Vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely B Moz goes to fullback. I gave Abbey the benefit of the doubt in his first game against NZ, but my goodness his positioning was awful especially in the first half last week.

Shift B Moz to full back and put Abbey on the wing as we will need his goal kicking.

Milford is one of the best exponents of catching full backs out of position with his deft grubbers behind the line and in the in goal area. He will have a feast with Abbey at fullback.

Note, i am not bagging Abbey here, its just that he isnt ready for the top grade and we are desperate. If this was towards the end of the season and we had a luxury, ie, firmly planted in the 8 or 4 and we could experiment a little, then by all means.

Hasler will make a massive mistake if he keeps Abbey at fullback for this game.

Bmoz is very safe under the high ball, and can create something out of nothing so the more times he has the ball in his hands the better.

Apart from the forced change in the halves this is the only change i will make.

If the team has any pride and they TRULY do have Des' back then we should see an ambush on Thursday night. I am looking at this especially from a defense side.

Line speed, hit and stick are indicators if the team does care about what happened last week and they want Des to stay.

Broncos havent been that great, they just beat Canberra at home who were absolutely diabolical in terms of ball handling.

If we turn up with line speed, hitting hard and sticking, then i will be happy and be over last week and it is a sign the players really do want to play for Des.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would keep Abbey there for the experience. I agree his positioning got caught out last week but Bmoz's body can't handle FB so why risk putting him out long term again? Beside Abbey has to learn it sometime. The way I see it we will get handed our arses against the Bronc's either way so let the chips fall where they may. Maybe it's the loss we have to have?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bmoz will nuke his knees at fullback. Abbey needs to stay there.

Even Slater has shitty days.

Abbey lurks around in attack and when he starts to time when to inject himself for an offload, he'll be a real danger.

Abbey reads the game well... but needs time to adapt to first grade... w/out the Hoppa injury he wouldn't be promoted remember.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abbey has only played 2 FG games. I can't believe how many are death riding him.

He deserves more of a chance. He is still a kid who is not ready for FG.

We should give him the chance to at least get comfortable at playing at this level

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Abbey will get better with some FG experience. Sure hes a risk right now, but its temporary. Once Hopoate comes back, he wont get much chance after that, especially of Hop ends up playing Sundays. Dont want BMoz at FB even though hes better than Abbey there by miles. Dont want BMoz injured. Hes one of the few players in the team who can make something out of nothing. Also i like the idea of a Moz on each side to help the rookies in defence. Like most things using last week as an example of anything is a bad idea. Whole team sucked. I say that for the person who was going to say "Well a Moz on each side didnt help us vs Manly" or words with a bit more rage in them, to that effect.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would keep Abbey there for the experience. I agree his positioning got caught out last week but Bmoz's body can't handle FB so why risk putting him out long term again? Beside Abbey has to learn it sometime. The way I see it we will get handed our arses against the Bronc's either way so let the chips fall where they may. Maybe it's the loss we have to have?
Exactly. We're going to lose anyway; let's build in adversity and see if it is the making of us.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abbey has only played 2 FG games. I can't believe how many are death riding him.

He deserves more of a chance. He is still a kid who is not ready for FG.

We should give him the chance to at least get comfortable at playing at this level
Barba was exactly the same after two first grade games. Players only get better by learning from their errors and facing the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.