• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We cannot go changing the constitution to accommodate this crap with such little info attached. We dont know how its gonna work. We dont know how much its gonna cost. What we do know is that it will be divisive and legally risky.
VOTE NO!

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The PM to put forth this referendum which would alter our constitution forever, and openly admitting that he hasn’t read the full 26 pages of the Uluṟu statement from the heart, is the ultimate example of sheer stupidity and total incompetence.
Vote NO

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I chose not to believe what 98 out of 100 legal experts have told me. I chose not to listen to what 8 out of 10 first nations people want. I chose to listen to the party where there own party members are crossing the floor because they do not agree with the parties opinion. I chose to listen to the first nations political spokesperson who downplayed the massacre of her own people and I chose to listen to the most high profile first nations opposition spokesperson who, at the 11th hour, admitted he's voting no because he actually wants something much more disruptive (both legally and financially).
Vote No (if this is where your thinking is at).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The PM to put forth this referendum which would alter our constitution forever, and openly admitting that he hasn’t read the full 26 pages of the Uluṟu statement from the heart, is the ultimate example of sheer stupidity and total incompetence.
Vote NO
It's still not 26 pages.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think this would be the first advisory committee to make representations to parliament?

If you don't agree with the voice, that's one thing, but to say it's anti democratic is just rubbish, lafam. It's an advisory panel, it won't have the power to legislate. Parliament retains that power. And surely you can't sit there and argue with a straight face that a proposal you get to vote on is anti-democratic....

Credit where it's due, you're a pretty good troll
it is anti democratic. I’ll vote in who I want to be my voice, if I don’t like them I’ll vote them out too..

No one gets an automatic seat at the table to push their own agenda.. get out!

the Point is we don’t know… so vote NO

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the NO campaign wins in a landslide, we need to take it as a mandate to kick those elders out of footy games, I just want to watch the footy not listen to that bullshit permission to play that we don’t need and didn’t ask for

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
So are you saying to ignore the additional 25 pages then, which mention reparations and the invasion of Botany Bay?
Oh. U mean these bits.

In relation to content, the Dialogues discussed that a Treaty could include a proper say in decision-making, the establishment of a truth commission, reparations, a financial settlement (such as seeking a percentage of GDP), the resolution of land, water and resources issues, recognition of authority and customary law, and guarantees of respect for the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.169
In relation to enforcement, the issues raised were about the legal force the Treaty should have, and particularly whether it should be backed by legislation or given constitutional force.

and...

Australia was not a settlement and it was not a discovery. It was an invasion.7
‘Cook did not discover us, because we saw him. We were telling each other with smoke, yet in his diary, he said “discovered”.’ (Torres Strait)8
‘Australia must acknowledge its history, its true history. Not Captain Cook. What happened all across Australia: the massacres and the wars. If that were taught in schools, we might have one nation, where we are all together.’ (Darwin)9
The invasion that started at Botany Bay is the origin of the fundamental grievance between the old and new Australians: that Australia was colonised without the consent of its rightful owners.10
Now is an opportunity for the First Nations to tell the truth about history in our own voices and from our own point of view.11
And for mainstream Australians to hear those voices and to reconsider what they know and understand about their nation’s history. This will be challenging, but the truth about invasion needs to be told.

So that first bit is all on treaty - what Warren Mundine (the first nations leading No advocate) has made clear he wants. Funny, the govt with the Voice has not mentioned treaty. So the reparations bit comes from the No vote. Is this what you are voting No for?

The second bit you misquoted but were close. And from a first nations perspective, its correct.

Thanks for your help.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
it is anti democratic. I’ll vote in who I want to be my voice, if I don’t like them I’ll vote them out too..

No one gets an automatic seat at the table to push their own agenda.. get out!

the Point is we don’t know… so vote NO
You don't get to vote for any sitting member of parliament, with the exception of your local member, don't get to vote for who leads your party of choice (I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Liberal), and you're worried about voting to select an advisory panel from a field of elders you probably know nothing about.

Cool story, bro.

Don't wanna know, just voting NO would be a better slogan

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit where it's due, you're a pretty good troll
so now you label all NO voters (overwhelming majority) as trolls?

the yes voters are woke uninformed (no one knows the details) extremely gullible people.

if you don’t know…. Vote NO

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still weak. Do better.
hacky, your usually a reasonable well considered articulate person. I’m a little flabergasted you’re advocating for the voice campaign which is aimed at the woke gullible / reckless people

Tell me you joking? Aha?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
so now you label all NO voters (overwhelming majority) as trolls?

the yes voters are woke uninformed (no one knows the details) extremely gullible people.

if you don’t know…. Vote NO
I didn't call all no voters trolls.... but a bloke who goes around posting threads about renters being the scum of the earth and complaining about employees dressing cas when they duck out to the shops.... come on, now lol

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that first bit is all on treaty - what Warren Mundine (the first nations leading No advocate) has made clear he wants. Funny, the govt with the Voice has not mentioned treaty. So the reparations bit comes from the No vote. Is this what you are voting No for?
If the reparations came from the NO vote, then how do you explain you mate, YES campaigner Thomas Mayo?

Goodnight.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If the reparations came from the NO vote, then how do you explain you mate, YES campaigner Thomas Mayo?

Goodnight.
You mean you found a first nations guy who said he'd vote Yes vs the leading No first nations spokesperson both wanting treaty? Well, one is much better placed to push for a treaty than the other?

Thought you'd thank me for showing you that soundbites do not always stand up to the light of scrutiny.

Hope you have sweet dreams filled with Yes sheep.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
hacky, your usually a reasonable well considered articulate person. I’m a little flabergasted you’re advocating for the voice campaign which is aimed at the woke gullible / reckless people

Tell me you joking? Aha?
Your trolling isn't any better

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean you found a first nations guy who said he'd vote Yes vs the leading No first nations spokesperson both wanting treaty? Well, one is much better placed to push for a treaty than the other?

Thought you'd thank me for showing you that soundbites do not always stand up to the light of scrutiny.

Hope you have sweet dreams filled with Yes sheep.
Delta Goodrem is engaged.
I’m so happy for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.