We Knock the Drags Out Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'm fucking tingly and shit, haven't felt like this watching a Dogs game for a very long time. Dragons got all the calls, all the luck, but naa we still fucking did it.
Fuckin this.. the fix was in but Dogs stuffed it. That's why I love em..!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another St George first..................
The only NRL team to lead the comp at the beginning of the year and not make the eight!! Fact!
It's disappointing that they won't be able to defend the premiership they won in June

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at that game as well. We might have seen each other.........only kidding you my dear brother. I remember a young Saints supporter sitting behind us crying.
That's right. His dad was saying how it was a sad day for football.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It's disappointing that they won't be able to defend the premiership they won in June
Yep the other thing I will accuse my St George mates of is going off way to early. They win three in a row and these guys seriously start planning who is buying the Lamb for the spit on GF day.. That's actually not a joke either.

Also if it was the exact opposite situation and they knocked us out of the finals I can guarantee at least 5 or 6 different texts (from different groups of people not just friends) giving it to me. I on the other hand choose not to rub it in as it's a cock head move. Anyway Dragons fans rant over.

Last edited:

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dragons choked hard, they had the lead with 15mins to go. Dugan at the end crying LOL

Hopoate & Lichaa had their best game of the season.
Dugan was crying because he forgot to bring a crate of Breeza's

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I don't know why he's crying. He's off to the Sharks to retire on a fat $3,000,000 pay cheque. At least he has a chance of winning a Premiership there!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good was that? It made my day; not just for the fact that we won, which was nice, but ONCE AGAIN we have ended Merge's season.Glorious!!!

Went to the game with no idea whether or not we could do the job, but when I saw the Dragons players WALKING after 25 minutes when they had a greater majority of the ball that we WOULD win it. They were the ones who had the chance to be in the finals series of 2017 but they certainly did not apply themselves too well.

Sat with thousands of Dogs fans on the western side of the field and that was a clever ploy, probably by the broadcaster and the NRL that the seats along the side line from goal to goal were to be GA with no reserved seats available. A 50/50 split between clubs. Made it seem that the stadium was half full, until you saw other sections of the ground. From where we sat the members area for the Dragons on the tunnel side looked positively bare. ( just over 21k there and I reckon from the noise and the colours pretty much 12k or more of those were dogs fans. ).

We were ahead by two at the break but that try on half time from the Drag queens could have been our undoing and there was a sense from some opposition fans that they were going to roll us. Several who were conspicuous by their absence in our Bulldogs area in the first forty parked themselves near us just after half time looking to shall we say "stir the pot ". Well, when the queens scored into the second half to grab the lead, they were really giving it to us.When the penalty goal went over..they were ramping up the fun no end. BUT>>>>>>>

As is their want, the perennial chokers of the NRL got their comeuppance in the form of a comeback from our boys who really rose to the occasion. Pretty heart in the mouth stuff for the latter part of the second 40 but oh my when Michael "unleashed' and scored under the posts to put us back in front...Brave Dog and the army went into raptures..well, yeah, we all did.

The sight of Drag queens players lying on the ground after the siren and the looks on the supporters faces said it all. I know that if the shoe had been on the other foot we would have been the same but we all knew that our season was done weeks ago so we had nothing to lose and everything to gain but then again....so did the opposition.

If St George had of won they ( like the Cowboys who have taken their spot) would only have been cannon fodder, not even nuisance value really.

St George won just about every positive stat, bar a few , having more possession, better completion, less missed tackles and a penalty count of 8-3. If only we could have shown as much commitment and nous over the previous 23 rounds we just might have had a fair go ourselves in the finals series. Our players all came over to us after the game but were unable to get close to the fence to shake hands etc. only down behind the goal area where it was not effectively blocked off by ropes or sponsor signage. It was with the realisation that James Graham HAS gone that made it bittersweet. Denied a fitting send off by our home fans he cut a bit of a lonely figure as he walked slowly away from us and across the field to make his way to the dressing sheds.

Well, it was a season of what ifs and whys, so we now need to look forward to next year and try to get the club back to where it has been in the past and where it should be; in the finals and a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Have heard that Dugan did not miss the courtesy bus back to the leagues club after the game....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How good was that? It made my day; not just for the fact that we won, which was nice, but ONCE AGAIN we have ended Merge's season.Glorious!!!

Went to the game with no idea whether or not we could do the job, but when I saw the Dragons players WALKING after 25 minutes when they had a greater majority of the ball that we WOULD win it. They were the ones who had the chance to be in the finals series of 2017 but they certainly did not apply themselves too well.

Sat with thousands of Dogs fans on the western side of the field and that was a clever ploy, probably by the broadcaster and the NRL that the seats along the side line from goal to goal were to be GA with no reserved seats available. A 50/50 split between clubs. Made it seem that the stadium was half full, until you saw other sections of the ground. From where we sat the members area for the Dragons on the tunnel side looked positively bare. ( just over 21k there and I reckon from the noise and the colours pretty much 12k or more of those were dogs fans. ).

We were ahead by two at the break but that try on half time from the Drag queens could have been our undoing and there was a sense from some opposition fans that they were going to roll us. Several who were conspicuous by their absence in our Bulldogs area in the first forty parked themselves near us just after half time looking to shall we say "stir the pot ". Well, when the queens scored into the second half to grab the lead, they were really giving it to us.When the penalty goal went over..they were ramping up the fun no end. BUT>>>>>>>

As is their want, the perennial chokers of the NRL got their comeuppance in the form of a comeback from our boys who really rose to the occasion. Pretty heart in the mouth stuff for the latter part of the second 40 but oh my when Michael "unleashed' and scored under the posts to put us back in front...Brave Dog and the army went into raptures..well, yeah, we all did.

The sight of Drag queens players lying on the ground after the siren and the looks on the supporters faces said it all. I know that if the shoe had been on the other foot we would have been the same but we all knew that our season was done weeks ago so we had nothing to lose and everything to gain but then again....so did the opposition.

If St George had of won they ( like the Cowboys who have taken their spot) would only have been cannon fodder, not even nuisance value really.

St George won just about every positive stat, bar a few , having more possession, better completion, less missed tackles and a penalty count of 8-3. If only we could have shown as much commitment and nous over the previous 23 rounds we just might have had a fair go ourselves in the finals series. Our players all came over to us after the game but were unable to get close to the fence to shake hands etc. only down behind the goal area where it was not effectively blocked off by ropes or sponsor signage. It was with the realisation that James Graham HAS gone that made it bittersweet. Denied a fitting send off by our home fans he cut a bit of a lonely figure as he walked slowly away from us and across the field to make his way to the dressing sheds.

Well, it was a season of what ifs and whys, so we now need to look forward to next year and try to get the club back to where it has been in the past and where it should be; in the finals and a force to be reckoned with.
Nice wrap up of the game as seen by a supporter who was there. Watching on TV, I kept thinking it has to be St. George's game. They had the penalties 7-1 yet were still behind by two at half time. They also had the benefit of a Montoya knock back being ruled a knock on, a knee in the play the ball on tackle one gifting them possession, a st.George hand knocking the ball over the touch in goal but a line drop out ruled. Heaps of back to back sets of six on our line. So, when they hit the lead, I expected the rulings to keep going heavily to the Dragons. The refs kept them in the game, but the Dogs refused to give up. I had to pinch myself at the end; everything was set up for the Dragons to win on the bell; but we won despite the odds. It was the best win all year.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why he's crying. He's off to the Sharks to retire on a fat $3,000,000 pay cheque. At least he has a chance of winning a Premiership there!
Na. That ship has sailed. It's all downhill for the Sharks for the next 10 years......

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love it. Time to drink.

Anymore you can think of?

1995 Elimination Semi
1998 Elimination Semi
2015 Elimination Semi
2017 Eliminate them from definite Finals spot

Yeeehaaa. All my Dragons mates are copping it right now. I encourage you all to rub it in to any Drags fans you know.
1942 GF W 11-9
1976 Minor SF W 25-9
1983 Minor SF W 26-24

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Na. That ship has sailed. It's all downhill for the Sharks for the next 10 years......
Perhaps, but I reckon they'll still be a better chance than the Dragons.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps, but I reckon they'll still be a better chance than the Dragons.
Now you're not playing fair. Even when the Dragons were leading the comp this year I was confident (and told plenty of my Dragons mates) that they wouldn't make the 8. They couldn't line up quick enough to have a crack. Golf on Monday - not one of them wearing a red shirt and there's me in my bulldogs polo! It was like I was at sniper training. They were all hiding behind bushes.... So, yes I agree with you the Sharks will do better than the Dragons next year and probably for the next decade but they still won't win another comp.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
And Hoppa wanted Sundays off, Hoppa versus Dugan was a good battle.
We should of went better last year.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We also ended their 11 year premiership win streak in a finals match edit I was too lazy to read in

Status
Not open for further replies.