We need Folkesy back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
After watching the Tigers win tonight, thier style of defence, and just the way they are all playing for one another as players and that never say die attitude to come back from behind reminded me alot of our great days under Steve Folkes and our squad around 2002-2006. It didnt suprise me that the tigers won and i kept thinking during the Game that although Tim Sheens had his head on the tv all game sitting on sideline, it was infact Steve Folkes that was the unsung hero of their great win tonight, and also this current tigers team and the recent form they've had.

Then after the game, the Ch 9 man of the match Liam Fulton praised Steve Folkes, and credited him for turning around their season and bringing that discipline back into their game, especially thier defence and fitness levels.

Man, that was something, i would be so happy to hear if i was a Tigers Fan, because it smells of premiership success, and quite frankly, it makes me jealous.

We need Folkes back in some capacity, if not as head coach, we nneed him doinf at our club what he is doing for the Tigers atm, and we need him to improve our fitness and discipline levels on the field and bring back that siege mentality, and never say die Bulldogs attitude that took us to Grand Final success in 2004.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After watching the Tigers win tonight, thier style of defence, and just the way they are all playing for one another as players and that never say die attitude to come back from behind reminded me alot of our great days under Steve Folkes and our squad around 2002-2006. It didnt suprise me that the tigers won and i kept thinking during the Game that although Tim Sheens had his head on the tv all game sitting on sidline, it was infact Steve Folkes that was the unsung hero of their great ein tonight, and also this current tigers team and the recent form they've had.

Then after the game, the Ch 9 man of the match Liam Fulton praised Steve Folkes, and credited him for turning around their season and bringing that discipline back into their game, especially thier defence and fitness levels.

Man, that was something, i would be so happy to hear if i was a Tigers Fan, because it smells of premiership success, and quite frankly, it makes me jealous.

We need Folkes back in some capacity, if not as head coach, we nneed him doinf at our club what he is doing for the Tigers atm, and we need him to improve our fitness and discipline levels on the field and bring back that siege mentality, and never say die Bulldogs attitude that took us to Grand Final success in 2004.
Dragons assistant coach next year. and with a bit of luck may even be their first grade coach

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Dragons assistant coach next year. and with a bit of luck may even be their first grade coach
yeah thats the downside, atleast for the next 2 years he's tied up with them, but obviously, if our current form doesnt change over the next 2 years, i'd bring Folkes back to belmore..

Clearly, we've not achieve much since he left, and we need to return to a competitive and feared team that we used to be

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yeah thats the downside, atleast for the next 2 years he's tied up with them, but obviously, if our current form doesnt change over the next 2 years, i'd bring Folkes back to belmore..

Clearly, we've not achieve much since he left, and we need to return to a competitive and feared team that we used to be
The question is; does he wanna come back ? He has moved on to Tigers then Saints. You get the feeling he is sick of the boardroom politics and most likely still has a grudge. and i remember reading once he wasn't happy with the direction of the club

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
The question is; does he wanna come back ? He has moved on to Tigers then Saints. You get the feeling he is sick of the bedroom politics and most likely has a grudge. and i remember reading once he wasn't happy with the direction of the club
you mean boardroom politics?

We've not had any positions for him to apply for since he left, but i guess he may still hold a grudge with the way he left in 2008, becuase i'm sure he'd have done alot better then Kevin Moore if he had been given another at the top.

The club is still close to his heart as evidenced when he came out earlier in the year (June 21) to question whether the current Bulldogs team could tap into the club's famed besieged mentality.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lldogs-dont-have-the-bite-20110620-1gbzw.html

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no disrespect to lobster, but i'd have folkes back in charge of our fitness and conditioning any day of the week

dogslyfe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
folkes seems like a bit of a hard ****

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tigers defence was amazing for the Dragons first try!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Having a good roster makes people look good.
When the cream left the Dogs Folkes was flat out trying to rev the team up.
We wanted him gone faster than Moore.
Still a dog at heart but Dymock is on a winner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Having a good roster makes people look good.
When the cream left the Dogs Folkes was flat out trying to rev the team up.
We wanted him gone faster than Moore.
Still a dog at heart but Dynock is on a winner.

Agreed, although you'll find back then i was more sympathetic towards Folkes then i ws toward Moore this year.. I always rated and still rate Folkes as great coach, and dont blame him for our decline in 07-08 what so ever

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Folkes always made the team have brutal defence in the forwards at the very least...

Problem was he did get old fashioned, but if he were to agree to join the club again as conditioning/fitness coach along with defense, it'd be a boon for the club. Our defence has been p!ss poor ever since he left....Still hell no to Folkes as head coach again...he got it right in the forwards but the backs...that was a catastrophe

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folkes always made the team have brutal defence in the forwards at the very least...

Problem was he did get old fashioned, but if he were to agree to join the club again as conditioning/fitness coach along with defense, it'd be a boon for the club. Our defence has been p!ss poor ever since he left....Still hell no to Folkes as head coach again...he got it right in the forwards but the backs...that was a catastrophe
totally agree with this,he instilled old fashion tough defense but it was all retro era style of attack with no emphasis on modern day use of speed,.and speaking of speed there was a lack of speedy backs developed and promoted for the top grade but as a conditioning/defense coach he ticks all the boxes

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Agreed! no penetration in attack at all.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
A full off season under Dymock and we will be defending like that, if not better as we will be smashing people old school style

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
****ing rofl copter no penetration in attack.

2004 we scored an absolute ****load of points, we were putting 30 on teams every week let alone 40 or 50. Ditto 2006 and many teams in this comp would have considered 2007 a very successful year.

Folkes got sacked for one bad year in 2008, and by many of you people and our fans who get brain washed into certain things and follow like little sheep until they are gone. It happened again this year with Andrew Ryan, last year with Patten etc etc, then when they go we get 500 threads from the same people thanking their service.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Agree with Berries, watch the 2004 Bulldogs high lights dvd, it shows every try of the season. There are PLENTY and most of them are awesome. Lolesi killed that year

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
bulldog fans who want to drive out patten, folkes, kimmorley and ryan deserve what they get as a result

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching the Tigers win tonight, thier style of defence, and just the way they are all playing for one another as players and that never say die attitude to come back from behind reminded me alot of our great days under Steve Folkes and our squad around 2002-2006. It didnt suprise me that the tigers won and i kept thinking during the Game that although Tim Sheens had his head on the tv all game sitting on sideline, it was infact Steve Folkes that was the unsung hero of their great win tonight, and also this current tigers team and the recent form they've had.

Yes please
Let's get Folks back

Status
Not open for further replies.