War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength...

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a forum....literally a place for opinions. It would be pretty boring and uninspired if we all dealt solely with established facts.

Some of us are very concerned about the direction the club is headed under these two and don't like us getting rid of highly regarded juniors and long term development players. I just don't get the whole trust the process thing when the process saw us getting our butts handed to us all year.
Some are concerned about the direction the clubs heading in … that’s hilarious !

Wake up, the club hasn’t seen finals footy in 7 years.

Gould & Ciraldo can’t just come in and repeat what’s previously been getting done.

A whole new concept in training, defence, attack and where the clubs heading in the future is being introduced, a bunch haven’t bought in, it’s lead to diversion in the team and that’s what’s lead to the leaked points.

Give those that are working their asses off more than one season to fix the deep seeded problems.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You really should be above that sort of nonsense.
You, 'Gun, should be above the nonsense of inventing silly names for your targets, like Ciraldope and Ciraldud. It is the lowest level of schoolboy humour, and you are capable of much better than that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Some are concerned about the direction the clubs heading in … that’s hilarious !

Wake up, the club hasn’t seen finals footy in 7 years.

Gould & Ciraldo can’t just come in and repeat what’s previously been getting done.

A whole new concept in training, defence, attack and where the clubs heading in the future is being introduced, a bunch haven’t bought in, it’s lead to diversion in the team and that’s what’s lead to the leaked points.

Give those that are working their asses off more than one season to fix the deep seeded problems.
Lol here we go again with the Ciraldo apologism.

If Ciraldo is trying to rebuild everything from the ground up, logic would dictate he would have started the rebuild on day one of the pre-season, no? If he started on day one of the pre-season and the issue was players not wanting to work, why would the rot not have been apparent from day one?

What I think happened is, the players started the season with good energy and a few wins. Then we copped some injuries (unfortunate, but a part of the game.) Ciraldo's response was to panic and make unnecessary changes to the team sheet every week on top of the forced ones. It's like he made a wonky bridge out of a plank and some pavers, then kept moving the foundations around to try and stabilise it rather than just taking his time and making a proper footbridge to begin with.

As the season went on, players became more and more confused by what he was trying to do (and that is understandable, because I honestly don't think he knew himself.) He just started making willy-nilly changes to protect himself from criticism, started listening to media criticism and basing his team selections on it, threw some young guys into the deep end well before they were ready and set their development back significantly as they struggled in a struggling unit.

Wouldn't surprise me if Ciraldo started cracking the whip harder the more the criticism piled up as well. These guys are professional athletes. They will buy in as long as they are seeing the gains. They were seeing no gains under Ciraldope, so they slowly but surely lost the faith.

I find it hilarious that people think a guy like RFM, who has worked his butt off to return from numerous career threatening injuries, would sow the seeds of all this dissent because he doesn't want to work. The guy clearly isn't afraid of hard work.

The truth is, players were buying in at the start of the season, and at some point, they lost the faith. That is 100 percent on the coach, la familiar.

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of the central issues to why many fans including myself are concerned. They are repeating the same mistakes of whats been previously done. So is the chairman and CEO

Youll remember my keystone thread on this subject many months ago which has proven prosphetic

-we Have again appointed a rookie coach who is floundering like a fish out of water
- we have given a single egomaniac near full control of footy operations - Gould (think what Raelene did with hasler to great demise)
- we have continued to waste big money on recruiting outside backs and edge forwards, and failed to address the spine

Theres 3 cardinal sins which we have again repeated under the current admin. How has this happened? How have we not learnt? It is a disgrace

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You, 'Gun, should be above the nonsense of inventing silly names for your targets, like Ciraldope and Ciraldud. It is the lowest level of schoolboy humour, and you are capable of much better than that.
It's not humour, it's genuine frustration.... and in my opinion, accurate description. You know my jokes are much better than that.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is one of the central issues to why many fans including myself are concerned. They are repeating the same mistakes of whats been previously done. So is the chairman and CEO

Youll remember my keystone thread on this subject many months ago which has proven prosphetic

-we Have again appointed a rookie coach who is floundering like a fish out of water
- we have given a single egomaniac near full control of footy operations - Gould (think what Raelene did with hasler to great demise)
- we have continued to waste big money on recruiting outside backs and edge forwards, and failed to address the spine

Theres 3 cardinal sins which we have again repeated under the current admin. How has this happened? How have we not learnt? It is a disgrace
I could easily shut down your above comments and explain why they’re incorrect, and explain that’s there’s a distinct difference between past management and now, but I couldn’t be bothered because your a fanatic, and arguing a point with a fanatic is pointless …

Let’s just leave it at this …

You’ve never ran a football club, your not in the inner-circle of the football club, you like all of us really have no idea of what their plans are, anything any of us say is just an opinion and purely speculation ..

So harp on if you like, but 99% of TK know you have no idea ..

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Gould is on track & club administration are finally taking a 3 to 5 year view versus next year mentality. I am also happy with Ciraldo and his actions regarding winning mindset and training regime. Our 2023 roster was happy to stand behind the goal posts and accept losses on easy money so a clean out has been refreshing. Gould is recruiting journeymen as a stop gap to fill a 30 man roster whilst the juniors develop. Jersey flegg is showing signs of some career NRL players & it isn't hard to pull talented junior players off clubs whose salary cap means they cant hold them. All in all we will still suck in 24 but we will be more like 10th to 12th. 25 should see some of the jersey flegg kids getting blooded for half a dozen games & maybe we crack 7th or 8th. 2026 should be the year we are back as a serious powerhouse club. I have been supporting since 1972 so I can handle a few more years given the pathetic last 8 we have endured from incompetent administrators & coaches with short term mindsets. The current plan will lead us to the promised land.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I could easily shut down your above comments and explain why they’re incorrect
No you couldn't. If you were capable of this, you would make the argument and not just keep leaning back on petty personal attacks.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
To all the nellies saying all I do is neg on everyone connected to the club. Who is the first to stand up for Burton when you all shitcan him for struggling to steer this rabble of a team in his first full time halves gig? That would be me.

Most of you are just as negative as me. You just direct your anger at the playing group and not the coaching staff.

#hardtruths
Hear hear

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a forum....literally a place for opinions. It would be pretty boring and uninspired if we all dealt solely with established facts.

Some of us are very concerned about the direction the club is headed under these two and don't like us getting rid of highly regarded juniors and long term development players. I just don't get the whole trust the process thing when the process saw us getting our butts handed to us all year.
Don't have a problem with opinions per se, but it is not unreasonable to anticipate that intelligent people won't treat speculation as fact. Be all means share your opinions, but do so with good humour and appropriate recognition of the existence of speculation in your opinion. Otherwise you are no better than Buzz. Just look at who is agreeing with you. Be better.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don't have a problem with opinions per se, but it is not unreasonable to anticipate that intelligent people won't treat speculation as fact. Be all means share your opinions, but do so with good humour and appropriate recognition of the existence of speculation in your opinion. Otherwise you are no better than Buzz. Just look at who is agreeing with you. Be better.
So you are comparing chat on a forum specifically designed for the expression of opinions to news reports which are supposed to be based on objective truths, and also saying people should preface every opinion they share on a forum specifically created as a vehicle for the expression of opinion with a disclaimer confirming it as such?

I don't need to 'be better'. I know what an opinion forum is and understand its primary function is for people to discuss and share interpretations of news and not to generate it.

Full marks for snark, though!

As far as good humour goes, I use more humour than most on here, but also have a right to be annoyed by the direction of the club. Quite the double standard that people can neg on the playing group as much as they like, and most won't say boo, but if someone dare criticise the coaching staff or club execs, their points are dismissed as toxic and not in good humour.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The Kennel philosophy - everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as it is the correct opinion.

astro_boy77

Waterboy
Reaction score

We employed a GM and one with a great record to a 10 year contract as it's the only way a members run club can have stability.
The 3 pillars for success
1 - Stability
2 - Hard Work
3 - Employ the best possible people in all positions (admin and players)

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Kennel philosophy - everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as it is the correct opinion.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion but your opinion is on repeat same shit over and over and over and over.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to there opinion but your opinion is on repeat same shit over and over and over and over.
Yes, so you have told me about a million times. Every day you find new ways to hammer nails into the coffin of irony.

You don't really believe that, by the way. You'd prefer me not to have an opinion (or at least free expression of it.)

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, so you have told me about a million times. Every day you find new ways to hammer nails into the coffin of irony.

You don't really believe that, by the way. You'd prefer me not to have an opinion (or at least free expression of it.)
You do you, it just gets annoying that’s all, I’m pretty sure you knows this and you love for your threads to get large feedbacks,
not sure why, is there a prize for the most amount of pages or something ?

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So which spine players would you have picked up ?