Opinion Waddell

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just another day on TK :-).
To be fair he played way differently in the middle compared to an edge. Even when he had to move to an edge later in the game he started looking worse again and started making errors, giving away penalties etc.. But that first half at lock he looked like a different player and way more effective. Hopefully Baz has found his best position and can get more performances like that out of him moving forward..

It was always going to take Baz half a season to tinker and see who works best where in the team and hopefully he's getting a better sense of that now...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair he played way differently in the middle compared to an edge. Even when he had to move to an edge later in the game he started looking worse again and started making errors, giving away penalties etc.. But that first half at lock he looked like a different player and way more effective. Hopefully Baz has found his best position and can get more performances like that out of him moving forward..

It was always going to take Baz half a season to tinker and see who works best where in the team and hopefully he's getting a better sense of that now...
True but now we’ve got the challenge where Waddell, Jacko and even Elliott are best suited to 13.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
True but now we’ve got the challenge where Waddell, Jacko and even Elliott are best suited to 13.
If Waddell maintains this form over the coming weeks at lock then he should retain the spot. Elliott should stay on the edge for the remainder of the season either way and Jackson should just plug whatever gap is left for the season. Waddell at lock simply suits the team far better right now, well last night it did.

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Waddell’s defence is a lot shiter than Jackson’s and he will get exposed against the good teams like in previous rounds. That’s why he should start on the bench and Jackson starts at lock.

11. Elliot
12. Doorey
13. Jacko

15. Waddell

You got to remember Jackson played lock against the better teams, he is a far better player than Waddell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd keep Waddell at lock and Elliott and Jackson on the edges. Jackson's defence is way better on an edge compared to Waddell's. Hopefully Topine can still play big minutes off the bench when fit..

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope Barrett sees the value in picking players in their best position after this game.

Its not fair on the player to be playing out of position and looking bad in the process.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Beast Mode the arm chair coach. You were bagging him out non stop now he is the answer at lock??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Beast Mode the arm chair coach. You were bagging him out non stop now he is the answer at lock??
I didn't say he was the answer? I said he looked more comfortable at lock. He played well at lock and offered more than anyone else in that position so far this year. Am I not allowed to compliment him because I've been critical of him in the past?

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't say he was the answer? I said he looked more comfortable at lock. He played well at lock and offered more than anyone else in that position so far this year. Am I not allowed to compliment him because I've been critical of him in the past?
Yes you can flip flop but I will call it out.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of our backrowers are very similar players and the biggest issue is everyone of them looks and plays better at lock

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jackson is a better centre than Floppa. Although he did try harder tonight. My heart jumped everytime the ball went out the sharks backline though.
What are you talking about?
Flanagan, Hopoate & Cotric have been firm defensively the last two weeks.

Left side is still very suspect in defence.

Your eyes must be painted on!!