• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people in Australia could smell the horseshit but I can’t reconcile why many on here couldnt smell the horseshit? They basically submerged themselves to their neck in horseshit and still couldn’t smell it ?? Gullible?

Attachments

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most people in Australia could smell the horseshit but I can’t reconcile why many on here couldnt smell the horseshit? They basically submerged themselves to their neck in horseshit and still couldn’t smell it ?? Gullible?
The YES campaign was feel good and had a better vibe. Imagine how good it would have felt to change your social media profile pic to a yes banner around your face? Or posing with a yes t shirt?

I’ve seen it myself on social media, when you pose with a yes shirt all the feedback is positive, it’s all a big love fest.

You would have got instant gratification from other delusional yes voters both in real life and on social media.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure why this myth is still going around. The votes over. The Voice wasn't going to have any power. It was just advisory.
Surely that’s contradictory, The Voice had power to advise, if that advice was taken then plainly it had power to influence decisions. If that advice was never taken then why have The Voice at all.

Of course it’s not all one way or the other, some advice could have been taken and some not. To say that it had no power is just not realistic, it had to have the power to influence or it wasn’t worth having.
That seems like you're arguing semantics. Technically we all have the power to change government and policy as voters. And while it's not "no power", it still seems irrelevant to the discussion especially when Washeed said:

"It's about giving a Government advisory board a lot of power for reasons unknown.

It's like playing Russian Roulette"
Semantics to some are facts to others. Plainly the fact is The Voice was going to have power and the amount of power depended on the Government of the day taking its advice. Much the same as other advice the Government might receive, but The voice would have been unique in being enshrined in the Constitution, that alone endows a level of power others don't enjoy.

Of course I can talk to my local MP, give him/her lots of advice but The Voice was intended to advise all of the Government. Somewhat of a difference in scale and reach.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The funniest moment of the campaign for me was Rove on The Project. He said “if my 9 year old daughter understands what this about it should be an easy choice”.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so 2.5 mil ppl didn't even bother voting for the referendum......

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did anyone see the meltdown by rapper Briggs on twitter? Comedy gold! The fool put so much effort into his ridiculous ad campaign that blew up in has face. Now he is sulking on twitter bahaha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No. We can bag the crap out of every country but if you make any observations about Israel it is antisemitic and we have to shut down our speech. I’m talking in general not about TK discussion btw.
It's funny that this was from 9 years ago. Watch until the end. History really repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.