Opinion UNLOCK THE FOXX

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Needs a half inside him who will get him the ball when he wants it. At the Storm he had Cameron Munster on his edge. At the Bulldogs he's mostly had Matt Burton.
All he had was Matt Burton to be fair.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watch how Trindall setup I think fox's first try in the all stars game. Now watch what happens at the Bulldogs. That's your answer.
Assuming you're talking about the grubber and not the Latrell cut out.

Of all the criticisms one can make of Burton, surely his kick assists to JAC isn't one?

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Last year CC had selection headaches due to lack of options, this year, he has too many. I thought Salmon showed enough to be a good ball playing 13, But we have Curran. I think Salmon might be our 14
I was pleasantly surprised with Salmon. Happy for him to be in the team as he gives us an extra option and plays to the line.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Interested to see how he goes with a bit more bulk

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t understand all the hate recently towards Marley. We all as fans can agree that Burton has been underwhelming. Together with the high expectations we have of him and his price tag we have every right to criticise his poor performances for his standards. Burton was a passenger last week and he needs to be better, he will also say that himself. Marley together with all of us want Burton to be 5/8 of the year (he can be). But will he be ? He should be in the conversation but sadly I don’t think he will be.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Of all the criticisms one can make of Burton, surely his kick assists to JAC isn't one?
Didn’t happen that much in 2023 this

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Him missing close to a third the season sort of explains the difference?
Still did it barely. Burton was actually terrible last year it isn’t funny he literally did fuck all 3 quarters of the year. Didn’t even excell at the one thing he did good in 2022

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We saw the strike power he has in the all stars game.

What is the excuse for this guy not getting 20 tries in 2024???

Give the Foxx quality service and he will score. If we don't unlock the Foxx I will be extremely pissed off. There are no excuses any more, we have a strong enough backline now. If our players didn't watch that game and see how to give him service we are wasting his time and career. Unlock him ASAP!!!
What I liked most about his performance in the allstars game was his increased power. He really has beefed up a bit in the off-season and he was hitting much harder in defense, and actually bending the lines with his runs out of our end. I think he is primed for a good year! If he is outside Critta then I'm sure he will score a stack!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

No, the Latrell pass. Trindall creates the space by baiting the defender in on Curran and passes the ball as soon as he plants his feet.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still did it barely. Burton was actually terrible last year it isn’t funny he literally did fuck all 3 quarters of the year. Didn’t even excell at the one thing he did good in 2022
Watch yourself Zane you may find yourself in a world of pain lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t understand all the hate recently towards Marley. We all as fans can agree that Burton has been underwhelming. Together with the high expectations we have of him and his price tag we have every right to criticise his poor performances for his standards. Burton was a passenger last week and he needs to be better, he will also say that himself. Marley together with all of us want Burton to be 5/8 of the year (he can be). But will he be ? He should be in the conversation but sadly I don’t think he will be.
Swear they follow me around on here. Could be multiple comments made but as soon as I say something they're all jumping down my throat followed by them sucking each other off with likes and comments. I've blocked them all now, can't keep filling threads with shit because they're more interested in playing the man and not the ball.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t happen that much in 2023 this
True.

I have no evidence to support this but it seemed like there was an emphasis on not relying on inaccurate torpedo bombs and chips/grubbers in 2023.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swear they follow me around on here. Could be multiple comments made but as soon as I say something they're all jumping down my throat followed by them sucking each other off with likes and comments. I've blocked them all now, can't keep filling threads with shit because they're more interested in playing the man and not the ball.
Keep doing you my bro. We are all entitled to our opinions

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wuh