We lost but im proud of the effort.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a few more games up their sleeves to get the timing right and for the squad to jell and barring injuries, we should be in the top 8 in September.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gutted. Wanted that win badly.

Average call to not say burns was impeded in herbies second try.

Rough it wasn’t held when he was stripped too.

Okonbor has some good runs but geez he’s weak out there.

Pangai huge.

Really coming around to Thompson being let go. Jackson being moved on. Sutton and kikau in and big money on a decent 7!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All I wanted to see this year was improvement.
We played much better than last week.
The fact we didnt give away dumb penalties, players were disciplined gave ourselves a chance.
Shame we didnt get the win but I think there were positives for the team to build on.
We all knew theyd target Okunbors wing and would have some success from there tonight.
Anywho's now that the initial dissappointment is fading Im already looking forward to next weeks game.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As disappointing as the result is, we have to remember, half the guys in the team are new. I think we showed a lot of improvement from last week in attack, just couldn't find the last pass etc.

Okunbor also cost us big time. His defense is shocking and he turns like a semitrailer.

The positives? TPJ played very well leading (tied with Naden) with 20 runs/150m, 2 tbs and 7 offloads. Naden was also excellent making 168m from his 20 runs.

Dufty, Burton, JMK and BBO were all good. Waddell and Hetherington put up great numbers too.

A 6 pt loss can just be put down to a few lapses and being soft in defence. Mainly Oko! We also need better decisions in the oppo 20m.

It's only round 2 and that game had semi like intensity. Broncos played well especially their forwards an Farnworth. Reynolds organised them well too. Losing by a try to them isn't terrible.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thought the forwards really showed up, played with aggression and intent. JAC has really made a difference In dragging the boys enthusiasm and teamwork up.
Burton is a gun
Proud of the effort a bit more class and we will be right.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. I agree on that part. Okunbor is our Achilles heel. I can't remember how many times he gets caught out of position. Baz needs to drop him if Allan is fit.
I’m not a fan of her but either but I don’t see how she can be blamed for the tries. I thought burns was to blame for the try off the scrum. The kick over her head was perfection from Kelly.
Definitely missing some venom in the carries tonight though.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gutted. Wanted that win badly.

Average call to not say burns was impeded in herbies second try.

Rough it wasn’t held when he was stripped too.

Okonbor has some good runs but geez he’s weak out there.

Pangai huge.

Really coming around to Thompson being let go. Jackson being moved on. Sutton and kikau in and big money on a decent 7!
100% agree about Thompson. I rather keep Vaughan and have Sutton for the cost of his salary.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we will win 1 or 2 during the upcoming ‘horror’ few weeks.

I really do.
I'm not as concerned as most others. Manly have been average, Storm not much better and Souths are crap. Penrith will be the only real test, but you never know. If Baz keeps picking Oko, Trbo could have a field day.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Today we showed we have potential to beat any team if we want to, I'm sure we will put in effort going forward and who knows we might surprise some teams.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just waiting for JAC to run the field for a try or for SOMEONE to support when a break happens.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The intensity was there, execution and carrying two reserve graders was the difference. Broncos didn't have any major weaknesses like we did and they exploited it well.

Reaction score
after seeing the contributions of blokes on far lesser salary, luke thompson has got a LONG LONG LOOOONG way to go towards appearing to be worthy of elite money.

i'm all up for professional athlete's to earn massive contracts, but if you're gonna take top tier level cash at least give the club some value in return

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As disappointing as the result is, we have to remember, half the guys in the team are new. I think we showed a lot of improvement from last week in attack, just couldn't find the last pass etc.

Okunbor also cost us big time. His defense is shocking and he turns like a semitrailer.

The positives? TPJ played very well leading (tied with Naden) with 20 runs/150m, 2 tbs and 7 offloads. Naden was also excellent making 168m from his 20 runs.

Dufty, Burton, JMK and BBO were all good. Waddell and Hetherington put up great numbers too.

A 6 pt loss can just be put down to a few lapses and being soft in defence. Mainly Oko! We also need better decisions in the oppo 20m.

It's only round 2 and that game had semi like intensity. Broncos played well especially their forwards an Farnworth. Reynolds organised them well too. Losing by a try to them isn't terrible.
Agree with everything stated here.
We really lack an on field game manager. Had enough possession and field position to post points but came up empty. It was a million times better than last few years though so hope it continues