News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Couldn't you explain the injuries on a difference in training regimes? It seems pretty well documented that our boys weren't used to being pushed beyond the edge, perhaps CC simply pushed them too hard?
I think there's something to that. We made it through preseason without many hiccups and it was all good vibes yet only a few months later everything has turned to shit and the players look completely run down. I seen someone mention that we were running full match sessions during the week..now I don't know if that's true or normal in the NRL but that sounds absolutely crazy to me. Couldn't even imagine Klopp doing that lol.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of who’s in the right or wrong between the club or RFM he’s a pea heart. He never plays with aggression or stands out. We should have never swapped Lane for him in the first place.
It’s not his fault we signed him for a long deal and made him club captain but it should never happened. Gary Warburton had more starch than this fraud.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there's something to that. We made it through preseason without many hiccups and it was all good vibes yet only a few months later everything has turned to shit and the players look completely run down. I seen someone mention that we were running full match sessions during the week..now I don't know if that's true or normal in the NRL but that sounds absolutely crazy to me. Couldn't even imagine Klopp doing that lol.
Haha. Klopp no but Pep?

CC and his team definitely misread the fitness of the team imo, which was a massive screw up. He's learning, so we need to take that into account but trying to push this playing group midseason I'm the short-term at least wasn't the best.

But... Looking at it from a different angle, it's weeded out players not suited to CC quicker and potentially put us on the right path sooner?

Will be interesting seeing the boys after a proper full on preseason

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Couldn't you explain the injuries on a difference in training regimes? It seems pretty well documented that our boys weren't used to being pushed beyond the edge, perhaps CC simply pushed them too hard?
If the injuries were similar, then maybe.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know no more than anyone else, but the fact that he’s been on the market for 3 months, no other club wants him and now he’s groveling to Gus, tells me my gut is right.
So because no one has gone near him in 3 months, it means he complained about training and he’s a shit cxxt. Makes lots of sense….

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So because no one has gone near him in 3 months, it means he complained about training and he’s a shit cxxt. Makes lots of sense….
no, it means that other clubs also think his attitude stinks and running to the media has made him fucken radioactive.
But it's me personally who thinks he's a shitcunt and I can spot them a mile off.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No one has gone near him because he's a squad player on 400k a season for another 2 years. I'm also not sure about this but have a feeling that the veteran player allowance (is that what it's called?) only applies for as long as he's playing for us. So if he joins another club we can't cover part of his salary using that and it would have to come directly from our cap.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can see in that picture Gus with his arms folded has pretty much told him to get fucked. And RFM with his head down realising what a dog he is. They should have just medically retired him when his foot was fucked.

Gus also needs to cop re-signing him for 3 years so quickly after he came back. What was he thinking? Should have only ever been a 1 year deal.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has gone near him because he's a squad player on 400k a season for another 2 years. I'm also not sure about this but have a feeling that the veteran player allowance (is that what it's called?) only applies for as long as he's playing for us. So if he joins another club we can't cover part of his salary using that and it would have to come directly from our cap.
Agree 100%. No one has gone near him because of his salary or playing capability… but it makes a better story if we can somehow spin it to say that no one has gone near him because of his “attitude” or “running to the media”.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still see so many of you dumb ***** are hanging onto the "training too hard" narrative as if he didn't want to do any training lmao. Fucking idiots.
Plenty of idiots on here . . . I know 1 dumb fuck that thinks Averillo is a good centre :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD Gus putting on a show with his arms crossed talking to RFM at the leagues club. Knows someones going to take that photo as has been the case 100 times before. Playing games when all this shit should be dealt with behind closed doors.
He is a master of the PR getting media into a frenzy then plays it down when it suits him, not being critical just an oberservation ,

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has been my belief all along. Ciraldo is an inexperienced coach and it's possible that something very small turned into something very big due to his mismanagement of the situation. A captain approaching a coach and sharing the players thoughts is something very normal in sport and something coaches around the world constantly deal with.

One thing that I consistently bring up on here that so many brush off is our injuries. The amount of training injuries we had was not normal and they weren't just soft tissue injuries but concussions too. Something clearly wasn't going right at training. I also think back to someone like Kiraz and wonder how on earth did he passed his fitness test when he returned from his knee injury. The bloke was literally limping his entire first game back and took weeks to even look comfortable on the field. He then finished the season with stress fractures in his lower back and that's something that can be caused by not correctly managing a player training load.
Honestly getting sick of people saying Ciraldo is inexperienced and doesn't know how to man manage properly. Please stop ignoring where he has spent the last 10 years learning his trade.
He is trying to introduce the same standards as Penrith who have been the best team in the NRL over the last 2 or 3 decades. All his ex players speak highly of him as a man manager and defensive coach.

So he comes to the bulldogs and tries to copy what's been successful at his previous club and put his own twist on it only to find out after a few months that majority of our players are soft as shit and lack hunger for success. And as soon as he tries to toughen them up and push them beyond their limits they want to bitch and moan and chuck tantrums. Well what is CC supposed to do now ? Let them run the club and his reputation into the ground ? No , You fuck them off and try to sign players that are willing to work as hard as he expects them too.

When you hear the likes of Cameron Smith , Trent Robinson and Josh Morris supporting what Ciraldo is doing while the Telecrap were bagging him you know we are on the right path

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
Here’s the thing, when was last time RFM got through a whole preseason followed by a full regular season? He’s been in a rehab cycle for a few consecutive years now. Maybe he had valid gripes to portray to head coach, maybe he misjudged expectations of what was required for being a professional athelete. Maybe he’d been suckling from the teat for too long and got lazy. Answer probably lies somewhere in between. Same goes for the truth from both the Dogs and RGM’d manager when he finally goes. Messaging from both sides will be differing but the truth lies in between.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly getting sick of people saying Ciraldo is inexperienced and doesn't know how to man manage properly. Please stop ignoring where he has spent the last 10 years learning his trade.
He is trying to introduce the same standards as Penrith who have been the best team in the NRL over the last 2 or 3 decades. All his ex players speak highly of him as a man manager and defensive coach.

So he comes to the bulldogs and tries to copy what's been successful at his previous club and put his own twist on it only to find out after a few months that majority of our players are soft as shit and lack hunger for success. And as soon as he tries to toughen them up and push them beyond their limits they want to bitch and moan and chuck tantrums. Well what is CC supposed to do now ? Let them run the club and his reputation into the ground ? No , You fuck them off and try to sign players that are willing to work as hard as he expects them too.

When you hear the likes of Cameron Smith , Trent Robinson and Josh Morris supporting what Ciraldo is doing while the Telecrap were bagging him you know we are on the right path
He's inexperienced.

• Haha
Reactions: J_B

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FMD Gus putting on a show with his arms crossed talking to RFM at the leagues club. Knows someones going to take that photo as has been the case 100 times before. Playing games when all this shit should be dealt with behind closed doors.
100%
And the fact that he was the one who rubber stamped re-signing this bozo who was almost medicly retired in 2021 to a 3yr 1.2 mil deal and handed club captaincy just makes it feel even sicker

Status
Not open for further replies.