showcase his skill, his dedication.

In that moment, as the final whistle blew, and the game ended, Raymond stood there, a mix of emotions swirling within him. His shoulders, which had carried the weight of Samoa, the weight of captaincy….and unfulfilled anticipation, drooped. His spirit, usually unyielding, felt the sting of dejection.
The half time siren had sung its song.
0 runs
Even less tackles.
Darkness filled his mind.
Yet, amidst this desolation, a flicker of resolve burned within him.
He vowed to train harder,
to demand notice through unwavering determination, and to show his teammates the force that he truly was, the force they had overlooked.

For RFM, the game is not just about the NRL; it is about resilience, the unyielding human spirit, it is about Western Samoa, the thugg life, his isis and ninjas, and the unrelenting pursuit of one's dreams.
Brilliant

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs captain Raymond Faitala-Mariner has been told to stay away from the first day of pre-season training as the club continues its roster shake-up.

Faitala-Mariner was named the skipper in January, but now looks to be on the outer at Canterbury, with the club embarking on a massive signing spree over the summer. He was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs in September despite having two years to run on his current deal with the Bulldogs.

The first batch of Bulldogs players are required to begin their pre-season on Friday, and despite being prepared to attend, the 30-year-old won't need to attend, according to his manager.

"I have been told that he is not required at training on Friday," said Faitala-Mariner's manager, Ernesto Santone in the Sydney Morning Herald

"We would like to come to some sort of resolution to this as soon as possible. With all the innuendo of this season, and then being given permission to talk to other clubs, he still has a contract for 2024 and 2025.
"Obviously, this is coming from the club, which we need to get to the bottom of it.
"My discussions with Ray have always been that he was back on the 10th (of November). I aim to meet up with the club as soon as possible."
The Bulldogs have added Drew Hutchison, Kurt Mann, Jake Turpin and Poasa Faamausili this week, and the additions follow those of Stephen Crichton, Josh Curran, Blake Taaffe and Jaeman Salmon.
Faitala-Mariner has played 102 games for the Bulldogs since joining the club in 2016 after starting his NRL career with the Warriors.
I've always wanted to comment on the HEADING of the thread
" We need to get to the bottom of it "
Seriously, I thought your client is already there, destroying the club's trust in him after they unnecessarily extended his contract then appointed him as a club captain

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I know no more than anyone else, but the fact that he’s been on the market for 3 months, no other club wants him and now he’s groveling to Gus, tells me my gut is right.
Who said he's grovelling? He's contracted to the club for another few years on $400k a season and has every right to stay that out, if he can't find another option. Doesn't it speak of his character that he actually wants to resolve the situation rather than just flipping the club the bird and going home to collect a pay cheque for doing nothing?

Did it ever occur to you that the reason he is having difficulty securing another contract is because of toxic lies about him spread through the media and perpetuated by certain fans?

Some here would support Ciraldo's right to brand his name onto the players arses, if he took the notion to do so.... and if any player balked at bending over for the iron, you'd say they weren't team players.

Ciraldo appointed RFM to represent the players and RFM tried to do that and got the brush off. It's pretty clear to any thinking person who is to blame here.

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did it ever occur to you that the reason he is having difficulty securing another contract is because of toxic lies about him spread through the media and perpetuated by certain fans?
I’ve seen no evidence of lies being told by the club and I doubt they would. They want to move him on, it’s in their best interests to not shit on him.
Ciraldo appointed RFM to represent the players and RFM tried to do that and got the brush off. It's pretty clear to any thinking person who is to blame here.
that’s one way to look at it, another would be that he was given that position to set the standard among the players?
Not sure if complaining about hard work is the standard we want to accept?

Reactions: DDR

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until we hear the full story, I'm on rays side. Something doesn't add up and I'd blame Ciraldos man management over Ray 'being toxic'. Sounds more like ray being captain went to Ciraldo with feedback from the team and is now being held accountable for doing what his team mates asked.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would not be surprised if legal have advised the Club to try mediation for public appearances before axing him.

Buzz, before you run with this, it is pure speculation, you know, like most everything you write!
I thought Buzz only wrote fiction.

@04 Dreaming can you please confirm whether you write fiction or just speculation?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ve seen no evidence of lies being told by the club and I doubt they would. They want to move him on, it’s in their best interests to not shit on him.

that’s one way to look at it, another would be that he was given that position to set the standard among the players?
Not sure if complaining about hard work is the standard we want to accept?
I don't buy that he complained about "hard work" at all. This is a guy who has fought back from numerous career threatening injuries. The idea he'd complain about "hard work" is absurd to me.

I think he complained because he was appointed a cultural leader and he was asked to relay concerns to his coach...which in his role, he should have been able to do.

Afraid of hard work my butt, fam.

Anyway, people are entitled to differing opinions, but the way people attack him so savagely as a person. as well as a professional is pretty sad to see.

I still think the issue is one of communication breakdown and the blame rests with Ciraldo. But I'd never call him a terrible and weak person, no matter what I think about his coaching...which obviously isn't much.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't buy that he complained about "hard work" at all. This is a guy who has fought back from numerous career threatening injuries. The idea he'd complain about "hard work" is absurd to me.

I think he complained because he was appointed a cultural leader and he was asked to relay concerns to his coach...which in his role, he should have been able to do.

Anyway, people are entitled to differing opinions, but the way people attack him so savagely as a person. as well as a professional is pretty sad to see.

I still think the issue is one of communication breakdown and the blame rests with Ciraldo. But I'd never call him a terrible and weak person, no matter what I think about his coaching...which obviously isn't much.
I think 12 months ago, very few could have honestly said, hand on heart, they felt RFM is a person who would complain about hard work. He struck me as the opposite, especially what he had fought through to get back on the field.
I know know zero facts, but it certainly has a whiff about something beyond just being punted entirely for addressing 1 issue at training. Surely everyone can see that…

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Lets say it isn't true.

Buzz outed him on 360.

Why has he not gone after Buzz for an apology?

Why does he want the world (and other clubs) to believe that it is true if it isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.