We need a halfback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In my opinion , if a eam is going to be competetive , then a class halfback is what u need ! Take a look at the top teams , Cronk , Prince , Thurston , Orford , etc.............Holdsworth is a tryer , but thats it ! He doesn't run the show , like a halfback should !
We have some cash , so lets make a play for Micheal Monaghan ! We need some direction BIG TIME !

H

Haztrick

We have NO ****ing halfback

If Holdsworth wasn't a half decent kicker, he would be thin air.

This is NOT a 'blame it on DJ' thread. The Roosters we're great and we were not. But Holdsworth is not a half back and he again proved it tonight. He did NOTHING but kick a few half decent kicks. He failed to find touch on one attempt and his passing, well, *cringes*. He has no creativity, no running game, he can't set anything up.

We are playing with NO half back.

If I were 'Dogs management, I'd do my best to get Gower over here now if those rumours were true. We need a half back quick smart.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
In my opinion , if a eam is going to be competetive , then a class halfback is what u need ! Take a look at the top teams , Cronk , Prince , Thurston , Orford , etc.............Holdsworth is a tryer , but thats it ! He doesn't run the show , like a halfback should !
We have some cash , so lets make a play for Micheal Monaghan ! We need some direction BIG TIME !
agrees halfback and winger
Holdsworth is putrid once again he got out played
this is frustrating to watch an 18 yr old kid move a team around and yet holdsworth has no farkinnnnnnnnnnnnn idea

the_gamee

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Again, Holdsworth may have a 7 on his back but he plays like a 6 and vice verser with roberts, its just like that so there playing at different sides of the field.

I tried defending this guy a few weeks ago, but you guys are right, he has had 4 games to prove himself, i think give someone else a chance..

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to say, agree. DJ has been trying hard but he just ain't a half back. I know I've been saying he's a 5/8, unfortunately confidence will be low. We need to go with Groom before spending big.

Gutty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong......he is out there busting his arse............trouble is , he has no direction !

Beau_Dog

Rated
Reaction score
Look to be honest we played a much better team tonight! im sure every dog tried hard tonight but at the end of the day, we have no structure in the halves! roberts has serious talent to work with but for gods sake give groom a go!!! after tonight what have they got to lose???

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bring groom up is a good idea , holdsworth has had his chances , time for some fresh talent to bring fresh attacking options

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Groom for sure. We signed him for a reason. Let's see if we were right, and he can play some footy. DJ tried hard, and I am sure he would be pi**ed, but he just doesn't have the goods.

Give Groom a go!

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also need a quality prop. We got steamrolled in the forwards. All those members who keep saying we don't need to spend big on players, what a load of bull****. That game tonight showed us we lack a few quality props, a halfback and some tall fast wingers. Apparently though the dogs are out of the market to buy players until coaching position is sorted out. if the dogs management don't fukin get off their arses and sign up some quality players then it won't be long before Sonny Bill has had enough and asks for a release.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Groom for sure. We signed him for a reason. Let's see if we were right, and he can play some footy. DJ tried hard, and I am sure he would be pi**ed, but he just doesn't have the goods.

Give Groom a go!
folkes won't give groom a go. Simple as that. What the fans see folkes can't see.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the end of the day you need quality.
The ONLY reason the roosters are doing well, is because of their quality recruits

phillip

Belmore boundary rider
Reaction score
Our halves were always going to be sus this year. Roberts probably had his best game yet this year to bad the bloke inside him could help out with a solid performance. And what is it at the scrum base where Roberts is playing the half back role?

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know everyone here hates him, but why not corey ?

he has been there, he has experience, he is a leader

we don't have many options, but holdsworth clearly aint the answer

H

Haztrick

Groom is injured and hasn't played for a few weeks due to a bad cork. We can't bring him in. What about Trindal who we just signed? Even if the **** comes on and nails someone with a whiteboard, it's more than what Dudsworth does.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We also need a quality prop. We got steamrolled in the forwards. All those members who keep saying we don't need to spend big on players, what a load of bull****. That game tonight showed us we lack a few quality props, a halfback and some tall fast wingers. Apparently though the dogs are out of the market to buy players until coaching position is sorted out. if the dogs management don't fukin get off their arses and sign up some quality players then it won't be long before Sonny Bill has had enough and asks for a release.
Absolutely!

Our management had better start doing something, as we were outgunned, BADLY tonight.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
im not sure if anyone is keen on coming to the dogs, even carl webb knocked back a offer

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
i know everyone here hates him, but why not corey ?

he has been there, he has experience, he is a leader

we don't have many options, but holdsworth clearly aint the answer

I have a lot of time for Corey and definetly worth a shot, but first Sullivan needs to rememebr there is very good option on the left hand side. he constantly went to the freaking right where holdsworth is.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad Carl Webb knocked us back. Seriously, we should be throwing big money for Anthony Tupou.

Btw.. I must have missed something. Have which Trindall did we sign?

Gutty

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The FORWARDS need a HALFBACK to steer them around ! LET"S START THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.