News Vale Carl Webb 1981-2023 sadly passes away

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
very sad news.

Always hated him (in a respectful way) ripping into NSW at every origin game he played.

He was full of mongrel, wish our forwards at Dogs could play with half the intensity he played with.

RIP you warrior.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeap top fella for a Queenslander almost iconic maroon, hated him the time he slapped Luke Patten out of the way but still sad the big fella went like this.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too young. Absolute beast , loved watching his agression. Will be missed. I hope his family is doing ok, terrible time in the year for that to happen but good to know he left a mark on the game. Could match agression when needed

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carl Webb is what Jack Hethrington wished he could play like. Aggression and the strength to back it up, unfortunately for Jack, he had neither but just a penalty machine.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad fact.

There are about 2000 people in Australia with MND.

Every day 2 people are diagnosed with it & 2 people die from it.

I am no expert on it, but I think it has something to do with weed killer (round up)

My Dad was an avid gardener & used round up, like it was water.

Lots of Football players have gotten it. And they train & play on grass. Which would have had weed killer on it.

Don't know if the members on here, who knew someone who died from MND we into gardening or played a sport on grass.
Haven’t heard about the link to weed killer but there’s definitely links to round-up (glycophosphate) and non-hodginson lymphoma, there’s quite a bit of research on this and many cases against the manufacturer - Monsanto.

I know there has been suggestions of a link between MND and PTSD, there’s certainly higher rates amongst veterans.

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Webb still holds the Broncos record for bench press (180kg) and back squat (252.5kg), set almost two decades ago, records etched to this day on a visual board in the Broncos gym, inspiring the current NRL squad.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Webb still holds the Broncos record for bench press (180kg) and back squat (252.5kg), set almost two decades ago, records etched to this day on a visual board in the Broncos gym, inspiring the current NRL squad.
Cowboys too, and is actually better than his bronco record .

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Haven’t heard about the link to weed killer but there’s definitely links to round-up (glycophosphate) and non-hodginson lymphoma, there’s quite a bit of research on this and many cases against the manufacturer - Monsanto.

I know there has been suggestions of a link between MND and PTSD, there’s certainly higher rates amongst veterans.
Veterans may be at higher risk of it due to the extensive use of Agent Orange to defoliate the jungles of Vietnam during the war?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad fact.

There are about 2000 people in Australia with MND.

Every day 2 people are diagnosed with it & 2 people die from it.

I am no expert on it, but I think it has something to do with weed killer (round up)

My Dad was an avid gardener & used round up, like it was water.

Lots of Football players have gotten it. And they train & play on grass. Which would have had weed killer on it.

Don't know if the members on here, who knew someone who died from MND we into gardening or played a sport on grass.
Is that a insomnia theory or a Gene theory?

it’s the worst disease. We need to know what causes it

Wire Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I remember seeing him play on Kangaroo tours over here, one hell of a forward, and as someone has already said, someone you 'hated' because they were so damn good - RIP Carl and love & prayers to his family, MND is a horrible illness.

Rob Burrow (ex Leeds player) is going through it over here and his mate Kevin Sinfield has so far raised over £7M for MND research by running ultramarathons, back to back marathons, etc. It's absolutely amazing!