Wars - Lack of Compassion

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My son is a bit of a history nerd, and has particular interest in WW2 in particular.
As a result of his interest I have also been delving deep into learning about ww2 and other wars.

I have come to the realisation that people are completely heartless blood thirsty savages.

Now I'm not talking about soldiers v soldiers here.

I'm talking about the other shitstorm.
When army's conquer towns, and cities all through history in all wars and even right now the soldiers kill and torture innocent civilians, rape woman, even your girls, even old ladies.
Kill kids, kill elderly, Did I mention torture???

This is on mass, during every conflict for ever.

I absolutely could not look a person in the eye as they are pleding for their life and commit any of those terrible acts.
And I can even imagine ever being able to listen to the sounds of suffering and screaming and begging to stop and spare them.
I just couldn't do it.

But clearly I'd be the exception to the rule.
Clearly most men are more than willing to act out terrible things to people.

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole the last week and am absolutely sick by what I have learnt.

And knowing it's currently happening right now in the Ukraine for example and other parts of the world is very sad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched a doco a while back about US Military training. It talked about civil war battles. After the battles they would go around and collect the rifles of the dead and they found that at least 50% of the rifles were never fired because they didn't want to kill.

After that the US military introduced training that encourages soldiers to effectively become robots. Shoot without any thought or emotion.

But that was Americans vs Americans. It's much different when the opposition isn't your neighbours.

And it's not just wars. There was very little opposition to the English colonising Australia, yet they decimated the local population with the wiping out of the Indigenous Tasmanians being the only recorded actual genocide.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
People always tell me they want war, I tell them to join the Army and you get a jeep and a machine gun not to mention green shirts, they fight good wars.
Sure I fuck up occaisionly but I couldnt of done it without them.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My son is a bit of a history nerd, and has particular interest in WW2 in particular.
As a result of his interest I have also been delving deep into learning about ww2 and other wars.

I have come to the realisation that people are completely heartless blood thirsty savages.

When army's conquer towns, and cities all through history in all wars and even right now the soldiers kill and torture innocent civilians, rape woman, even your girls, even old ladies.

I absolutely could not look a person in the eye as they are pleding for their life and commit any of those terrible acts.
And I can even imagine ever being able to listen to the sounds of suffering and screaming and begging to stop and spare them.
I just couldn't do it.

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole the last week and am absolutely sick by what I have learnt.

And knowing it's currently happening right now in the Ukraine for example and other parts of the world is very sad.
Violence has been the way people have attacked and defended anything of importance since the dawn of time. But now it's a money making machine . . .

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I watched a doco a while back about US Military training. It talked about civil war battles. After the battles they would go around and collect the rifles of the dead and they found that at least 50% of the rifles were never fired because they didn't want to kill.

After that the US military introduced training that encourages soldiers to effectively become robots. Shoot without any thought or emotion.

But that was Americans vs Americans. It's much different when the opposition isn't your neighbours.

And it's not just wars. There was very little opposition to the English colonising Australia, yet they decimated the local population with the wiping out of the Indigenous Tasmanians being the only recorded actual genocide.
Europeans have been decimating native populations, by disease alone for centuries

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did Adolph Hitler use loud speakers to instruct everyone?
Hope Australia never has anything like that, what a way to soap box your political ambition,

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a known fact that out of about one hundred average soldiers (not elite), only ten or so do the bulk of the killing the rest spray and pray.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Did Adolph Hitler use loud speakers to instruct everyone?
Hope Australia never has anything like that, what a way to soap box your political ambition,
Hitler was anti communist.
Australia is a communist state.
Nazi Germany would see modern Australia as an enemy!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's difficult to understand how the Japanese culture today emphasizes respect, harmony and humility but the imperial army's actions in WWII were contradictory and over the top ruthless. The stories you hear about what these soldiers did to native populations or prisoners was crazy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's difficult to understand how the Japanese culture today emphasizes respect, harmony and humility but the imperial army's actions in WWII were contradictory and over the top ruthless. The stories you hear about what these soldiers did to native populations or prisoners was crazy.
Japanese ideas fo respect and honour were always pretty skewed. Hollywood likes to show Samurai being honourable and respectful. But their idea of honour and respect was challenging an enemy to his face instead of stabbing him in the back. They would also tell civilians that they are going to be raped and murdered before they raped and murdered them.

Even now days their idea of respect is not complaining when the boss expects them to work hours overtime without any extra pay, and that respect only extends to Japanese born people. Foreigners living in Japan are usually treated like second class citizens.

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you're like a drone operator back on home soil you just drop the bombs ....almost a bit unreal, like a vid game, and way distant from who you took out.
If you're in a plane you just drop the load, back to base and kick the feet up.....it's not as personal as killing on the ground where that must be hard the 1st time.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno about the whole "most men" thing I mean it depends on the war I guess but there's plenty of people who have fought in wars for genuine reasons, there's also plenty of people who didn't want to be in a war.. that's where you could use "most".. we have family members who are German but fought for Australia.. I doubt they felt good about the situation.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hitler was anti communist.
Australia is a communist state.
Nazi Germany would see modern Australia as an enemy!
Zieg Heil Achtung!
No winners in war when theres dead people, put things back the way they were.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just couldn't do it.

All, as a result of VERY TRUE and I mean VERY TRUE Love of God and all mankind ie. the lack of faith in God as taught by True Christians (although not always practiced by some).
It is noticeable however, that the predominent Catholic/ Orthadox dominated Contries are less millitery minded hence less prepared for war, not that they are perfect either.
It's also clear that Hindus, Sieks Budists, and some others apears to be more peace loving people than the Masonic dominated Countries.

Last edited:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All, as a result of VERY TRUE and I mean VERY TRUE Love of God and all mankind ie. the lack of faith in God as taught by True Christians (although not always practiced by some).
It is noticeable however, that the predominent Catholic/ Orthadox dominated Contries are less millitery minded hence less prepared for war, not that they are perfect either.
It's also clear that Hindus, Sieks Budists, and some others apears to be more peace loving people than the Masonic dominated Countries.
I'm not sure about all that,
I don't think it matters what race, or religion.
I honestly think humans as an entire species are by and large cruel tribal arseholes.
The more I learn about people the more I am learning to literally hate people.
There is more bad than good in people.
That's a literal fact.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
War is evil, started by evil people that will never even get close to the front line.
Exactly right.
Look at Hitler the weak gutted dog.
Encouraged and expected the German people to risk their life and fight to the bitter end, abd beyond.
As he hid in his tunnel then when all was lost he shot himself cause he was to pussy to either fight or face the consequences.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Japanese ideas fo respect and honour were always pretty skewed. Hollywood likes to show Samurai being honourable and respectful. But their idea of honour and respect was challenging an enemy to his face instead of stabbing him in the back. They would also tell civilians that they are going to be raped and murdered before they raped and murdered them.

Even now days their idea of respect is not complaining when the boss expects them to work hours overtime without any extra pay, and that respect only extends to Japanese born people. Foreigners living in Japan are usually treated like second class citizens.
Totally true,
There wasn't much honor or respect shown by anyone during ww2 from what I can tell.
By and large a lot of deplorable acts to other people is really all that happened.

Japanese are just people like everyone else.
And do all the same shit to other people as anyone else from anywhere else will do.
They are no better or worse.

You mentioned Australian colonisation in one of your posts.
It's been labled by some as a war also.

I don't run with the narrative that the indigenous were these innocent victims in all that.
Before white settlement the indigenous tribes were in constant conflict with each other and tribe take overs and mass killings of tribes and what not.
They were not at peace with each other at all.
When the brittish invaded, the indigenous extended their hostilities to the white invader.
Let's be honest, they knew no better.
They were literally living wild in nature.

I don't believe the Brits set out to intentionally wipe out the indigenous or commit genocide.
I think it was the result of conflict and the Brits had an unfair advantage of weapons

No different to how the Brits wiped out the Tasmanian tiger.
Wiping them out completely was not the intention.
But it's what happened as a result of conflict.

All proves my point that all people from all ethnicity and religion are all guilty of on mass since all time have been cruel selfish bastards.

The extinction of Neanderthal is another example

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very very True Bro, Vertually all wars were started by egotistic political skum, sitting a long away from the front.
. . . Who work on commission for weapons manufacturers . . . Unless of course they are shareholders of those companies . . . Oh wait, same same