We need a strong ball running 2nd rower

Status
Not open for further replies.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
With the loss of our machine the BEASTWOOD i think we are going to miss him in 2010.. i dont belive Warburton is the answer or player we need...
he has zero in attack and with all the class we now have out wide we could be getting more out of them... i know last nights game is over and good luck to Parra.. but if we had someone Like SBW, Frank Pritchard, Dave taylor you get my point some one who can offload the ball and attract defenders we would be a total different team and would have nailed parra last night.. Warburton is a good bloke and he is a no frills kind of player dont get me wrong every team need that kind of player but i think we have Stagg and we would be better severed with a bigger stronger 2nd rower who can offload the ball.. you need 2nd phase play to win big games these days.. one out running is old style boring footy..

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Actually, if you've been watching closely (which obviously you haven't), Warbs is adding other dimensions to his attack, and is running better lines. I've seen this over the last 8 weeks. His metres per hitup statistic has also improved greatly over that period of time. What does that tell you?

Stop looking for people to blame for our loss.

Personally, I think he's on par with Ryan, who hasn't seen good attacking form in a long while.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Actually, if you've been watching closely (which obviously you haven't), Warbs is adding other dimensions to his attack, and is running better lines. I've seen this over the last 8 weeks. His metres per hitup statistic has also improved greatly over that period of time. What does that tell you?

Personally, I think he's on par with Ryan, who hasn't seen good attacking form in a long while.
Im not looking for people to blame!!! i agree i think ryan is not the player he once was, and also dont belive he is still a 80min player..
but like i said.. i have never seen Warbs offload or ever threaten the defence.. I belive he is not the player we need in the 2nd row...

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

But he's a "no frills player" so no matter what he does he will always be average at best.

:whacky:

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. Waburton is developing well though. I think we will see some brilliant attack from him next year.

Agree on Andrew Ryan. Good player but past his best in attack.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Im not looking for people to blame!!! i agree i think ryan is not the player he once was, and also dont belive he is still a 80min player..
but like i said.. i have never seen Warbs offload or ever threaten the defence.. I belive he is not the player we need in the 2nd row...
Well it's a coincidence then that you didn't make this thread while we were winning aye. ;)

Ryan has made around 3 or 4 offloads ALL year for memory, and hasn't threatened the defence. Why don't you make one for him too?

We'll re-visit this issue next year. Warbs has been improving greatly over the past 8 weeks as I said, so give him a little time yeah? It's only his 1st full season in 1st grade, yet you expect him to be damaging. Let's see what Moore can do with him in the off-season.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a strong ball runner and a ball playing back rower... I dont watch the Tigers so dont know exactly what Halatau brings definately not size

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Well it's a coincidence then that you didn't make this thread while we were winning aye. ;)

Ryan has made around 3 or 4 offloads ALL year for memory, and hasn't threatened the defence. Why don't you make one for him too?

We'll re-visit this issue next year. Warbs has been improving greatly over the past 8 weeks as I said, so give him a little time yeah? It's only his 1st full season in 1st grade, yet you expect him to be damaging. Let's see what Moore can do with him in the off-season.
well there has to be some mass changes if he is going to be as you say DAMAGING... maybe he should hit the steroids or else there will be no damage..lol

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
well there has to be some mass changes if he is going to be as you say DAMAGING... maybe he should hit the steroids or else there will be no damage..lol
I'm not saying damaging, YOU are, by saying we need a strong ball runner.

GOD some people are dumb. :sleepy:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Halatau, Warburton, and Gordon will be going for that 11 jersey next year...

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I'm not saying damaging, YOU are, by saying we need a strong ball runner.

GOD some people are dumb. :sleepy:
lol... like i said i think he is a top bloke ave player at best.... if you think the kids a freak go right ahead =)

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
lol... like i said i think he is a top bloke ave player at best.... if you think the kids a freak go right ahead =)
When did I even suggest he was a freak?

Learn to read mate.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
We also got Mickey Paea next season and he is a strong runner

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
When did I even suggest he was a freak?

Learn to read mate.
lol... relax Slippery we havein a laugh mate cheer up... we support the same team... =) i just think he is not the right bloke we need...

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
lol... relax Slippery we havein a laugh mate cheer up... we support the same team... =) i just think he is not the right bloke we need...
we do need warburton.. its not bad having two players that can make 30+ tackles a game.. nothing wrong with having a starting attacking second rower then resting him then slotting in the workhorse...

it's a tactical thing.. imo it's ****ing awesome having two workaholics in a team..
they burn themselves out while the other second rowers or impact players do the attacking stuff...

think about it

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
we do need warburton.. its not bad having two players that can make 30+ tackles a game.. nothing wrong with having a starting attacking second rower then resting him then slotting in the workhorse...

it's a tactical thing.. imo it's ****ing awesome having two workaholics in a team..
they burn themselves out while the other second rowers or impact players do the attacking stuff...

think about it
its good havein 5 work horses in you team but where do you fit them all in.. =) you need a good blind of both..

za_za360

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We could be better with one, but our team really doesnt need another one.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that this is the role that Jamal idris will eventually slot into. He is a bit cumbersome out in the centres, but is ideal as a hard running second rower.

Status
Not open for further replies.