News 'We need to get to the bottom of it': Manager baffled as Bulldogs ice out skipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The manager doesn't seem to understand the meaning of fuck off. That's the resolution - FUCK OFF.
Sorry Wrestler what exactly are you saying? :-).

The only ‘issue’ here is it appears there’s no other takers for Ray, which means he gets paid handsomely for two years to do very little. I guess in the long run however that’s a relatively minor price to pay to re-enforce that:

1) Club First
2) Team Second
3) Individual Third

Something clearly derailed during 2023 between the club and Ray - and his manager pretending they’re blindsided by it is frankly, ridiculous.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry Wrestler what exactly are you saying? :-).

The only ‘issue’ here is it appears there’s no other takers for Ray, which means he gets paid handsomely for two years to do very little. I guess in the long run however that’s a relatively minor price to pay to re-enforce that:

1) Club First
2) Team Second
3) Individual Third

Something clearly derailed during 2023 between the club and Ray - and his manager pretending they’re blindsided by it is frankly, ridiculous.
Maybe this is a little clearer...

zihd78vp5af41.jpg
(For the benefit of Raymond, Raymond's manager, and the horse that Raymond rode in on)

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If everything pointed towards appointing Ray as captain being a good choice, how is anyone to know, that 6 months later he’s going to behave in a way that destroys all trust? No one can see that except Nostradamus. As has been mentioned numerous times on here, there weren’t many good candidates, so he kind of got it by default of being a senior player who had been a Bulldog the longest. I think it’s important to point out that he wasn’t appointed team captain. Perhaps that was an error because afaik, before this Jacko was team captain and the only captain.
I was very happy for him when he was appointed club captain even though I was surprised we extend his contract, I thought why not this would bring harmony amongst the squad,
His cardinal sin was to divulge to Drunkenfield out of all people.
He's created his own path...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was very happy for him when he was appointed club captain even though I was surprised we extend his contract, I thought why not this would bring harmony amongst the squad,
His cardinal sin was to divulge to Drunkenfield out of all people.
He's created his own path...
As every Bulldog person well knows:

Moral of the story: Never. Ever. Talk to Phil (Buzzard) Frothfield.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you saw me in Granville with my crew you’d never for a second assume I wasn’t Leb/arab
Which boys from Granville?
Do you get along with the boys from merrylands?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is really it, isn't it.

It was clear RFM had the heart there throughout all the years he played but ran into a wall this season.

To see both parties dragged through the mud like this is a reflection of poor management on both ends. Especially prematurely granting him such a prestigious role in the order of the club.
If he's legitimately released rumblings that training is too tough etc, I'm not really big on the idea of him staying. I don't think it was the club who threw themselves into the spotlight by letting this get out there. Not when we're trying hard to recruit players that will improve the roster. And given that we could have abandoned him last year when his return to the playing field wasn't assured, if he's throwing the toys out of the cot now, it's pretty poor form.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His manager is the cause of most of this.
If that’s the case RFM should sack his manager apologies to the club and players and put his head down and work hard.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As every Bulldog person well knows:

Moral of the story: Never. Ever. Talk to Phil (Buzzard) Frothfield.
AND

As every rugby league player anywhere ever should now realise:

Never. Ever. Talk to Phil (Buzzard) Frothfied....he will ruin your career.

Status
Not open for further replies.