[update #1] Season stats so far

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Round 3 saw Trent absolutely bottle it and throw away all the positives we saw in the earlier 2 rounds by disgracefully dropping Jake only 2 games into the season. Nothing but pure panic all because our edges didn't ice the numerous chances we created the previous week in round 2.

Dropped from THIRD for line breaks to SIXTH with us only creating ONE tonight.
Dropped from SIXTH for line break assists to SEVENTH with us only creating 2 more than the worst team.
Dropped from THIRD for line engaged to FIFTH.
Dropped from SEVENTH for support runs to ELEVENTH.
Increased from SECOND for decoy runs to FIRST.
Dropped from FIRST for run metres to FOURTH.
Dropped from SIXTH for post contact metres to EIGTH.
Dropped from SECOND for offloads to SIXTH.
Dropped from EIGTH for missed tackles to NINTH.

Clear drop off in where we were at during the first 2 rounds, both with the eye test and on paper. Weather is not an excuse as we played in equally bad if not worse conditions against the cowboys a who are currently SECOND and BEAT them. Lack of any sort of combination play tonight and overall were just a shambles in terms of organisation and direction. Biggest concern was Burton, he was basically strangled out of the game and got junk ball towards the end of the set to kick it or aimlessly run it. The chemistry between him and Wakeham was non existent, JMK was also back to his uncontrolled best..again, chemistry?

Burton had 42 touches today and 5 runs. Time in possession 26.08m.
Round 2 he had 57 touches and 13 runs. Time in possession 34.48m.
Round 1 he had 56 touches and 9 runs. Time in possession 29.29m.

As you can see numbers are well down even when you consider the drop in possession. Wakeham handled the ball 40 times in only 66 minutes for comparison. Burton also kicked the ball with 13 of those possessions, so he kicked with almost a THIRD of his touches. Unfortunately round 3 was a clear step backwards for both the team and individuals. I was angry tonight, something i didn't feel the previous 2 weeks. i I will pass on this weeks Psychologist's bill to the club.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Baz has F'd himself picking Wakeham. He can't drop him next week now even tho Averillo (or BBO) are better options. Sabotage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Baz has F'd himself picking Wakeham. He can't drop him next week now even tho Averillo (or BBO) are better options. Sabotage.
You're right he cant drop him, though he could just pretend he was actually good for the team like some are doing on here. He and us will be hoping that there's a massive improvement next week to justify his ridiculous decision this round otherwise it's all down hill..

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Round 3 saw Trent absolutely bottle it and throw away all the positives we saw in the earlier 2 rounds by disgracefully dropping Jake only 2 games into the season. Nothing but pure panic all because our edges didn't ice the numerous chances we created the previous week in round 2.

Dropped from SIXTH for line break assists to SEVENTH with us only creating 2 more than the worst team.

Clear drop off in where we were at during the first 2 rounds, both with the eye test and on paper. Weather is not an excuse as we played in equally bad if not worse conditions against the cowboys a who are currently SECOND and BEAT them. Lack of any sort of combination play tonight and overall were just a shambles in terms of organisation and direction. Biggest concern was Burton, he was basically strangled out of the game and got junk ball towards the end of the set to kick it or aimlessly run it. The chemistry between him and Wakeham was non existent, JMK was also back to his uncontrolled best..again, chemistry?

As you can see numbers are well down even when you consider the drop in possession. Wakeham handled the ball 40 times in only 66 minutes for comparison. Burton also kicked the ball with 13 of those possessions, so he kicked with almost a THIRD of his touches. Unfortunately round 3 was a clear step backwards for both the team and individuals. I was angry tonight, something i didn't feel the previous 2 weeks. i I will pass on this weeks Psychologist's bill to the club.
So what you're saying is we missed Okunbor and need him back ASAP :tearsofjoy:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

Considering we were bottom of the table in all those stats last year we are still improved on that. I'm ok with how things are progressing. It's totally expected. Actually expected to lose by more vs a top 4 team from last year at their home, with turbo in the side

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This proved to be a silly exercise getting people all excited over some cherry picked stats after just 2 rounds.

Let’s put these away for now, and come back to them after 7-8 rounds yeah?
Why?
Better than just meaningless ramble.
Stats are facts.
I know theyre not everything but its good to see some black and white comparisons taking emotion and opinion out of the equation.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people on this site are unbelievable. You whinge, moan and chuck a hissy fit because Barrett us too stubborn and when he does change the side (to what you all screamed about) and they don't gek on the first outing tge death riding immediately starts up again. You caginas need to find another team to follow because as far as I'm concerned you aren't fit ti be true Bulldogs supporters. As far as the stats go... shove them up your arse, we were starved of possession in the second half and performed admirably.

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just how is it disgraceful dropping Avo when he clearly offers nothing at 7 and never will? What is disgraceful is Trent Barrett’s mind for coming to the conclusion that Avo is our best option as halfback moving forward! Once again Barrett is proving why he’s way out of his depth as a first grade coach. Naden is a winger but picking him in the centre’s. Burns is centre but playing him on the wing.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score

Did u go to the game last night?

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On the positive side we are positioned best on the ladder since 2017 after 3 rounds and our for and again hasn’t taken a massive hit yet lol

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need a goal-kicker and Flanagan is the best we’ve got. Maybe give him another go and if he doesn’t perform, see you later.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
only reason for some of those stats dropping is because of our ill discipline in the second half giving away stupid 6 agains on last tackle which made us defend more than what we should be doing

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be fair I don't think Avo would have made a difference if he played instead of wakeham. The forwards were a shadow of their performances in previous weeks. Our discipline was also worse.
If our forwards aimed up and our discipline was good that would be a fair comparison to wakeham/avo. I thought the halves from both sides were ordinary, DCE was probably the pick but foran wasn't involved much.

I know one thing though when burns held up turbo over the line, that would have been a try against us without making that change.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're right he cant drop him, though he could just pretend he was actually good for the team like some are doing on here. He and us will be hoping that there's a massive improvement next week to justify his ridiculous decision this round otherwise it's all down hill..
Averillo will be back in the side but not as halfback i reckon