Opinion UNLOCK THE FOXX

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Swear they follow me around on here. Could be multiple comments made but as soon as I say something they're all jumping down my throat followed by them sucking each other off with likes and comments. I've blocked them all now, can't keep filling threads with shit because they're more interested in playing the man and not the ball.
@Bulldogsteve has an infatuation with you.. its borderline weird.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Criita will unlock the Fox. Burton had very few assists from passing., can only think of the Wilson try against Souths

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The fat fella went very well last Friday in his first hit out for 24, hopefully has a very good year with some good clean ball in space.
As said you wouldn't be too upset playing outside Critta in defence as well as attack.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
dont make me spend my toilet time at work tomorrow cleaning this thread up

Stick to hating or liking Burton, not each other
It's got to be a pain in the ass. It's about a three to one ratio of back and forth arguing to one on topic post.

As far as JAC's try scoring rate is concerned. Last year was a poor year for everyone. We were a few players short of quality depth in every position. The side was chopped and changed due to injury. So as much as I wish he'd scored three tries every game, I know it's tough to do as a finisher in a team that's limping along.

This year the whole backline will be doing things at pace. I think JAC among others will have a healthy try tally.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no better sight than a Foxx on the run, but man was it frustrating watching this happen so rarely in '23.
I agree,
But that's what happens when you don't have quality forwards or halves.
Don't matter how good the outside backs are if the middle forwards are getting dominated and the halves are struggling.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I noticed how he has added more muscle around his shoulders. Might make him a more powerful unit for us.
He usually has probing runs at the line rather than attack it, I think this year you'll see him hitting the line with force. He was a walk up starter when he arrived, but now there is some quality competition for wing spots with Wilson and Skelton,who both run the ball hard,Fox is going to lift in that area this year imo

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Judging by all stars, we could be in for something special. We need a positive fox around camp. Plus with there right service the blokes unstoppable, so quick off the mark. Hopefully plays himself into an origin jersey

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Judging by all stars, we could be in for something special. We need a positive fox around camp. Plus with there right service the blokes unstoppable, so quick off the mark. Hopefully plays himself into an origin jersey
Absolutely, JAC is a proven performer, when he is on his game he does freaky stuff. Can't help but feel that maybe he struggled not having as much quality around him, not to mention a certain level of professionalism and positivity. Positivity gets lost if it gets lonely. With new guys joining like Crichton, Mann, Hutch, Xerri, and young guys now a lot closer to first grade like O'neil and Papalii, we might see a more positive fox this season.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely, JAC is a proven performer, when he is on his game he does freaky stuff. Can't help but feel that maybe he struggled not having as much quality around him, not to mention a certain level of professionalism and positivity. Positivity gets lost if it gets lonely. With new guys joining like Crichton, Mann, Hutch, Xerri, and young guys now a lot closer to first grade like O'neil and Papalii, we might see a more positive fox this season.
Blokes like fox generate a lot of positive energy in a footy side, but they also feed off it. I think he just got fatigued last year putting a lot out there and getting nothing back, I think criita and xerri will be huge for the fox pumping up his tyres when he needs it.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The try scored by Jonathan Sua showed how to unlock the winger. If our halves take it deep into the line at speed and provide clean crisp ball to dangerous wide players like Papalii then Addo-Carr will be scoring tries Willy Nilly.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the one hand, Burton has to feed him, on the other hand like in the all star game he actually has to stand a bit deeper for a pass, too many times in 2023 he was too flat, probably looking for the kick. Fox needs to be patient and be available for the pass.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the one hand, Burton has to feed him, on the other hand like in the all star game he actually has to stand a bit deeper for a pass, too many times in 2023 he was too flat, probably looking for the kick. Fox needs to be patient and be available for the pass.
With Sexton digging into the line and creating space for the outside men, Fox should have lots more room.