Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Would it be best to trade in your old car or just buy the car you are looking at ?

M

mofo sixx

Would it be best to trade in your old car or just buy the car you are looking at ?
depends on what your old car is & how much they offer u for a trade & whether thats a fair price for that car!

personally the 2nd hand Mkt is basically dead, so unless ur car is the type to sell ur better to trade it in! it saves u havin to deal with it

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Yes it did

Look in the "Reduce Swelling" thread

You don't pop up that much anymore in my threads kenny

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
depends on what your old car is & how much they offer u for a trade & whether thats a fair price for that car!

personally the 2nd hand Mkt is basically dead, so unless ur car is the type to sell ur better to trade it in! it saves u havin to deal with it
Nissan Pulsar N16 2001 Model

K

KL

just buy it mate.

one hesatation and it could be gone.

just like your ass virginity

M

mofo sixx

Nissan Pulsar N16 2001 Model

yea dude just have a look on redbook.com.au & get the market value & then compare that to what the offer for a trade

& also compare the prices on carsales & carpoint for similar kms age etc!

personally if there offer something remotely close to what ur happyu with i would take it!

better that than holding on to get an extra $500 or grand yet it takes u 6 months to sell it & in the mean time ur rego runs out n siht

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Yeah that's why im thinking around now would be best to get rid off it because it's still in good condition but has done about 150k on the road and still has 11 months rego on it and is still a nice capable car to drive.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um trade in old one, then buy the car you want? :confused:

Why would you still need your old car if it is just for you?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
it depends
Great reply dude. All you can do is put some ads up and wait a couple of weeks, but if you have to trade car salesman are trained to offer you jack crap so be cunning and pick all the faults in the car you want to buy to get him to take some off, even get a mechanics/NRMA inspection to make sure its not abused.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because i could still get another family member to drive the car
Would only benefit you if they paid you for the car once you bought a new one.

If possible go to the dealer for the new car, and hoefully they normally do the trade in service with a purchase of a new vechicle. Go that option, you will financially benefit only a little.

Otherwise wait until the new car is purchased then trade off the old car, or just try to sell it privately. If its in good condition with a long rego, you would get more moolah privately selling it then getting ripped off through a trader.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
keep it... the dealers arent giving you **** for your car

The Custard

I'm Batman.
Reaction score
Soliola. Noone would want a car with Broken shocks and a broken drivers seat with food scraps all over the floor.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Would only benefit you if they paid you for the car once you bought a new one.

If possible go to the dealer for the new car, and hoefully they normally do the trade in service with a purchase of a new vechicle. Go that option, you will financially benefit only a little.

Otherwise wait until the new car is purchased then trade off the old car, or just try to sell it privately. If its in good condition with a long rego, you would get more moolah privately selling it then getting ripped off through a trader.
Im thinking if i go Private it will only get about 8k at the max due to how many kilometres is on my car.

Well the car was paid for by the parents and brought down to me and all i had to do was pay Insurance and put Petrol in it and the car still has plenty of life in it due to it only being 7 years old.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ you think you will get more than 8k trading it into a dealer?

LOL

Good luck with that. Hope you prove me wrong.

Go private.

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
^^ you think you will get more than 8k trading it into a dealer?

LOL

Good luck with that. Hope you prove me wrong.

Go private.
No i mean that is the max amount i think i would get in a Private Sale

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, i know. :confused: i wasn't debating that.

All i said is that compared to private, you would probably get a LOWER max trading it in with a dealer.

Get it now?

:rolleyes:

..shurrup..

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, i know. :confused: i wasn't debating that.

All i said is that compared to private, you would probably get a LOWER max trading it in with a dealer.

Get it now?

:rolleyes:
i do :love: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.