News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club obviously reckons RFM has done things that aren't in the best interests of the team. Regardless of what some people are spewing out as 'facts', we don't know the full story, but the club believes they've 's seen enough to not want him around.

He can't play at FG level so I'm happy if he goes, but I hope the club isn't just digging deep for excuses to isolate him and try to somehow force his hand. In business people don't usually forget how you treated other people, and isolating people without transparency is shit. Just saying a bit more transparency would be nice.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Several players complained, hard workers like Davey went to the media and we had one of the worst injury tolls in modern sport. Dots have been connected quite clearly
If they all had knee injuries, or even remotely similar injuries, you could create some sort of correlation. But look at the variety of injuries . . . Connect the dots for me, because I can't see a tangible connection
[/QUOTE

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% if this is the case he wants back in to the team fold earn it. Start in sheild. Perform progresses to Massey then Reggie’s. Show you worth
NO!
Start out by publicly owning his fuck up!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club obviously reckons RFM has done things that aren't in the best interests of the team. Regardless of what some people are spewing out as 'facts', we don't know the full story, but the club believes they've 's seen enough to not want him around.

He can't play at FG level so I'm happy if he goes, but I hope the club isn't just digging deep for excuses to isolate him and try to somehow force his hand. In business people don't usually forget how you treated other people, and isolating people without transparency is shit. Just saying a bit more transparency would be nice.
The transparency is his powder puff performances on the field. That’s all we need to see to boot him out.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Several players complained, hard workers like Davey went to the media and we had one of the worst injury tolls in modern sport. Dots have been connected quite clearly
Go complain to your boss about working to hard see what happens.
You get paid top dollar and you want to complain, go change your career path if it’s too hard.
Also didn’t Davey just retire from parra ?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You get paid top dollar and you want to complain, go change your career path if it’s too hard.
Headknocks don’t correlate to training. To make it in the NRL as late as he did would prove he is a strong trainer

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Headknocks don’t correlate to training. To make it in the NRL as late as he did would prove he is a strong trainer
We only had one player with head knock at training and I’m pretty sure it has happened to other teams not just us.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're allowed to approach your bosses about working conditions. Surprisingly you get good results.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You're allowed to approach your bosses about working conditions. Surprisingly you get good results.
I’m in the building game and we have deadlines it can cost you100k a day if you miss the dead line, so pushing people harder to finish isn’t a bad thing.
There’s times you need to push and times to relax.
As players getting pumped every week it’s ok to push them hard.

Reactions: ATT

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Agree with what you’re saying, but I’ll add this… imagine those on here who work for someone approaching their employer to request a lighter workload on the same pay and then leak the back and forth exchanges to the media, it doesn’t (& shouldn’t) end well for the employee.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are allowed to approach a boss about working conditions but not if those conditions limit or impact one’s ability to perform the role they’re being remunerated for…. In this case, strength and fitness is a prerequisite of employment.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with what you’re saying, but I’ll add this… imagine those on here who work for someone approaching their employer to request a lighter workload on the same pay and then leak the back and forth exchanges to the media, it doesn’t (& shouldn’t) end well for the employee.
Agree, but if he’s done that, just be completely open about it and sack him. Surely a payout for sacking him wouldn’t cost more than having him sit on his arse getting paid for the next 2 years.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are allowed to approach your boss about working conditions IF those conditions fall outside your EBA or Award.

If the work conditions are part of your P.D. you don't have a case.

Most use a union to approach the boss on their behalf.

If the level requested was beyond the normal, why didn't they go to the RLPA?

Instead they went to RFM.

And he went to Buzz.

Why Buzz instead of the Union?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Davey had to retire due to his body not being up for nrl standard, it couldn't cope and he had to throw in the towel, I also believe Graham when he says that Preston smoked him at training, nicked his spot and he got the shits and bailed, only to go to the eels and retire soon after.

So if you're connecting dots they're either in different vacinities or you're drawing them yourself

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You are allowed to approach your boss about working conditions IF those conditions fall outside your EBA or Award.

If the work conditions are part of your P.D. you don't have a case.

Most use a union to approach the boss on their behalf.

If the level requested was beyond the normal, why didn't they go to the RLPA?

Instead they went to RFM.

And he went to Buzz.

Why Buzz instead of the Union?
Now get the crayons and draw it for him. Take the crayon away though the simpleton will put it where buzz has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.